Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

I think I came closer to dying today than I ever have before. Biking home, I got cut off by a car when going 35ish mph down a hill. When I grabbed my brake, a bolt holding the handlebars on suddenly failed, and the handlebars slipped down 90 degrees. Very nearly faceplanted on concrete while being tailgated by a pickup.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
      is this dude on sz?

i can't say that everything (or anything) is styled to my taste but that's one hell of a wardrobe.
      all his pants fit great - i never could come across Dior jeans that fit me like that.

that's also the first time i was aware CCP made sneakers.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

he posted on sufu at some point.. I don't usually preach for brand synergy but can say I'm a big fan of Poell worn with Filippa K and Donna Karan

theetruscan, you managed to stay up..??
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
          I think I came closer to dying today than I ever have before. Biking home, I got cut off by a car when going 35ish mph down a hill. When I grabbed my brake, a bolt holding the handlebars on suddenly failed, and the handlebars slipped down 90 degrees. Very nearly faceplanted on concrete while being tailgated by a pickup.
          SZ members are getting themselves into life threatening situations = no good. Hope you came out Ok.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
            theetruscan, you managed to stay up..??
            Yeah, somehow. Really don't know how I did, but I managed to stay upright.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

Comes up all the time on sz.

One of the few significant differences that we found between American irregular verbs and British irregular verbs was with the form fitted.

In British English, the form fitted seems to be preferred.

In American English, the situation appears to be more complicated. Our research indicates that Americans generally prefer the simple past and past participle form fit. However, when the verb fit is used to mean "to tailor," they seem to prefer fitted.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I couldn't imagine saying "it fitted well", I always use "fit" as past tense even though my english is sort of a mix of American and British. "fitted" to me sounds better as an adjective or as the process of fitting something somewhere.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

I had never hear of "it fit well" until I started reading waywts.....It sounds really strange to me.

Comment

• Test
                    • Dec 2008

I'd only use "fitted" in a very specific situation. At the moment I can't really think of one.

Is this anyone here? Via Facehunter, so this look caught me off guard. Can't say I like it much, especially the rolled pants, but hey I'm nuts.

Comment

• Piffen
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                      is this dude on sz?

i can't say that everything (or anything) is styled to my taste but that's one hell of a wardrobe.
                      He has posted once or twice if I recall correctly.. I never really liked the way he puts together outfits either and even though it seems he stepped up his game since last time I checked nothing has changed..

And here's a little clip of one of the all time SZ favourites on a Stockholm visit..

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

that ccp jacket looks familiar......
                        edit. not on Jeremy

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                          I am rethinking my brakeless bike now...might get a front brake...maybe...

Comment

• swami
                            • Jul 2008

A few years ago on a weekend trip had a friend rolling down a hill at maybe little over 20mph she felt like she was loosing control and jammed on the front brake.. She toppled over and landed on her head. Was in a coma and had severe injuries..luckily she made it out alright .
                            Lesson learned Pulllease always wear a helmet!

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

everybody saw the jaoquin phoenix letterman interview right?
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Dalmatians
                                • Nov 2008

Ya, it was sad. Letterman ripped on him pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎