Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atom
    • Sep 2009

How about vitamin supplements and stuff? What do you use (if any)?

I recently read about a research of vitamin D's good effects for ones health. Basically, big amounts of vitamin D should be efficient for preventing flu and keeping your immune system working. But when living in Scandinavia, it's impossible to get enough vitamin D from the sun. But I'm not sure if it's good idea to take big amounts of pills of that kind. Any experiences with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atom View Post

I recently read about a research of vitamin D's good effects for ones health. Basically, big amounts of vitamin D should be efficient for preventing flu and keeping your immune system working. But when living in Scandinavia, it's impossible to get enough vitamin D from the sun. But I'm not sure if it's good idea to take big amounts of pills of that kind. Any experiences with that?
      My brother is a real health freak and takes high dosages of Vitamin D everyday. He is healthy as a horse. So, I would try that "treatment" as well!

Comment

• CUTUP
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Atom View Post

You can only absorb so much, the rest is urinated out. So I wouldnt go crazy with the pill popping as your just going to be wasting your money.

For general health, a good multi-vitamin is tops, followed by extra anti-oxidants ( A-C-E complex is sufficient) and omega 3-6-9 oil. None of the aforementioned supplements are expensive, and all have been well proven to work. Generally speaking, you get enough vitamin D from a good multi

You can always go farther, I take Greens and a powdered berry complex that I mix with protein and omega 3-6-9 oil in the morning and at night, and I find I always feel more balanced after taking a shake ( if that makes any (sense)
        Originally posted by marco-von
        this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Tyler
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by nylondon
          eat lot's of fish, low fat meat and veg and fruit. red wine.

8 hours of sleep a night, ton's of water and flax seed and avacado oil every day.

exercise, no sun and never ever smoke. make love every day.
          quoted for truth. flax is important.

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

I wonder how you guys work out to stay slim I mean, I've been exercising since 3 months now, repetitions between 14-20 (strength-endurance was my aim) but I gained weight + muscles. Not that it is a bad thing but I fear not fitting my clothes anymore (DBSS jeans still for sale btw ). Will lower my frequency to two times a week gym and start running more :-\
            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Raw
              • Oct 2009

14-20 reps in straight sets will make you put on size. If you want to just get defined lean muscle and not put on mass, try Turbulence Training by Craig Ballantyne. I used his 2K10 workout to slim down a little a couple months ago, even though some of the exercises seem easy, they aren't...

Edit: Doing some HIIT will also help you stay slim

Comment

• Nemesis_4
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                14-20 reps in straight sets will make you put on size. If you want to just get defined lean muscle and not put on mass, try Turbulence Training by Craig Ballantyne. I used his 2K10 workout to slim down a little a couple months ago, even though some of the exercises seem easy, they aren't...

Edit: Doing some HIIT will also help you stay slim
                I do my own version of this, considering I have a limited amount of time to devote to work on my body during the day, I want to get the most out of the time I have to workout- I do whatever group of workouts I have assigned for that day as many rounds as I can go for 30 min straight- this includes lots of jump roping and abs work- and you can do whatever exercises work the best for you- but the exercises that work best for me are ones that really get my heart rate up- like jump roping, burpees, mountain climbers- rotate this in with your pullups, situps, push ups- what have you... and the key is to keep that heart rate up and keep ripping out your reps as many times as you can

I do this kind of a session every other day (3 days a week) and the other days I run 6 miles (3 days a week) and 1 day of rest.... and I'm pretty lean, I've packed on a good amount of muscle as of late because of my current diet choices and my choice to finally consume an after workout protein shake.. but I have a body similar to a boxer/lean wrestler with this workout

Comment

• huskiesonice
                  • Mar 2008

I run - with Huskies. I don't know if it is popular in the US but in Europe Canicross is a fast growing sport. You basically strap your dog to a harness, then run 5k flat out through a forest - with a bunch of other people doing the same thing.

Huskies are amazing, my one weighs 25 kilos and he literally dragged me (75 kilos) up a ski slope to the finish line at the recent European Canicross Championships - held in Belgium.

Great way to get fit - and it keeps the dog happy too!

Comment

• nictan
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                    When i first started with the Nike Frees, i was alternating them with my old Asics GT2140, and gradually phased out the latter. In the beginning, i did feel some slight pain in my knees and ankles, but i just took them as necessary and unavoidable adjustments to 'barefooting', and persisted with my routine. Now I only run in my Nike Free 5.0, and i'm not experiencing any pain or discomfort whatsover. Planning to try out the 3.0 in the near future.
                    I run about 3-4 times a week, 18-21km each run.

thats insane.

i can barely last 3km.

Comment

• banishment
                      • Nov 2010

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                        • Mar 2009

Man, maybe you're overdoing it a little, don't you think ?
                        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• banishment
                          • Nov 2010

faust and I are enjoying a good sparring match. out of my way.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

that does seem to be a lot of strain on the body (joints, etc.)

my friend that is a marathoner only runs 3 times a week. twice at about 5-6 miles and then one long one of about 15. you're doing about 12 miles 3-4 times a week. seems excessive when i see how crazy lean my friend is.

but i think when an actual marathon is approaching he ramps it up a little, so maybe you're not overdoing it that much...

when i do a long run like that my legs kill me for 3 days after...
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• banishment
                              • Nov 2010

and illustrating my point that his 'moderation' is ineffectual.

Comment

• Macro
                                • Apr 2008

Yoga 5 days a week at home, plus I have an elliptical machine, small weights, and a balance ball at home. Lots of stretching, balance ball exercises, resistance training, deep breathing. And lots of walking.
                                I've been on a Macrobiotic diet for the past 5 years, which translates to an organic whole foods diet: whole grains, beans, veggies (cooked only), seaweeds, fish, fruit, soy foods.
                                I use sea salt, miso, and shoyu to season my food, all produced according to farmhouse traditions of japan. I drink lots and lots of tea. I prepare meals seasonally (no salad in winter, no baked pumpkin in summer) and try to keep myself slightly underfed.
                                No tobacco, occasional drink, weed once a week, trip every so often. Smile and stay positive, meditate.
                                every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎