• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Sorry, fellas - I think leather belongs on jackets and boots.
    you a straight-up crazy mutha

although I admit it isn't the nicest feeling when winter hits to sit on leather...in the right conditions, there isn't anything else like it. thus far, I've only ever purchased chairs upholstered in leather (mostly due to cost), but one day...
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Come to the Russian ghetto I live in. Stay for a couple of weeks. I'll take you around some furniture stores and to some apartments. You will develop a leather furniture allergy of cosmic proportions. Tacky is a euphemism when it comes to the kind of shit I have seen and that cannot be unseen. Might as well stick a Versace medusa on everything (which they do here anyway)...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

with pets and kids, i think leather is really the only way to go for better or worse

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

My father bought this chair when it first came out. He completely destroyed,and threw out the leather cushion. He saved the chair,with the canvas hammock, for a few years and then he begged me to take it before he threw it out. I declined (had no room and was dealing with a lot o shit @ the time)
          I now regret my decision. It's a beautiful chair and was really comfy.

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Come to the Russian ghetto I live in. Stay for a couple of weeks. I'll take you around some furniture stores and to some apartments. You will develop a leather furniture allergy of cosmic proportions. Tacky is a euphemism when it comes to the kind of shit I have seen and that cannot be unseen. Might as well stick a Versace medusa on everything (which they do here anyway)...
            Come to the bedbug-ridden crack ghetto I live in...you'll appreciate upholstery options that are less porous!
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Kjaerholm created some of my favorite pieces... the PK22 chair and the 55 table are true classics in minimalism and his concepts of creating functional works using at times single-piece constructions are really in line with how some of the clothing designers we discuss on SZ approach their creations.

For the time being, I just have an OG PK22 in wicker. I may have to rob Lowrey of his black leather pk22 duo hehehe
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Sorry, fellas - I think leather belongs on jackets and boots.
                or pants. or shirts. gloves. BAGS.

I can agree on sofas because I probably wouldn't consider a leather one myself, however chairs are another things!

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MaxM
                  • Sep 2009

Is everyone here just into ny loft type interiors? seems noone cares for anything else... and i kinda like more classic interiors

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Like this? No thanks. Haven't you heard? Ornament is crime.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

I like all kinds of furniture...as long as it's nice!

It's just harder to discuss antiques and whatnot because there's often only the one, or there is no specific designer/company to discuss.

Comment

• MaxM
                        • Sep 2009

u dont have to buy antique stuff, but u can take a personal take on it somehow. but i get that its more difficult to talk about

and faust not sure if ur serious with that pic...

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

I like antiques, but for the most part, want my own home to be more on the "simple" side, with mostly "modern" furniture, but a few oldies here and there.

Comment

• MaxM
                            • Sep 2009

hmmm id like a sort of mix, i see it but hard to explain. i get the loft type modern furniture craving but sometimes i get sick of it

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

I think these "modern" sparce homes are nice to look at but I feel more at home in clutter, decoration, weird objects, bad lighting, cabinet de curiosité, antique and otherwise weird furniture and cozy low ceilings and exposed beams.

however it's pointless to discuss it, because I don't have anything that can be bought by someone else.

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Pointless to discuss in regards of "who made what/where can I get that", but personal taste and knick knacks of all sorts is fun to see and hear stories about. I'm all in for making your home your home, and brand new designer stuff won't make that.

If not discussed here, then why not in the where am I living/or what's it called -thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎