X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jak1
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Charged View Post
    I might be wrong about this, but I think one of the differences is that the Lamb (LP) versions are cut slightly shorter than the Calf (LR) ones.

Please correct me if this is incorrect.
    Yes. that s the jacket.. with the high collar, back pocket and wool lining.. I was wondering if or leather is thicker or more durable?.. also, are the arm hole sizes the same on the lamb vs. the calf? thx,

-JAK

Comment

• swami
      • Jul 2008

I finally broke out my pair of s/s 07 Combat boots and man they have become my favorite boots very quickly. They were pretty underwhelming in the box ..But on my feet..its something else..Almost like walking in spongy heels...Its totally changed my gait..I fucking love them...Anyone else feel that they fit different mainly higher in the back?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by swami View Post
        I finally broke out my pair of s/s 07 Combat boots and man they have become my favorite boots very quickly. They were pretty underwhelming in the box ..But on my feet..its something else..Almost like walking in spongy heels...Its totally changed my gait..I fucking love them...Anyone else feel that they fit different mainly higher in the back?
        i've got those boots sitting on ice but i get the same sensation from this season's ankle boot. they definitely put spring and swagger into your step.
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

i got half my wardrobe on ice but i can't pay for ice
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• KM80
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
            i've got those boots sitting on ice but i get the same sensation from this season's ankle boot. they definitely put spring and swagger into your step.
            Totally!

I also feel quite a bit taller wearing them which is always a plus for a short guy.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
              i got half my wardrobe on ice but i can't pay for ice
              then thaw that shit out and wear it all at once in layers
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• arny068
                • Apr 2008

has anyone looked at the recent diesel black gold line? how is their quality and fit compare to RO? i've heard that diesel is trying to copy RO

Comment

• swami
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                  Wait you got those bad ass combat boots? Picture please..
                  The only person I have seen in them is the white face SA from the RO store in NY...He was in Wholefoods rocking the boots with a skirt/white face and all...Looked like a warrior...scary..but nice!

Comment

• swals001
                    • Nov 2007

Am I the only one that's a little bit insulted by the 14-eyelet boots that were put out this season? I just inspected them at Barney's and they're literally nothing but Doc Martens with a zipper on the side. The sole is almost identical to that on a pair of Doc's, except it's black. I have a suspicion that the sole on Docs would likely last longer as well. This just seems like a blatant case of upbranding. The exchange rate probably inflates the price a bit, but 1400 for those was mind-blowing.

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

You work for Doc Marten, don't you?

Comment

• swals001
                        • Nov 2007

No, although I see how referencing them so many times in one post and having such a low post count could create that impression. I just think it's obvious Rick was inspired by the boots and the many subcultures that wear them. But I fail to see how he has improved on them significantly, and feel that placing them at a price point above what someone in one of those subcultures could afford makes them feel very inauthentic. In a way it felt like something John Varvatos would do, and that's sad coming from Mr. Owens.

Comment

• Jon
                          • Apr 2008

OK. I'll have a go...

First, Rick Owens has more integrity in his fucking pinky finger than varvatos has in his entire douchiness (but I think we'll agree on that).

Second, the only thing doc martin-esque is the white stitching on the soles.
                          Originally posted by merz
                          perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• swals001
                            • Nov 2007

I'm sure everyone here can agree on Varvatos' douchiness, but I still see a lot of similarity in the two boots. To my eye the sole and heel are practically identical in profile, the main difference being the color. The profile of the toe box is also very similar. I am also not one to bemoan his hi-tops, which are arguably mutated Nike Air-Force 1s. I see those shoes as being rather unique looking and wholly Rick's while the effort on these boots seems somewhat lazy.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by swals001 View Post
                              I'm sure everyone here can agree on Varvatos' douchiness, but I still see a lot of similarity in the two boots. To my eye the sole and heel are practically identical in profile, the main difference being the color. The profile of the toe box is also very similar. I am also not one to bemoan his hi-tops, which are arguably mutated Nike Air-Force 1s. I see those shoes as being rather unique looking and wholly Rick's while the effort on these boots seems somewhat lazy.
                              Douche extraordinaire. Douche unrivaled. The Emperor of Douche.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by swals001 View Post
                                Am I the only one that's a little bit insulted by the 14-eyelet boots that were put out this season? I just inspected them at Barney's and they're literally nothing but Doc Martens with a zipper on the side. The sole is almost identical to that on a pair of Doc's, except it's black. I have a suspicion that the sole on Docs would likely last longer as well. This just seems like a blatant case of upbranding. The exchange rate probably inflates the price a bit, but 1400 for those was mind-blowing.
                                Nothing wrong with appropriation if it's done sporadically, I think. All these guys have been teenagers, and they all have been influenced by what they were back then, and I think it's totally cool if they choose to make it a part of their aesthetic. You don't have to buy it. I mean, I wouldn't...
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎