X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Restarting the discussion above, what's your opinion of USM Haller in an apartment? At first I thought it's too cold, office like, but it's been growing on me.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bukka View Post
      I've been going trough this thread for two hours. Don't remember who posted the link for LauraZindel website but thanks, just ordered a few mugs and bowls, love it!
      Might've been me after I got her snake vase at ABC in New York.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Might've been me after I got her snake vase at ABC in New York.
        took a while to cross the big pond but here they are

I'll put dry flowers in them like roses and cotton, I don't want to buy new ones every week

On another note, It can't really be called furniture but it's part of the decoration, my new bonzai (cotoneaster)!

Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Restarting the discussion above, what's your opinion of USM Haller in an apartment? At first I thought it's too cold, office like, but it's been growing on me.
          I think it depends on what you combine it with, I used to think its too modern and clean but I ended up making a large sideboard out of the units when we moved and now I really like them. I'll try to remember to post a photo at some point
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            I think it depends on what you combine it with, I used to think its too modern and clean but I ended up making a large sideboard out of the units when we moved and now I really like them. I'll try to remember to post a photo at some point
            Yes, I think their gray is quite warm and might work with my gray couch. Send photo, please. I have to convince M.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• radio-aktivität
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              Right. After all, it’s a question of combination. But I am biased: nearly every public facility in the region I live in, from the transport office up to the local culture/theatre bureau is equipped head to toe with USM Haller. * For a reason, I assume: the possibilities are endless, the quality superior to most contenders and you can outfit and customize the furniture heavily to your own needs (or coporate design guidelines). I believe they even do custom RAL colours on special orders.

With that in mind, I myself could never live in a USM environment. I’d probably draw a number and wait in line everytime I’d come home.

But strangely, none of these places use the USM tables. Most use cheap ones, typically with chromed rails and white HPL surfaces. Quite a pity, since USM manufactures very elegant models.

To cut a long story short: Go for it, but don’t make your flat look like the german tax office. If you are looking for another modular shelving system, I’d still recommend https://www.system180.com/

We equipped a studio at our school with it. I found the idea less sophisticated than USM, yet very easy to setup and, quality-wise, definitely comparable. No idea about ability in the States though.

PS: you Americans may have similar issues with Eames plastic shells and their use as airport seating? That might be where all the shells on european Ebays come from.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I totally understand where you are coming from but USM is quite rare in the States, so I don't have the visual fatigue you do.

Agreed about their desks - also on my list.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MJRH
                  • Nov 2006

i am quite taken with these little lamps by bocci, they're really... refreshing

ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

It would be good to see some photos, whatever they are.

I, for one, would not want the place I live in to be too industrial. A restaurant, a shop, yes, my bedroom or living room - probably not. You could put some industrial elements in it, but I wouldn't go overboard. I prefer something like this, if I had a choice.

This is my favorite place to stay when I go to Antwerp. If I was not renting, I would do my apartment like this.

Also, my friend Lukas in Chicago has an incredible space. I wish I could transport it to New York.

I guess what I'm saying is I like black and white :-)
                    I am very happy to share that Lukas Machnik was chosen as one of the participants on American Dream Builders, premiering tonight on NBC. Please tune in and support him - he is an incredible talent and if you are into furniture like Rick Owens he's the one who should be on your radar. At the least you will get to see someone dressed in Rick make things.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fncyths
                      • Apr 2010

:: BOOM ::

Originally posted by Shucks
                      it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                      Originally posted by interest1
                      I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• applecrisp
                        • Jun 2013

I'm currently in the process of furnishing an apartment and, as I usually do when researching a new endeavor, have become obsessive about furniture. I found a MCM Selig Sofa locally and bought an American of Martinsville dresser from the same seller because he cut me a good deal.

In the process of searching for some lounge chairs I was blown away with some of the designs I found from Percival Lafer.

How do you resize images for SZ?

His work is so odd and I feel like fans of CCP and the like would appreciate the aesthetic. Just wanted to share. Has his work been discussed?

Comment

• ahn
                          • Jul 2012

I am very happy to share that Lukas Machnik was chosen as one of the participants on American Dream Builders, premiering tonight on NBC. Please tune in and support him - he is an incredible talent and if you are into furniture like Rick Owens he's the one who should be on your radar. At the least you will get to see someone dressed in Rick make things.
                          Oh yes I saw this on his Instagram! How very exciting, he's brilliant. Thanks for the video fncyths!
                          some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ahn View Post
                            Oh yes I saw this on his Instagram! How very exciting, he's brilliant. Thanks for the video fncyths!
                            He will go a long way and we will do our part to ensure it

Also, his boyfriend's art is magnificent. Standby for coverage.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tobsucht
                              • Feb 2011

any ideas for nice bedside tables?

been looking into usm and system 180 because i like the contrast they'ld create to my wooden bed

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Actually...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎