X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianK
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
    I think they are both fantastic and highly recommend getting something done by either of them. FYI Zac is about to move from Saved to Kings Avenue.
    thank you I'm definitely choosing sultana for a skull piece

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

Just got my first tattoo from Yann Black (long post coming up, skip to the end to see the tat). We met on Sunday to discuss the concept and create a drawing. I wanted a representation of a recurring dream I had as a child whenever I was sick where I was split into good and evil and evil tried to kill good with boxes in a dark warehouse. He really liked the idea because he usually does static scenes in his work; he welcomed the chance to portray an active scene. We did a 3 hour drawing on Sunday that we both liked.

Then yesterday we did the whole tattoo itself. It took 5.5 hours and hurt like a bitch. I thought I had decent pain tolerance, but the lower back shading really took it out of me. (How the hell are tramp stamps so popular?)

During the drawing he just did the outline and I said he could make any adjustments he wanted during the tattooing, so I had no idea I was in for intense shading. But we were both really pleased with it when he was done.I know this isn't everyone's style, but I bloody love this thing.

Currently it looks bad because of course some of the ink leaked out and I can't reach behind to wipe it off, and I'm supposed to avoid directing the shower head onto it until it heals. But by next week it should be good.

Also, Yann is a really cool guy. I didn't know what to expect from our emails because he came off as brusque, but I think that's just a feature of English being his second language. On Sunday we talked about music, hiking, bike riding, and other things we had in common.
      Last edited by Sombre; 09-23-2014, 10:58 PM.
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Lucky Strike
        • Apr 2009

Started my sleeve today. 5 hours, my first tattoo. Didnt hurt at all actually...maybe it'll get worse around the elbow :)

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Sombre, thanks for sharing the story, thats a very cool idea and execution
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BrianK
            • Jan 2013

Out of curiousity How much did that cost you Lucky_strike?

Comment

• Lucky Strike
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
              Out of curiousity How much did that cost you Lucky_strike?
              770 eur. He outlined the backside as well so shouldnt take to long to dot it next time :)

Comment

• dream
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Lucky Strike View Post
                Started my sleeve today. 5 hours, my first tattoo. Didnt hurt at all actually...maybe it'll get worse around the elbow :)

hope you aren't trespassing:)

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                  Sombre, thanks for sharing the story, thats a very cool idea and execution
                  indeed. it’s always lovely to read the stories behind the ink. plus, in this case, i feel good to hear a bit more about yann black. i remember stumbling upon his work several years ago. we were so fond of his lines back in the day.

you found the right guy to visualize your dream, sombre!

Comment

• brettwagg
                    • Jan 2013

Looks good Sombre! My partner is going in to get some more work by Yann done next week and I'm hoping to talk to him about scheduling an appointment for sometime in the near future

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

Thanks everyone, great experience all round.

brettwagg, right now in person is the best way. He usually schedules his appointments for the next year starting in September. He takes a while to go through the deluge of emails he gets from September 1, so talking to him in person might be a good way to skip the queue.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                        • Feb 2014

My partner brettwagg and I got our hands tattooed by the aforementioned Yann Black this past weekend. Yann has been tattooing me for 5 years now. He's a great guy.

Comment

• 550BC
                          • Jan 2013

fuck.. thats awesome!!
                          Last edited by 550BC; 10-21-2014, 11:44 AM.
                          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

I agree. Love that. Makes me want to hold your hand.
                            sain't

Comment

• brettwagg
                              • Jan 2013

Thanks for the comments, we are both super happy with the way it turned out. Finger and hand is healing super easy too compared to most other parts of the body I've gotten done. I'm going back to get a sleeve done by Yann in December, really looking forward to getting more work done by him.

Comment

• sajsami
                                • Aug 2010

Nice hand piece there

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡