Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ochre
    • Sep 2009

Could anyone who owns the 606 Shelving System please comment on it. I'm about to make a purchase as it seems to fulfill my needs in many ways but I'd be curious to hear first-hand accounts by those who live with it.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
      I did get an extra cover for the PK22 if anyone knows somebody who need one.

I finally got around changing my plastic Vitra-edition of the Eames side chair for two fibre glass ones and it makes a whole lot of difference. The the plastic editions allow so much bend in the back, and the overall feel is much nicer with the fibre glass.

I did end up with stackable DSX chairs instead of eiffel-legs, which are more interesting construction wise, but at the same time it's a bit refreshing with the DSX legs.
      Wish the wicker pk22 versions could be refit with leather. Id be happy to cut the wicker off of mine to refit with a black leather cover.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

It's possible, you just have to get the internal seating with basically is constructed in the same way as the leather cover but in linen and two parts.

Comment

• Ochre
          • Sep 2009

Finally framed my Rick Owens women's FW 11/12 promo poster

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Sweet. I want your floors!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Where do I get metal frames for photos that don't look like they were made by Umbra?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Where do I get metal frames for photos that don't look like they were made by Umbra?
                Try camera stores (the larger ones (B&H maybe?)). I bought some beautiful frames at great prices at a local photo store.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Ochre
                  • Sep 2009

Faust, I can't recommend Soho Art Materials enough for pre-made frames. Excellent value and sturdy, simple wooden frames. Do you need metal?

PS. My floors are only marginally better than the standard NY parquet. These are just builders-grade hardwood which probably appear nicer in the photo.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks, Ochre - I am leaning towards metal, but could consider wood. In turn, came across this camera strap maker today.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

I've been shopping for a camera strap...Artist & Artisan have really beautiful braided silk straps, but they're a tad pricey...so I went with an el-cheapo Domke canvas thing for the time-being.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

anyone have experience on removing odor from wooden furniture? I bought this old credenza that reeks of smoke. I tried wiping it with vinegar and water (50/50) but not sure yet if it helped. will try and stick some baking soda inside as well.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          anyone have experience on removing odor from wooden furniture? I bought this old credenza that reeks of smoke. I tried wiping it with vinegar and water (50/50) but not sure yet if it helped. will try and stick some baking soda inside as well.
                          odors usually stick to wooden/porous furniture because of humidity...try leaving it in the sun if you can, otherwise your idea of baking soda is good, kitty litter can also be good. if you have a dehumidifier, put both the smallest room/closet you have.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

its a good 220lbs and on the 4th floor, and its zero degrees outside so unfortunately the sun is not an option

I have the soda in now, will see if it has had any effect in the morning. though based on what I googled quickly, it might take a couple of days
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              its a good 220lbs and on the 4th floor, and its zero degrees outside so unfortunately the sun is not an option

I have the soda in now, will see if it has had any effect in the morning. though based on what I googled quickly, it might take a couple of days
                              fair enough! try the kitty litter next...can do double duty as speaker-stand-filler, or oil-spill absorber in the garage. also, cats can poop in it. there's basically nothing it can't do.

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

A Little late but here are some scans from De Cotiis
                                The screened closet door is beautiful , There is another one I have where he has imprinted images on the walls ( prob wallpaper) that add amazing depth and texture to the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎