X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikevigar
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by eat me View Post
    Mountains in the UK? Didn't know there are any. Hills, maybe.
    I suppose technically the mountains are more in North Wales (and there are others in England and Scotland), still - the Brecon beacons are something to behold and not far at all from Cardiff!

Comment

• ink
      • Sep 2010

I LIVED IN CARDIFF LANDMARK PLACE FOR 2 YEARS, I MISS IT SO MUCH. I MISS THE HUGE TOPSHOP THERE

Comment

• Mikevigar
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ink View Post
        I LIVED IN CARDIFF LANDMARK PLACE FOR 2 YEARS, I MISS IT SO MUCH. I MISS THE HUGE TOPSHOP THERE
        No way!!!! what number? I've lived in 251, and am now living in 279.

I will never miss the huge topshop, I get dragged in there frequently

Comment

• Mikevigar
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ink
          HAHA, MAN, I LIVED IN 215 AND IT'S ON THE 6TH FLOOR, MY LIVING ROOM VIEW IS FACING TO THE TRAIN STATION. I MISS IT SOOO BAD, I REMEMBER THE GUY IN THE RECEIPTON IS A BIG BIG GUY, IS HE STILL WORKING THERE? OH MAN I MISS WALES SO BAD, I LIVED IN WALES FOR 5-6 YEARS.
          Yeh I face the same way, on the 13th floor. The big guy Darren is still here yeh, and the old guy is still working on reception too.

What a small world!!! I won't derail this thread any further, I'll pm you instead.

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

San Francisco

San Francisco.

I often feel like I live at Burning Man Festival 24/7. Mainly full of successful 20-40 somethings who party hard, San Francisco is a nice slice of anarchy that helps bring some life to the US, alongside NYC and Chicago. :)

Street art heaven, raver and club kid central, minimal t3cho, intimacy, decent performance arts, political activists, hippies, the craziest and most abundant yet non-threatening homeless people I've ever met, insomnia central, biotech, rainbow flags, leather flags, good universities, yummy yet affordable food, nude beaches in a cold climate, and a place where dogs replace children all begin to characterize this city.

The fashion community is pretty bi-polar. There are literally some of the most prophetic and creative personal designers that make elaborate costumes and social wear for their own use, because no one really shops retail in SF and "weird" is much better than conformist in this city, making everyone a conformist through being weird. Yet, The Archive, a Barney's where no one buys the "right" stuff, so items mark down to 20%, consignment like Sui Generis, and a cult of high fashion collectors make even the fashion here worthwhile.

I'd vote this the best city for someone to move in and light a fire under the fashion community and industry here. You could make a huge impact without must effort and do something fresh without any judgement at all. :)

Just watch out for all the dog sh**. The only good thing about little kids on the streets is they wear diapers!

Comment

• sinbad
              • Dec 2009

I live in Bangkok. However now suffer from being flooded.
              Everyone in the capital. Whether rich or poor. Are affected the same.
              The main reason seems to be coming from a bad government.
              ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• Crowzer
                • Feb 2011

I live in Bordeaux (France) "capital of Wine."
                Pretty rare of peoples wearing SZ style. Honestly, I never see a peple with this style. Peoples are rude too.

Anyways, I have plan to moving London as soon as possible. I don't like Bordeaux.

Comment

• Creep
                  • Oct 2011

the garden city singapore. but i'll be relocating to the NYC soon for college. its too fucking hot here for SZ styles
                  hip hop died with biggie and pac.

Comment

• tenorish
                    • Oct 2011

I live in two cities: Freiburg (Germany) and Zürich, the latter has boutiques that stock some of the SZ labels and it isn't uncommon to find people there dressed in some very desirable knitwear

But of course, one can end up paying 10-20% more for the same piece than someplace across the border, if said piece could at all be found across the border

But that's Zürich for you, beautiful but expensive...

Comment

• VonStraap
                      • Nov 2010

I'm living in Helsinki. For now at least. Will be relocating to London or Berlin in a year or two. Just trying to make my mind first, about which it's going to be.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Two very different cities, especially in terms of living expenses...
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• VonStraap
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Two very different cities, especially in terms of living expenses...
                          Yes, very. And even sans the living expenses, both cities have tons of pros and cons. Basically the thing is to choose between London which is the unfamiliar one to me or Berlin which has felt more like home from the beginning.

Comment

• asdf123
                            • Jan 2010

Live and born in Cracow, Poland. I also lived in NYC for quite some time but I hated there, living there seemed unnatural.

Comment

• ian+
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                              Athens, GR - A city that used to be too beautiful to stay that way. From an architectural perspective, something like 95% of Athens' citizens live in horrible 70's apartment buildings and ugly late-90's condos. As far as art and culture are concerned, there are some cultural activities going on but things are generally quite pretentious, while most new creative concepts and ideas come from abroad. Anything that's actually worth one's attention gets lost in the chaos.

Greeks are, for the most part, insecure posers who will spend most of their life trying to prove to their peers that they're wealthy and prosperous; this has been going on for a while. My classmates in high school used to spend hundreds of euros every week going to expensive clubs while most live in 80 sqm appartments and their parents own a Mercedes and a Porsche. Now most of them are living in Boston and London, only to interbreed and perpetuate this ugly lifestyle (hence why I chose to go study in the middle of nowhere; no Greeks around).

Fashion does not exist. Greek designers are not even worth a lol. There's no more than 5 stores that sell designer clothes, and all of them sell overpriced and sometimes old merchandise. Overpriced is the key word here, and applies to almost everything that's imported. Xenomania is basically a major issue, most people are dumb and narcissistic Burberry/DSQUARED-wearing victims, but with a snobbish mentality towards anything new, a product of domestic propaganda and the false assumption that what some people devised 2000+ years ago has something to do with us and our intelligence. Greeks still think they're superior to other people (and races...brrr).

Generally, the city has a few seriously beautiful spots, but ugliness prevails in almost every corner. This, combined with a general lack of inspiration and originality, TOTAL corruption on all levels and ugliness just makes me want to throw up. And the worst thing is that I know I'm a product of all this, and in many ways I've accepted most of those things. I still haven't managed to escape, probably never will, but for what it's worth I'm trying.
                              In general terms i agree with you but you are a bit harsh. It really depends where you grew up in Athens, not all classmates are like this and not all people are dump.

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post

michael_kard: You have convinced me to put Greece on the bottom of my list of countries to visit.
                              He is talking about Athens actually, not Greece in general.
                              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

I know. I've since come to realize that Athens has much more to offer, and that it really is up to me to steer clear from the bad stuff and engage with nicer things instead.

I should add that one of the best theatres is in Athens, Attis. The director/head of the group/owner, Theodoros Terzopoulos, was a student of Heiner Muller. Nuff said.
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎