• cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

strained a pulley; right middle finger :{{{{{{{

Comment

• kuriz
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
      How do you find clothes that fit?
      reading it again also make me think: wow I'm rather tiny. But what I meant was 183 cms high of course. If I was that small you'd probably heard of me as the tiniest person to have ever lived!

Comment

• zamacdonell
        • Sep 2010

Calf Exercises

Anybody have any good tips for working your calves other than the standard calf raises, presses, bike riding etc. Thanks in advance

Comment

• marsa
          • Feb 2011

I ride about 400kilometers a month on my roadbike and looking at doing about 4000kilometers this year.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Eternal
            Running in the woods with frost on the ground, the sun just coming through on a saturday morning you could say life is perfect ( when running in Nike x Undercover gear).

I've managed to reach my goals this year. My body fat is below 10 now and my muscle mass is now at 16 percent which is way better than where I was a year ago. More importantly, I feel healthy at this point.

I hope to be able to run my first Marathon next year, at the age of 22. Not going to make any too huge goals, but would hope to finish at anything under 4 hours.
            sounds impressive; you sound like someone who's "re-reached" some goals or am i just talking by inference?

if not, i'll have you know its far easier to maintain ~10% BF than to drop so you'll be there for a while now

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

Having a low body fat is a good reason to justify spending $$$ on warm clothing
              With all due respect to your ambition but don't aim for too much. As you have stated yourself, feeling healthy is the most important thing of all the goals you have mentioned. To maintain that state should be more important than reaching for a marathon too fast and risking a serious injury (not sure how frequently you've been running through the past years). Just sayin'. Bodyfat X, muscle Y, marathon Z sounds a bit overambitious to me.

As for me I will focus a bit more on building some strength over the colder months. When my butt is too fat after that period, I will start running more and aim for the 10km in 35-38min or so... But that's far away from now. Gotta enjoy the moment
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

22km in 1:30 is quite a word though. Is this official or just approximate?

Regarding the 10km goal, I just prefer to vary my goals over the years. This year, I beat my personal best on the half marathon distance (1:22:59) so next year, I wanna do my best on the 10km. Decided to do so because I felt running a marathon is just too much for my fragile body - and tbh, I gotta work my ass off to beat my personal best (3:04 hrs).

Training and running a marathons sure is an experience. But since you're keen on your body fat, I still would suggest rather to listen to your body then to tell him what kind of nutrition he needs (i.e. to maintain the body fat). Running a marathons is kind of an extreme sports.
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Creep
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by zamacdonell View Post
                  Anybody have any good tips for working your calves other than the standard calf raises, presses, bike riding etc. Thanks in advance
                  DEADLIFTSSSSSS. thats the ultimate muscle/strength gaining exercise. if you hate weights or the idea of weighing yourself down maybe you could go to a ballpark and do rim reaches repeatedly. kills your legs .
                  hip hop died with biggie and pac.

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Has anyone else tried these Merrell barefoot trainers?

I wore mine for the first time today to the gym and the back scrapped the hell out the back of my ankles. Also, I did some shuttle sprints on an indoor basketball court as a finisher and the balls of my feet hurt quite a bit and are a little sore now.

Does anyone know if the back ankle part will get better over time or is it just the fact that the shape of the shoes will not suit my feet? I assume running in them might just need getting use to, but does anyone have experience with them?

Comment

• widmerpool
                      • Nov 2010

The heel probably means it doesn't really fit. The ball of your feet hurting probably just means you're not used to minimal footwear. You'll get used to it after a while.
                      http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

Yeah this is my first pair of minimal footwear, I know they are good for lifting, doing deadlifts and squats, etc. But not sure if they are good for running aswell.

Not sure what to do about the heel, they fit nice and snug but not tight, which is how they are suppose to fit since they are kinda like gloves for the foot.

Comment

• Oasis
                          • Apr 2011

Surprised I hadn't seen this topic!

I train pretty religiously. Have competed in a natural bodybuilding show before as a Junior and won. Uni is my main focus at the moment so competing at least has taken a back seat for now. I still train and diet pretty strictly too..
                          Originally posted by christianef
                          u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• widmerpool
                            • Nov 2010

The foot tiredness stage in Vibram FiveFingers passed for me in a couple of weeks, but I don't run on the pavement or hardwood floors. I suppose it is quite possible minimalist shoes won't be optimal if you're only running on hard surfaces.
                            http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• BBSCCP
                              • Feb 2010

^ i don´t have any problems running with my vibrams on asphalt though running on softer surfaces is always better for your joints.

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                                Yeah this is my first pair of minimal footwear, I know they are good for lifting, doing deadlifts and squats, etc. But not sure if they are good for running aswell.
                                Lifting shoes are much better for squats, cleans, snatches, and so forth. Deadlifts I don't notice a real difference. Minimal shoes are good for all that, but lifting shoes make a big difference.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎