Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blacktulip
    • Nov 2011

I also live in Helsinki. Have also lived in Glasgow and London, and would like to try a dose of either Paris or some Asian megacity.
    "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

• UA+
      • Nov 2007

seems like there's a lot of people living in helsinki judging from this page alone. town is so small i am sure i have bumped into you one time or another.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by UA+ View Post
        seems like there's a lot of people living in helsinki judging from this page alone. town is so small i am sure i have bumped into you one time or another at Helsinki 10.
        Fixed
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Kirky
          Banned
          • Dec 2010

I live in Vancouver. Living is expensive here and for clothes...it's another sad story. I used to window shop at those infamous luxury stores( Holt Renfrew & Leone) and have chatted to clerks and buyer(Leone) about the brands they carry. Well, no store in town carries any gothic brands. Altho Komakino was here yrs ago but it didn't work out well here. The buyer told me that they're not planning on carrying Rick Owens, Julius, CCP(altho they admitted many customers have asked about the names) because they think every season's products are similar. Therefore, with the high price, they think people might just buy few classic pieces and that'll be it. Ummmm...no comment about their saying when i see they put their Alexander Mcqueen and Neil Barrett on sale and putting no discount for True Religion and Boss(gangster swag here. high demand)...i'd just say it would be a brave move to open a store that only carries the non-mainstream style in this TrueReligion-swagging-out-town

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kirky View Post
            Well, no store in town carries any gothic brands.
            no emo in vancouver then?
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• munch
              • Aug 2008

never ever move to north Sweden

Comment

• modern77
                • Oct 2006

Have lived in Vienna for a little over a year now. Vienna is probably the easiest city to live in, in the world. Relatively inexpensive, clean, safe, efficient.

It's a very beautiful city with an incredible history and vibrant cultural scene. Close proximity to mountains. Very good restaurants, museums...decent nightlife, shopping, etc.

The city is breathtaking in the summer, but I find that the winter is where it really comes to life, as many of the traditional Austrian cultural activities (drinking gluhwein, etc) are centered around the colder months.

The city is however, far from progressive. The Viennese have an almost reflexive resistance to change and it is for that reason that I couldn't see myself staying here forever.

Lived in NYC for 12 years before Vienna, and will probably end up back there in a few years.

Comment

• Cookie_Monster
                  • Jan 2011

I live in Houston, Texas.

This is where fashion truly dies.

Comment

• eat me
                    • May 2009

modern77, Vienna was actually found to have to highest quality of life in the world in 2011, according to some rating agency.

Comment

• Kirky
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                      no emo in vancouver then?
                      Acutally there're quite a few in Downtown area tho

well, they're more like from underground rock bands.

their clothes and style tend to be more "Vintage" and "Hard Rock"

there are metal pieces on clothes(in a falling-in-pieces vintage way)

tattoo all the way.

mostly swearing and asking for "spare change" while sitting on their guitar or speakers by the sidewalk

Mohawk hair style with red blue orange blah blah blah.

you know, not dark/Gothic but vintage, hard rock, Emo(somewhat)

but not my flavor : (

Comment

• KM80
                        • Mar 2008

Those would be gutter punks kirky, they're mostly into heroin, not so much Rick Owens and the gothic Fashunz.

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                          modern77, Vienna was actually found to have to highest quality of life in the world in 2011, according to some rating agency.
                          I'm pretty sure it was Melbourne

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

melbourne would be a lovely city if it wasn't populated with people from melbourne.

Comment

• eat me
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                              I'm pretty sure it was Melbourne
                              No :). top 10 was 9 German-ish countries (Austria, Switzerland & Germany) + Denmark.

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

My bad, I was thinking of world's most livable city:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎