Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radio-aktivität
    • Jan 2011

I have not seen Vitsœ in use yet, but I must say that I usually dislike wall mounted solutions. Vitsœ may offer a compressed structure that stretches from floor to ceiling, but they say i doesn’t support the same weight than the wall mounted brothers. Often when moving, fixing the walls and filling the holes is a hassle.
    But that is personal. In terms of asthetics, I think Vitsœ*work well.

There are alternatives. Of course there is USM Haller, which is even more pricy (and fans say even more capable of… basically everything). Then there’s System 180 from Berlin, a relatively young company. We have a science studio at school equipped with it and it works really well, pleases the eye (lovely tables, no?) yet stays reasonably priced. But I cant give information about how it easy the construction process is, since I didn’t attend.
    FNP by Nils Holger Moormann might work for you, too. I think it’s by far the easiest to setup and very versatile in it’s dimensions. A downer is that there are neither a real workspace solution nor good drawer modules. There are some, but one can’t compare the to Haller, for example. FNP is less of a shelving system, more a customizable bookshelv.

BTW, the monopod Eames table was really the best purchase I made this year. I can finally sit comfortably without breaking my knees while pivoting uncontrolledly :)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Man, I love me some USM.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

thanks for the suggestions, but for the most shallow storage system that can handle hanging clothes, dresser drawers, shelving, and desk/dining table, vitsoe is really the way to go. i priced it out and it's definitely doable..

USM is really boxy for me. and the other brands I can't see in person..

i'm not too excited to see the exposed rails but they kinda dissapear once you load the shelves up. once i use the open real estate on my walls and get stuff off my floor, it will do wonders for my layout.

there's a vibia skan pendant i plan to put above the vitsoe table. i think it will look pretty decent..

or a marset pleat box, not sure yet. i've seen this in person and it's really gorgeous..

Comment

• radio-aktivität
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
          USM is really boxy for me. and the other brands I can't see in person..
          That is what I also dislike with USM. Where are you based? FNP is sold in most major EU furniture stores, though I’m not sure about the states. I really am a big fan, you should at least try to see the system in person.

Nice lamp!

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

i'm in the us, but it's too late. my setup is already being made in the uk. my hope is that the exposed wardrobe doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, and that when people see it, they don't say.."elfa?"

my space was impossible to furnish, and using the walls as an extension to floorspace was the logical choice. and being designed by rams didn't really persuade me, the product did all the selling..

btw, vitsoe provides excellent customer service. a very happy customer here.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

The only problem with the exposed anything is maintenance (dust, mainly). Let us know how it comes out!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ulrich133
                • Dec 2012

This is the major thing i've been lusting after as of late, in spite of the fact that the only way for me to get it or one like it would be to build it myself.
                I'm not generally a huge fan of copies, but unfortunately i don't have $320,000 to spend on original Ruhlmann furniture

Comment

• bukka
                  • Sep 2011

I've been going trough this thread for two hours. Don't remember who posted the link for LauraZindel website but thanks, just ordered a few mugs and bowls, love it!
                  Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• ulrich133
                    • Dec 2012

Seriously lusting after these coal tables/benches too

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

came across some interesting marble while looking around for tile..

this one looks insane if you can get a whole slab...

nero marquina

also looking for a laundry hamper. decent looking one i found was made by Vipp. any others? can't be a POS, but i'm just using a laundry bag on the floor so i guess anything is better..

i also didn't know Vipp made entire kitchens, in powder coated matte black..

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I saw the vipp kitchen in a magazine a while ago, looks very cool. Now that I look at it, itactually looks a lot like our kitchen, pulls are similar too
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bukka
                          • Sep 2011

1st marble is stunning!

About marble, thought this duvet was fun
                          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• braver
                            • Sep 2013

Going to overhaul my room in a company that I own.
                            Of course, it should reflect my style and ideology, which is close to what SZ is about.
                            The room is about 4х8 meters. Height is maybe 4.5 meters. Two big windows on the bigger side.
                            Going to destroy everything inside, then color the raw walls in light grey, put the industrial lamps on the top, put some destroyed parquet on the floor, and finish with aged textile fabrics on curtains.
                            But maybe I'm wrong and my ideas are bullshit.
                            Would you advise me what to do with my room?
                            Any cool ideas or pics that I could borrow?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

It would be good to see some photos, whatever they are.

I, for one, would not want the place I live in to be too industrial. A restaurant, a shop, yes, my bedroom or living room - probably not. You could put some industrial elements in it, but I wouldn't go overboard. I prefer something like this, if I had a choice.

This is my favorite place to stay when I go to Antwerp. If I was not renting, I would do my apartment like this.

Also, my friend Lukas in Chicago has an incredible space. I wish I could transport it to New York.

I guess what I'm saying is I like black and white :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• braver
                                • Sep 2013

Thanks Faust!

Those interiors are really close to what I gonna do.
                                Will try to make photos of my room to show it's dimensions and layout.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎