Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fncyths
    • Apr 2010

This message has been deleted by Faust. Reason: Let's just take a step back and chill

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    omg, is this where we're supposed to admire your glamorous lifestyle?

and malaesthetique, I think it will be unobtrusive, simple, and genius. And it will probably involve intricately cut cardboard by his makerbot replicator, and maybe a little concrete.

I guess we'll find out in a few hours...
    Originally posted by Shucks
    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
    Originally posted by interest1
    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

If you are in NY, work in interior design/architecture, and want to attend a good event this Sunday, say "yes."
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ how did we do, fnycths?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lazyguru
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            If you are in NY, work in interior design/architecture, and want to attend a good event this Sunday, say "yes."

YESSSSS ?

Comment

• fncyths
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              /\ how did we do, fnycths?
              this is great! if I didn't have weddings to attend back in the rockies I'd be there covering it with you guys!

skram is really cool. I grew up in the region where they're from in nc. I love this shelving system. it's a warmer simpler danish style option to that of the vitsoe shelving systems. very george nelson inspired:

the gentner table is a really strong piece! also dig this floating style chest of drawers (I'm obviously lacking proper storage so my eye's are drawn to this)

Looks inspired by Josef Hoffmann which I always dig:

great coverage faust and editors
              Originally posted by Shucks
              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Also, this.
                Attached Files

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• braver
                  • Sep 2013

Need your help again mates.
                  Going to open a new and the only such interior/design/furniture/accessoires store here in my city. The overall stylistics will be close to what SZ is about. Here are the pics of what it is now. I love it, but need to make it moooore comfortable. Any ideas or pics? What to do with the walls, overall space, etc?Seen any interiors that could inspire transforming this?

Last edited by braver; 05-31-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

That's pretty hard to tell without knowing anything about your budget. You can go for the Darklands style, which would mean keeping a warehouse-like feeling, but still treating all the surfaces (like making the walls plain white, cleaning and painting all visible construction parts of the roof etc.)
                    I can't see what condition the windows are in. Apart from that I would clean the walls and if that's not possible, paint them, but don't cover the installation. If possible, paint the installation parts or use black-coloured cable tubes. For the lighting, it doesn't look bad from what I see, maybe there isn't much to change overall, without considering energy aspects now.
                    From these pictures the floor doesn't look too nice. If it can't be cleaned, you can put a coloured coating on it, maybe grey, or a pale colour. Depends on the lighting and if you change the walls. I would procede step by step, definitely the floor in the end.

Comment

• braver
                      • Sep 2013

Thanks Drrrk!

The budget is not as big as some other stores have, and I just dont want to spend much to prevent myself from adding glamour accents and keep the style. Or at least I wish that it will help.
                      I ordered a special machine to destroy the old paint and dust on the walls, will try it next week, and will paint that scratchy surface after that, all walls to the same color, something close to gray... or not?
                      We also checked the floor, and it seems perfect to polish it by another machine! Will become deep grey after that, with small marbles inside, and some cracks too.
                      I'll keep that industrial lighting, just add some more lamps and change the wires.

But how to divide the space, make shelving, place the showcases, how to make the chillout zone? Yes, I have the ideas, but the problem is that I dont have any interior pics that could inspire me, and I dont have the overall view of what I gonna get here. I saw many amazing spaces, but I didnt keep their styles in my mind, and need something to inspire me right now. And maybe I'm a little bit afraid of making something stupid. Therefore I ask for more advices. You know how to make it, I'm sure. Please.

(all room is about 220 square meters, the floors are maybe 10 meters high, the entrance is right from the street)

Comment

• zen dog
                        • Jan 2014

Hi Braver, I could't access your images but I'd be drooling at the opportunity to do an interior, even small and limited budget.
                        Axel Vervoodt does amazing stuff- I don't have any links- you just have to get your hands on his books, "Timeless Interiors" is great and I'm betting "Wabi Sabi" is as well.

Old, big, beat up chairs with fabric or thin rugs draped over them or the "bones" of an open cube lined with thick pillows can give relief from the austere.

A concrete floor, raw or with worn layers of paint can be acid etched and waxed to get an amazing surface.

If you can get some filtered light from above- everything glows.

I envy you.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I also can't see your photos, Braver. The Axel Vervoordt book zen dog is referring to is called Wabi Inspirations. A brilliant book, indeed.

Also check out the work of Vincent Vun Duysen. I just interviewed him in Antwerp - article forthcoming on our website. Amazing work. And him and Vervoordt are friends (naturally, cause in Antwerp everyone seems to be friends).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• een
                            • Sep 2006

van Duysen does beautiful work - more 'elegant' than Beel, Olgiati, Fretton...not to say I prefer it to the latter(s)

Comment

• braver
                              • Sep 2013

Oh yes, mates!
                              Searched for corresponding pics and that's really what I need!
                              Started work from my small office room, and will comtinue with the store.

Corrected the links, now you can see what I have now.
                              Will post other pics later.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                                • Apr 2014

Does anyone know of a good floor sanding service in nyc? I'm moving to Fresh meadows, Queens next year, and would like to stain the wood floors to a darker color.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎