Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • banishment
    • Nov 2010

it is losing it's fun though. i don't think he has many alternate moves. I'm gonaa go do the dishes. Byebye guys. Faust hurry up and ban me.

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by banishment View Post
      faust and I are enjoying a good sparring match. out of my way.
      what? dude if this is TTT you're acting like an idiot.

Last edited by cjbreed; 11-01-2010, 01:47 PM.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• banishment
        • Nov 2010

[QUOTE=cjbreed;269389]what? dude if this is TTT you're acting like an idiot.

[IMG]

you know you're right. good health to you all. Stay warm and well fed

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Eternal
          Looking to gain some muscle/ lower my body fat at the same time
          although I know it is hard.
          Not hard. Near to impossible. To gain muscle = kcal +, to lower body-fat = kcal - (and a anabolic diet to keep the muscles you gained).
          What you can basically do is try to gain muscles and keeping your body-fat.
          But for me, I feel getting near to an Adonis is near to impossible if you enjoy eating. But I don't care, I enjoy working out, I enjoy food. Doesn't bring me a sixpack but a life.

Originally posted by cjbreed
          my friend that is a marathoner only runs 3 times a week. twice at about 5-6 miles and then one long one of about 15. you're doing about 12 miles 3-4 times a week. seems excessive when i see how crazy lean my friend is.
          With 3x running a week you won't be able to finish a marathon with a good time. 5 times a week are good2go IMO, 4 might do it if you're just keen on finishing. When I was training for mine I ran 6 times a week with a total of >65 miles. Today I ran 11 miles and it's been quite exhausting. Poor old fat man :'(
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

i'm no expert on the marathon so i'll leave that to you guys.

one look at the following pic and you'll think it is total bullshit, but i've stumbled across this website for a guy named john stone. he has basically kept a detailed record of his diet and exercise, complete with photos and daily calorie intake spreadsheets for years. once you linger on the site a bit you'll see it is not bullshit at all.

now this is from 2003 but he is still posting updates daily. he is not a trainer or anything like that so i think maybe he made some mistakes and bad choices in the beginning (too much calorie restriction in the early days?), but over time he has worked with trainers and become quite knowledgeable in the field. these days he is quite large (bodybuilder style) which does not appeal to me in the least, but still there is good specific info about diet and training on this site.

one thing i think i have learned is that when people are not getting the results they want, the missing element 90% of the time is nutrition. for example, if you want to get lean and tight and you're metabolism is not what it was when you are nineteen, then diet is VERY key. even if the training is spot on. my problem is i cheat myself with little hidden calories like rich dressings on the salad, or fatty cheese and mayo on the sandwich or mayo in the tuna and so on. this dude john stone never cheated during his initial fat loss phase and the results show. 9 months and he went from 30 to 8% body fat.

anyway here is a link if anyone is interested...
            john stone fitness

dude check this out. cutting and bulking phases, etc.

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

^ Well I am skeptical to say the least.
              And even if? What does this tell you? Keep a strict diet and you'll look like him? No thanks.

Cheating is fine with me. One can still stay lean and look good. Why the hell should I restrict myself like that? Do some sports. Eat healthy most of the time. Cheat sometimes. And don't believe everything people tell you, there is no nutrition recipe for everyone. Find your own way.

Sorry for the pathetic post, I've just seen a talk show about functional food and I am a bit pissed tbh. Nutrition could be so easy but industry, media including tv and the web suggest so much that nutrition has become more of a psychological crisis than a physiological need.
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                ...Keep a strict diet and you'll look like him? No thanks.
                he doesn't necessarily look great in any of those pics. but my intention was to get people to go to the site and witness different types of body transformation and the process it involves. if u have a specific goal, like eternal, you can find and copy a specific path that he probably already took at some point to make that change. cutting, bulking, fat loss etc. its in there.

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                Cheating is fine with me. One can still stay lean and look good. Why the hell should I restrict myself like that? Do some sports. Eat healthy most of the time. Cheat sometimes.
                this is not necessarily true for everyone. and it depends on your goals. if you have a goal to get down to 8% body fat (and many people do) then for many many many people it is going to require a strict diet.

of course everyone gets a cheat day or you'd go crazy...

and eternal, one thing i know is that to go from 145 to 160 you are going to need to eat a good bit more than you do now. psychologically that may feel wrong but there is no way around it. you need to gain the size then trim the fat. that's the only way. that i know of...

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

Has anyone tried almost completely cutting carbs from their diet? I've never tried any "real diets" because I just like food too much, but this is actually quite easy, there are tons of delicious things to eat and I can pretty much eat as much as I want without gaining weight. The only real difficulty was to stop eating cereal and bread as those two are pretty much all I used to eat for breakfast.

I've been doing it for about two months now (with the occasional exception like late night drunk pizza). I eat around 2000 calories a day, walk everywhere, jog maybe once or twice a week (~5k), drink way too much and smoke about half a pack a day. With carbs that held my weight constant, since switching I've been lost weight without any real effort. I'm not getting any carb cravings either.
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• CUTUP
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                    Has anyone tried almost completely cutting carbs from their diet? I've never tried any "real diets" because I just like food too much, but this is actually quite easy, there are tons of delicious things to eat and I can pretty much eat as much as I want without gaining weight. The only real difficulty was to stop eating cereal and bread as those two are pretty much all I used to eat for breakfast.

I've been doing it for about two months now (with the occasional exception like late night drunk pizza). I eat around 2000 calories a day, walk everywhere, and jog maybe once or twice a week, drink way too much and smoke about half a pack a day. With carbs that held my weight constant, since switching I've been lost weight without any real effort.
                    Burning fat instead of carbs is actually a far more efficient way of fueling your body. However the adjustment period is very tough to pass, ( headaches, listlessness, no energy) and anything more then a mere speck of carbs and you drop out of ketosis, which stops the majority of the fat loss

You are running a big caloric deficit, only 2000 calories, plus running and walking means your intaking the amount suggested for the average women, its no wonder your loosing weight.

The drinking though is a major source of carbs. Mixed drinks and beer are loaded with them, unless your drinking straight shots, which have literally no carbs. You are also dehydrating the hell out of yourself with all the boozing, which is probably also adding to your weight loss
                    Originally posted by marco-von
                    this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                      Sounds good Macro.

Need help with this, and other training forums won't help as the focus is elsewhere ( have tried). Someone might be able to help me out.

I am 5'11'' 145 pounds.I usually work out 4 times a week but during exams and periods with a lot of other stuff to do it doesn't usually get the first priority. I also skateboard, so sometimes I choose skateboarding/snowboarding over going to the gym.

Looking to gain some muscle/ lower my body fat at the same time although I know it is hard. Want to get more ripped, but stay about the same weight, willing to gain 10 pounds in total. Any tips on what I should focus on? I am not impatient and know I should probably just focus more on the gym and not skating as much if this is my goal.
                      If you have the time (1-1.5 hr 6 days a week) then p90x is the way to go for what you're looking for. It's hard work to say the least but it's paid off really well for me. I'm in the final phase and have gained a lot of definition. I haven't upped my weights and have kept the reps high (12-15) because I want to get lean but they give you the options to increase the weight and lower the reps during many of the routines. It's an asskicker and you certainly don't have to pay for the videos if you're bittorrent savvy :)
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                        • Jan 2007

^ as I said, the exact same lifestyle with carbs meant that my weight stayed constant. I tend to drink wine and spirits, so not really any carbs there. I'm sure some of the initial weight loss is water weight, but I think I'm going to stick with it for a while and see what happens. After all there haven't been any downsides, and I haven't felt more fatigued than usual either (I try to get 8 hours of sleep each night, and certainly no less than 7 except for once or twice a year when a deadline is suddenly much closer than it should be).

The greatest thing about this "diet" is that I can eat a steak cooked in butter and some steamed vegetables several times a week without feeling bad about it.

btw everybody should buy a vegetable steamer. Sure it can be done in other ways, but this thing makes it so easy and everything comes out perfect every time.
                        Originally posted by jogu
                        i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

^ as I said, the exact same lifestyle with carbs meant that my weight stayed constant. I tend to drink wine and spirits, so not really any carbs there. I'm sure some of the initial weight loss is water weight, but I think I'm going to stick with it for a while and see what happens. After all there haven't been any downsides, and I haven't felt more fatigued than usual either (I try to get 8 hours of sleep each night, and certainly no less than 7 except for once or twice a year when a deadline is suddenly much closer than it should be).

The greatest thing about this "diet" is that I can eat a steak cooked in butter and some steamed vegetables several times a week without feeling bad about it.

btw everybody should buy a vegetable steamer. Sure it can be done in other ways, but this thing makes it so easy and everything comes out perfect every time.
                          I haven't been following the diet plan associated with the regimen... just been easing back a little bit on the carbs. I don't eat anywhere near as much rice or breads but enough that I don't get a bad craving....

although your dietery regimen sounds more appetizing though because I love me some Brazilian BBQ steakhouses!
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• MoFiya
                            • Sep 2007

actually looking to cop one - well, it's on my birthday wishlist to say the truth
                            is there something which can cook veggies, rice, fish and meat? all-in-one?

Originally posted by cjbreed
                            you can find and copy a specific path that he probably already took at some point to make that change. cutting, bulking, fat loss etc. its in there.
                            it's actually not that easy. everybody is different. genetics, personal learning experience (e.g. epigenetics) etc... if you copy him / his lifestyle it wont necessarily for you. thats why i say find your own way...

cutting carbs is imo the best diet. i am not too familiar with the exact amount you are allowed to eat a day to get into a ketose. but that's basically what you want, eternal, keeping your muscles while lowering your body fat. just google anabolic diet.
                            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MoFiya
                              • Sep 2007

Sounds good if you erase the supplement stuff
                              Nobody needs supplements if the diet is balanced and natural.

btw. Welcome to the great world of low fat curd cheese
                              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Nostromo
                                • Jan 2010

Okay, I also could need some help from all you experts. What can I do to get really nicely shaped legs?
                                I'm around 5'8'' 115-118 lbs and my thighs measure a bit under 19 inches. While I guess that this is rather slim they are still pretty ugly, because my muscles are somewhat bulky at the side (I hope you know what I mean). I'm soon going to run again, but I don't know if this helps at all.

So if someone can help a poor little narcissist...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎