X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Agreed. Like Galia said older furniture is of course more difficult to discuss as often its unknown.

I am definitely a fan of mixing old and new, I like both minimal interiors as well as more classic ones. spaces that are too modern/clean are off putting.

random photos:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kuugaia
      • Feb 2010

^ First picture looks amazing. That's what I would picture as awesome 'classic' interior design. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the light.

I wonder if you could really grow accustomed to living in a place like this. It looks nice enough, but may drive me insane over time haha.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
        ^ First picture looks amazing. That's what I would picture as awesome 'classic' interior design. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the light.

I wonder if you could really grow accustomed to living in a place like this. It looks nice enough, but may drive me insane over time haha.
        Too much work. I don't want to have to spend 10 minutes moving walls around to make popcorn.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post

Well, I know where to get the light, if you want to start remodeling.

Actually in a way it's a bit funny that MaxM asked about New York loft type living when it's this post-industrial stuff that lowrey has posted that is all the rage now in New York.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• formateriam
            • Feb 2011

endorphinz, do you know the origin of this chair design? I have something similar but was never able to find much info about it.

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post

Comment

• MaxM
              • Sep 2009

I know, and what he posted is not what i meant by classic

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Well, I know where to get the light, if you want to start remodeling.

Actually in a way it's a bit funny that MaxM asked about New York loft type living when it's this post-industrial stuff that lowrey has posted that is all the rage now in New York.

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• endorphinz
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by formateriam View Post
                endorphinz, do you know the origin of this chair design? I have something similar but was never able to find much info about it.
                Sigurd Ressel and Falcon Chair

PICS

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Just registered for ICFF in New York. Should be fun.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• surver
                    • Oct 2007

the just came across these, the falcon chair @ hotel lautner (www.hotellautner.com)

Comment

• Roturador
                      • Jan 2011

if you guys need some inspiration for your places...there is an awesome site called http://www.freundevonfreunden.com/interviews/ where they show the places and people living in there...connected with an interview...quite alot is about berlin people but lately they are branching out.

also the book-spinoff is definitly worth the money.
                      oh and they dont always show super expensive furniture..sometimes its just a flat in an old appartment block with ikea and scrabfurniture...but quite atmospheric nevertheless!

Comment

• bestial
                        • Jun 2008

I commited a sin and changed the cover on the PK22 I bought some months ago. I still have the original beated one left, pondering upon what to do with it (frame it, put it back on). It was a bit of a hassle to get the new one on, there's some pulling in the back joint, but I hope it'll even out.

Last edited by bestial; 03-17-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

The most perfect chair IMO. Lovely.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                            The most perfect chair IMO. Lovely.
                            Agreed...looks terrific. I'm jealous.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

I did get an extra cover for the PK22 if anyone knows somebody who need one.

I finally got around changing my plastic Vitra-edition of the Eames side chair for two fibre glass ones and it makes a whole lot of difference. The the plastic editions allow so much bend in the back, and the overall feel is much nicer with the fibre glass.

I did end up with stackable DSX chairs instead of eiffel-legs, which are more interesting construction wise, but at the same time it's a bit refreshing with the DSX legs.

Comment

• Magic1
                                • Jan 2011

Slightly off topic, sorry, but the LACMA has a pretty great show right now titled "California Design, 1930-1965: Living in a Modern Way." Has wonderful furniture and furnishings and from a range of designers. It's definitely worth checking out if you live in the LA area.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎