• endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

/\ Decide for yourself

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

That site is hilarious
      I am not doing eat/stop/eat anyway... I am on the leangains 16/8 thing. And not looking to loose weight anyway, it just improves my digestion by ages.
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• trentk
        • Oct 2010

mtn biking 10 miles or so per day, high intensity / low frequency weight lifting (1 set until failure, only multi joint lifts, usually 30 minutes total workout time, every 3rd day or so), surfing, skimboarding. skiing on winter weekends. Sometimes I sprint up hills.

I've never explicitly worried about a diet, although I eat mostly meat/fish/vegetables/fruit/nuts. Hardly any grains.

Weightlifting is a recent addition to my repretoire, b/c I was way too skinny. Probably b/c of too much cardio. I haven't measured my bodyfat percentage recently, but a few years ago it was 4%.
        "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• nadir
          • May 2011

In response to the earlier chatter about marathons - just did my first full marathon 2 weeks ago (have done quite a few halves in the past) and managed 3:38 - super stoked.

A friend has just signed up for a 100km run that takes place in WA. Also on the list of things to do: the Alice Springs marathon around Uluru (Ayers Rock)

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

Good job for your first marathon
            I've given up running that long because I feel like as the more I run, the more likely I get injured (e.g. the risk increases disproportionately high the more miles I run). However, aiming to run around 1:25hrs on the half distance in the middle of September... Hope that works out.
            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

so I've been drinking less, quit all my bad habits except cigarettes, I eat and sleep more and as a result... I developped chronic fatigue, severe stomach pains, increase in the frequency of migraines etc. health phase over, thank you very much. I don't even have better skin. fuck my lifespan, I prefer to enjoy myself now

Comment

• Originally posted by galia View Post
                so I've been drinking less, quit all my bad habits except cigarettes, I eat and sleep more and as a result... I developped chronic fatigue, severe stomach pains, increase in the frequency of migraines etc. health phase over, thank you very much. I don't even have better skin. fuck my lifespan, I prefer to enjoy myself now

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

switching to low mg electronic cig til we move into new house and then no more nicotine. realize with 3 kids smoking is not a great plan, especially since i go to the gym 5 days a week

Comment

• darkbydesign
                    • Sep 2010

^^Good for you!^^

My parents smoked when I was a kid and I haven't touched a cigarette even once in my life because of the impact it had on their health!

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                      • Feb 2008

anyone into scrambling/climbing/mountaineering?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

rock climbing here... although i've only been for almost two years... not quite.

i kind of gave up on looking good. although ive been meaning to purchase some polartec fabric to make some softshell stuff..

Comment

• kuriz
                          • Nov 2010

Cool thread. I'm quite the skinny type and always has been. I'm 1.83 centimeters high and weight around 68-69 kilos; where atleast 4 or 5 of the kilos has been put on in muscle in around 1-1,5 years. I'm still rather skinny but it seems much better now after starting in a gym where working out to the point where the body simply fails.
                          I do gym around 3-4 times a week working mostly on core muscles since that big muscular type doesn't really turn me on. Except for that I do either a crossfit or kettlecross lesson once a week and I run 1-3 times a week a few kilometres. It isn't in any way a lifestyle to me to work out. Its much more a feeling of just having done something good to your body. I like working out in one way or another every second day but if I don't have the time for it theres nothing to do about it. Also I've never smoked in my entire life (smoked a bit a weed at some point, but that made my brain so slow and stupid that I quit shortly after and haven't really touched it since). But I do go out to drink every one or two weeks. A tip from me to you (^^) is that I've figured: if you go to the gym a few hours before going out to party or so, not only is the blood still pumping which means the tiny muscle that I do have is more swallowed up and at the same time you don't have to pay an enormous amount of money to get drunk as the veins are much more open to get the alcohol. So if you can control it its cheaper and much cooler - you don't have to get that feeling where the world spins to the right when you watch straight ahead :D

Comment

• t-bone
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
                            anyone into scrambling/climbing/mountaineering?
                            just bought this starter class deal for the climbing place near my house:

going to start adding in more climbing/cycling/swimming to my current running/lifting routine.

Comment

• t-bone
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
                              I'm 1.83 centimeters high
                              How do you find clothes that fit?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

i'm 168 cm, 60.5 kg...
                                probably around 10% bodyfat; love the paleo diet, although I'm off of it since my caloric intake is near 3000 a day or more when im climbing hard.

Currently just climbing and then doing opposition workouts on gymnastic rings (levers, flys, core).

Can do One arm chin with either arm B-)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎