• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Casius"]

Laika- I would say there's actually a good amount of old CCP out there still on the racks (considering the small amount of retailers). Probably not from 5-6 years ago or anything but I have personally witnessed a bunch of 05-06 items on the rack at Maxfield (as well as jewelry) and A still has some select items from SS07. Albert has also spoke of L'Eclaireur having a ton of older items in their stores (not Rue Herold).

Like Faust and I said though, it just doesn't seem like good business to keep thousands of dollars of merchandise on the racks. Even Karlo stated, that what he does is run a business. (from the Article Faust posted recently)

[/quote]

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. I certainly sympathize with the business point of view--I just don't think that's what CCP had in mind when they came up with this policy. [75]

Anyway, just to be clear, i'm not advocating that the stuff not go on sale! [86] I'm just saying there's a logic to it, even if the logic doesn't quite work in practice. There are other ways to escape the fashion system...not sure why they chose this particular one.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Yea, I agree with you as well. I understand the logic (as well as the business side of it for retailers), so it's kind of a double edged sword. The good thing about it, for myself anyway, is that it makes me look even harder at the clothing and very carefully edit what I would like.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

does ANYONE still have the overlock blazer from ss05 with the elbow patches??? :(

lift has a bunch of stuff that they put out during sale season.... like woven plastic sweater vests and shit. haha

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i'll ask when i go there tomorrow. i bet it's off schedule.
          [/quote]

That's what I'm guessing as well. I received no hint of anything being cancelled... likely just off schedule. Skipping a season is financial suicide especially for such a small team.

[/quote]

well he's done it before...

speaking of which - around that time didn't someone break into his atelier and steal his notebooks..... probably the people at augusta? haha

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

^lol
            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i'll ask when i go there tomorrow. i bet it's off schedule.
              [/quote]

That's what I'm guessing as well. I received no hint of anything being cancelled... likely just off schedule. Skipping a season is financial suicide especially for such a small team.

[/quote]

well he's done it before...

speaking of which - around that time didn't someone break into his atelier and steal his notebooks..... probably the people at augusta? haha

[/quote]

I don't think he's ever actually missed a season (unless it was the S/S 99-00 Virtual.... I don't remember if any items passing through my hands were 99-00 spring summer but I've had some 99-00 items). Delayed... but not actually missed. Even fw 05-06 was produced as "On Demand" with items being both made to order. L'Eclaireur Rue Herold stocked "On Demand" on their racks.

Here's the rundown from the beginning:

F/W 94-95: non-intended collection

S/S 95- 1st intended collection

F/W 95-96: Protective

S/S 96: Piercing

F/W 96-97: Dermatographism

S/S 97: Laser Collection

F/W 97-98: Aerodynamics

S/S 98: Improper

F/W 98-99: Suffering

S/S 99: Virtual Collection

F/W 99-00: Form-Material-Color

S/S 00: Form-Material-Color

F/W 00-01: Pure-Impure

S/S 01: Three Refrigerated Cells

F/W 01-02: Public Freedom

S/S 02: Traditional Escape

F/W 02-03: Attraction

S/S 03: At Tamiser

F/W 03-04: Space/Inner Space

S/S 04: Mainstream-Downstream

F/W 04-05: Instant Collection

S/S 05: Dispossessed

F/W 05-06: On Demand

S/S 06: U-Turn

F/W 06-07: B-Sides

S/S 07: Paranoid

F/W 07-08: Disjointed

S/S 08- 00

.... as for the research espionage... I wouldn't be surprised it it was Augusta judging from the shoe styles and treatments they've put out this season!!!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

[quote user="Casius"]

Nice, thanks man!

Here's to hoping they ordered that light grey blazer....

[/quote]

hell no, SUN, get that shit out! we gotta get big in japan to get that shiz

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Casius"]

Nice, thanks man!

Here's to hoping they ordered that light grey blazer....

[/quote]

hell no, SUN, get that shit out! we gotta get big in japan to get that shiz

[/quote]

Don't shoot down my dreams! I too boku for all the sizes carried in Japan.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

ALBERT just going out of control left and right dropping mad buzzer beaters down the stretch on the home floor coming back for the next season already having laid waste to last w blazing speed he bullets by ya up in the air handplants your face to gain aerial traction twists his twist jeans into a new reality, of broken glass, broken dreams, and broken triumphs.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

i wouldn't consider on demand as a real collection.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[:|]

[74]

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i wouldn't consider on demand as a real collection.
                          [/quote]

I see where you're comin from. Not a collection per se, but lots of stuff was still produced for the client stores you know? Stuff that was exclusive to that "season".

I wish I could remember when his macbook and notes were jacked to see if that corresponds to On Demand...

Comment

• H-R
                            • May 2007

i think fw 05-06 was the season atelier received their exclusive wraparound boots, which i'm pretty sure was made because of the theft incident

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Cool. Thanks HR!

So 05-06 On Demand was indeed done when the research and computer got stolen. I guess Carol and team just made the best of it and produced pieces in some new colors/fabrics that they had ready in a "seasonal" format as best they could.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="philip nod"]i think carol just loves basketball.
                                [/quote]

karlo told me about the ai x ccp overlock sneaks coming fw09, pre-order list is already full.

[/quote]

allen iverson is too big of a name for carol. i'm sure he'd make a collab with michael redd or joe johnson.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎