X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

My question got buried in the argument, so maybe we can switch gears for a bit. CCP is cool and has great clothing we all agree lets move on.

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
    Folks that have owned ccp boots (side zips, tornados, wrap arounds, etc) for 5 years or longer, i am talking about past seasons, how did your boots hold up? How did they age? can some of you snap pics and show me.
    i think it would be cool to see these things. Also other members can refer to this discussion if they are buying and aren't sure which which leather to go with.

Comment

• drizzly
      Banned
      • Apr 2012

anyone?

Comment

• psydle
        • Feb 2014

first year of U soles?

I was wondering when the first appearance of the U sole was. I have a pair of seamless culatta horse sidezips and they have a section of the leather stack in the sole that joins the heel and toe, bridging the shank area. I made the assumption that this was an early foray into the fully looped construction of the u sole. I just wasn't sure when he had started that design path.

Here is what I'm talking about.

Last edited by psydle; 10-22-2014, 12:22 PM.
        As wormwood and wine. To the Death!

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

if I remember correctly, that pictured sole type appeared in the 2009 collection and the loop sole has been done for just the last collection, 2010.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I never understood that double zipper. It's a neat idea, but seems not very functional, especially in terms of letting water in. I suppose I'm too practical with my footwear and stomp around in it everywhere, rain and puddles be damned.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blackfedora
              • Jan 2012

I too, thought that the double zipper would be a location where water would easily enter, but was demonstrated to be wrong last year. I wore a pair of '09 tornadoes in 3 inches of water for a couple hours after my basement flooded and after 4 hours of working on clean up in the water, the only portion of my foot that was significantly wet was my toes. Of course the dye ran and I had gangrenous looking toes for the next 3 weeks...

Comment

• drizzly
                Banned
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I never understood that double zipper. It's a neat idea, but seems not very functional, especially in terms of letting water in. I suppose I'm too practical with my footwear and stomp around in it everywhere, rain and puddles be damned.
                Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                I too, thought that the double zipper would be a location where water would easily enter, but was demonstrated to be wrong last year. I wore a pair of '09 tornadoes in 3 inches of water for a couple hours after my basement flooded and after 4 hours of working on clean up in the water, the only portion of my foot that was significantly wet was my toes. Of course the dye ran and I had gangrenous looking toes for the next 3 weeks...
                Jesus guys that is a feature to let your feet air out come on now...

Comment

• nicelynice
                  • Oct 2009

If I'm sitting for a couple hours, I'll actually pull the bottom zipper up a couple inches to loosen the boot a little bit. Makes them pretty comfortable when I'll be sitting down to a movie or dinner. And I use my tornadoes as rainy day beater boots and haven't had any leaking issues aside from the aforementioned object dyed feet/socks

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                    • Oct 2014

Why would anyone wear CCPs to work in a basement flood is beyond me.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                      • Apr 2014

I wore a pair of '09 tornadoes in 3 inches of water for a couple hours after my basement flooded and after 4 hours of working on clean up in the water
                      Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                      And I use my tornadoes as rainy day beater boots and haven't had any leaking issues aside from the aforementioned object dyed feet/socks
                      I feel so fucking poor reading that you guys used them as beaters...

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post

why would you feel that way?

CCP boots are pretty durable and if you take care of them they go through anything.
                        I have a boar leather siedzips (pretty rare) that i wear 3-4 times a week in all different kinds of weather for the past 3.5 years. the only thing i do is replace the vibrams and heel taps when they wear

Ive had tornadoes/ jointed boots/ rubberbands / hockeyes etc and the issue with them is not the durability but the comfort factor. if you can find a pair that is comfortable for your feet then they are pretty much indestructible with minimal need for care
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                          • Apr 2014

I just have this mentality where I feel the need to take extra good care of everything I own, especially if its something over a thousand dollars.

Comment

• blackfedora
                            • Jan 2012

Zamb is spot on with his experience. No other boots, even high grade military surplus boots, stand up to the sleet/snow/salt/grime that comes with living in a city with winter. Horse leather is the only leather that really stands up to salt, which is why it is often the leather of choice for seafaring equipment.

The previous owner of my boots lived in New York and used them for 2 winters, then I did the same and then sold them to another Torontonian who will likely do the same. There was practically no damage to the boots from all the wear and tear. If I buy a normal pair of 200$ chrome tanned cow leather winter boots, they will last a single season in the salt and muck. Those types of boots do not stand up well to being doused in vinegar solutions to remove all the embedded salt from the winter, horse tornadoes on the other hand, don't really mind. I only sold my '09's because I found a more comfortable pair.

If I had a pair of rubber boots, I would have changed into them, but since I no longer live on a farm, I don't keep a pair in the shoe collection.

Also the water came into the basement pretty quickly during a flash flood, outside looked much worse...

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

I just have this mentality where I feel the need to take extra good care of everything I own, especially if its something over a thousand dollars.
                              I take very good care of everything i own, but the purpose of owning stuff is to enjoy it and really dont see the point of owning things to simply "look" at and "worship" them.

things are made to be used and enjoyed
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• drizzly
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2012

I know what you mean but you cannot baby everything. I doubt i'd wear my boots like Blackfedora in a flood but kudos to him for proving the boots hold up, i am really happy to know that and impressed.

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                why would you feel that way?

CCP boots are pretty durable and if you take care of them they go through anything.
                                I have a boar leather siedzips (pretty rare) that i wear 3-4 times a week in all different kinds of weather for the past 3.5 years. the only thing i do is replace the vibrams and heel taps when they wear

Ive had tornadoes/ jointed boots/ rubberbands / hockeyes etc and the issue with them is not the durability but the comfort factor. if you can find a pair that is comfortable for your feet then they are pretty much indestructible with minimal need for care
                                Zam can you post a pic of the boar ones please, i'd love to see them...

Zamb is spot on with his experience. No other boots, even high grade military surplus boots, stand up to the sleet/snow/salt/grime that comes with living in a city with winter. Horse leather is the only leather that really stands up to salt, which is why it is often the leather of choice for seafaring equipment.

The previous owner of my boots lived in New York and used them for 2 winters, then I did the same and then sold them to another Torontonian who will likely do the same. There was practically no damage to the boots from all the wear and tear. If I buy a normal pair of 200$ chrome tanned cow leather winter boots, they will last a single in the salt and muck. Those types of boots do not stand up well to being doused in vinegar solutions to remove all the embedded salt from the winter, horse tornadoes on the other hand, don't really mind. I only sold my '09's because I found a more comfortable pair.

If I had a pair of rubber boots, I would have changed into them, but since I no longer live on a farm, I don't keep a pair in the shoe collection.

Also the water came into the basement pretty quickly during a flash flood, outside looked much worse...
                                As i said up top, its nuts you did that but thanks for doing it so now i know. If you can i'd ask for 2 things:
                                1. details of which tornados they were, luc, cul, coil, etc?
                                2. Pic please

Finally @everyone who wore their ccp boots hard, what do you think of ccp vs a1923 in regards to resilience? I would assume a1923 would hold up just as well. I have an opinion on the matter but want to hear others before i share mine...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎