• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
    I didn't! Where did you think I lived?

eat_me, best neighborhoods in brooklyn to live IMO are downtown (dumbo, brooklyn heights, columbia heights, cobble hill, boerum hill, carroll gardens) and then park slope and fort greene.
    I was under the impression you went to school somewhere in New England.

P.S. I would love to live in Caroll Gardens. My favorite neighborhood.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

Johnny,

Eat me, what is it you think the "government" is doing to fuck up london and cause its appeal to drop apace?
      Mainly three things:

liberalism - oh, poor murderers, let them all go free half-way through their sentences, never mind UK's abysmal reoffending record; oh poor teenage gangs stabbing each other every other day, they're just "bored", let's put up a couple of "deterring" posters

multiculturalism - good in theory, or when the the culture is of similiar nature, bad when the culture is completely different, whether it's religion or traditions or something else, then instead of multicultural try using the word that really describes it for what it is - segregation

mismanagement - of everything, from Olympics to transport, to City, to education

Having said that, I still like the city/country. It's just a real shame that having such a gem of a place in their hands they're turning it into a mud.

SHYE_POSER,
      granted a lot of them are very naughty
      Naughty can be different. If someone deals drugs/breaks into homes/etc. but is your distant friend, it doesn't make it okay. Of course, I hope it's not about you.

But ive never come across any issues.Not there or anywhere while i was growing up and even now.
      This is the thing. It's not about you, or me. It's about the bigger picture. Some people live forever in Knightsbridge, don't venture further than zone 1 and are arguing that everything is rosy. Well, wake up and smell the coffee, it isn't, if you'll look past your personal experiences. As I said, I just despise the lack of action from the people that are supposed to govern this place. Perhaps, if the bunch of them would live in Peckham they would work harder.

merz, you're a linguist, how cool. Rare to see someone doing something interesting like that.

Mona, how are you liking Switzerland? I heard it's a cupcake of a place. Have a friend from there, she's always so cheerful.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

^ No i was not refering to myself.
        And yes ofcourse it is about the bigger picture,and the bigger picture says people are oblivious and ignorant to certain dangers.
        Shit i would hate to be a teen in todays London.It is fucking frightening.
        But there always will be such seperation in the big cities,between rich and poor.
        The youth cant use the goverment as an excuse for their behaviour. We are bored/no facilities/dont want us to progress etc etc etc!
        Sort it out,the kids have so much more to do thesedays than when i was a teen.
        If i was bored i wouldnt go ot and stab somebody in the chest because they live in a different postal code.

On a different note,if i was going to move anywhere,i always felt it would be between Paris or New York.
        Couldnt live in Greece,although lifestyle,weather and women are beautiful.
        I just could'nt see myself being here permanently.
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• eat me
          • May 2009

The youth cant use the goverment as an excuse for their behaviour. We are bored/no facilities/dont want us to progress etc etc etc!
          Sort it out,the kids have so much more to do thesedays than when i was a teen.
          If i was bored i wouldnt go ot and stab somebody in the chest because they live in a different postal code.
          Exactly. There it is, you said everything that is wrong with it perfectly. I had the same exact thoughts for a couple of years now. WTF my childhood certainly wasn't the prettiest of all, and I turned out fine. Also, when will people wake up and stop giving benefits to baby-breeders - fucked up parents who breed future yobs/drunks/gang members for one reason - to live off the welfare forever and buy their cigs and lager on taxpayers money.

I have a simple proposition - stabbed someone? Chop off their arm. Stabbed someone and then was bragging about it on YouTube - execute. I know, liberals will piss themselves, but maybe the laws would start working and the crime will stop going up.

Hmm... this turns into political discussion :).

On a moving note - I am attracted to Japan/Scandinavia/Denmark, but somehow fear that apart from Japan, the market in the other countries/cities would be quite small. Plus, there are the language issues. I know 4 already and am too old to learn more, haha.

Comment

• dontbecruel
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eat me View Post
            I have a simple proposition - stabbed someone? Chop off their arm. Stabbed someone and then was bragging about it on YouTube - execute. I know, liberals will piss themselves, but maybe the laws would start working and the crime will stop going up.
            Mmmm

I live in Peckham. I grew up in Stockwell (which was then as Peckham is now). I suffered all the violent indignities you might expect to be meted out on a middle class white boy in a poor black area. If even I think you are a a silly fool then there must be something wrong with your ideas, no? Please go away!

Comment

• deleuze
              • Jul 2007

I'm confused, is this stylezeitgeist or stormfront?

Comment

• North
                • Sep 2008

I live close by Amsterdam, I spend most of my time there.
                Overall I love the city, I have come to like it more and more these days.

Fashion / Shopping
                Its getting better here, 4 years ago it was pretty bland, crowded by highstreet stores and bad taste. Now we have a few really good stores popping up, and also older good stores getting better. Smaller areas with smaller shops are really good these days. We can finally get brands like, damir doma, raf simons, jil sander, nina ricci etc.
                Also some great new stores selling awesome dutch labels have sprouted.
                The overall taste in fashion and dress seems to be getting better aswell. Although I really dislike the fashion 'scene' in Amsterdam.

Culture
                Amsterdam has a fun and laid back culture, which is also evolving. We have a good new library which i think is a good addition to the city, in terms of a public space. One of the biggest museum is being rebuilt now. There are also great expositions going on all over town, but its all very scattered and hidden away.

Food
                This is a big lacking part of Amsterdam imo, its not that great. but not bad either. However Lunch is pretty good. Its really important to NOT eat in the tourist center ;)

The people
                People in Amsterdam are mostly laid back, very much in your face and honest. The tolerance that the dutch are known for is a bit hard to find these days. Amsterdam used to be way more accepting and 'fucked up'. Its getting very manicured these days, which i find sad. But its a reflection on how the people are these days.

Connection
                Amsterdam is well connected with other European cities. within 2.5 hours you can be in Antwerp.
                As you guys know, Holland is small, so you can easily visit other great cities in holland from amsterdam by train. The hague and Rotterdam have some great stuff to do aswell.
                I highly recommend amsterdam for a short city trip, its small and wont tire you that much.

I love this city.

I would love to live in Stockholm for a year or two, and maybe Zurich.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I Amsterdam
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eat me
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by merz
                    no such thing. which 4 do you already know?
                    merz, конечно, говоря о владении 4 языками я не имею ввиду на уровне лингвиста. Но двумя из них я владею достаточно свободно чтобы общаться и читать/писать без проблем (один из них русский, как я думаю ты уже понял); уровень остальных 2 со временем падает, ввиду отсутсвия постоянной практики .

If even I think you are a a silly fool then there must be something wrong with your ideas, no?
                    dontbecruel, erm, no.

Mona,
                    I definitely wouldn't live here, though.
                    why not? Too small, or?

North, hey thanks for the post, and with pictures! Amsterdam promises to be interesitng. One of my friends went there for a couple of days - came back well impressed.

awesome dutch labels
                    Like what? I can only name V&R off the top of my head. Would be cool to explore some others.

Although I really dislike the fashion 'scene' in Amsterdam.
                    Why is that?

Comment

• North
                      • Sep 2008

Eatme,
                      I love the label 'francisco van benthum' http://www.franciscovanbenthum.com/intro.html
                      it looks a bit shiny, but he has some excellent stuff, great use of material aswell. there are some other smaller things around aswell, i can expand on that later if you want.
                      funny V&R doesnt really have a lot of stockists in Amsterdam, I find their mens line horrible, its almost a joke. The construction and quality of their menswear line isnt all that special either.

the fashion scene is just not my cup of tea here. its not all bad though, some great individuals doing interesting projects. Theres a group of scenekids here though who I dont share a common ground with.

Comment

• eat me
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by North View Post
                        Eatme,
                        I love the label 'francisco van benthum' http://www.franciscovanbenthum.com/intro.html
                        it looks a bit shiny
                        Holy crap, that is shiny... Although, i can see the appeal - that kind of thing is hard to pull off, and some of the pieces are rather nice.

Comment

• North
                          • Sep 2008

its not all shiny though! his previous collection was pretty good. you need to come to amsterdam and check it out

mona, have you been to Zurich?
                          tbh Im not really a fan of Basel, I was rather bored after a while.

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

eat me I'm not sure what your ranting is turning this thread into, but it's not political discussion, that's for sure.

Comment

• eat me
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              eat me I'm not sure what your ranting is turning this thread into, but it's not political discussion, that's for sure.
                              I know, I'm trying to zip it up. Stressful days .

Comment

politics?! AAAH *jumps outof window*

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎