X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xeraphim
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by shawn View Post
    If RO can design a series of furnitures, it's not so hard to make a dress shirt with his signatured designs. Plus, RO has already designed Blazers, Suits and Dress pants.
    just because he can, doesn't mean he has to. who cares if everyone else is doing it?

Comment

• i can loudly aknowledge that ricks quality is just diving towards rock bottom. the alpaca loin cloth sweater i bought has already unravelled in two places, and it's only 2 weeks old. i dont know why i keep buying his shit. i feel like a loser.

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

at least a beautiful loser, no?
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• is there some kind of hidden S&M message in ricks design philosophy im completely missing? I dont feel very dignified when his stuff break like this. people are retarded for not reacting more strongly against this.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

it's a different kind of dignity. the kind of dignity that can only be acquiered by making it to the other end of the beautiful ruins.
            www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Sombre
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by shawn View Post
              I got it, I am just wondering same things happened in M.A+, CCP, LUC, DD and Julius, Undercover etc, they are not "shirt" guys as well, but they all did their signatured dress shirts season by season. ( even White Dress Shirts). I will post pics later.

If RO can design a series of furnitures, it's not so hard to make a dress shirt with his signatured designs. Plus, RO has already designed Blazers, Suits and Dress pants.
              I'd say you still haven't got it. You're lumping all these designers together as if they have the same mission. Once you recognize their differences, you'll see that the shirts each of those designers makes, due to their motivations, are vastly different. Moreover, these are not your typical dress shirts. After you do that you might understand why Rick Owens has not made one (bar the silk specimen that Who? recently noted).

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
              i can loudly aknowledge that ricks quality is just diving towards rock bottom. the alpaca loin cloth sweater i bought has already unravelled in two places, and it's only 2 weeks old. i dont know why i keep buying his shit. i feel like a loser.
              I'm really sorry to hear that. For all the suffering you've gone through with his stuff, RO should give you an annual stipend, or at least free repairs/replacements for life.
              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                is there some kind of hidden S&M message in ricks design philosophy im completely missing? I dont feel very dignified when his stuff break like this. people are retarded for not reacting more strongly against this.
                You should contact the store where you bought it and see if they can work something out.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

I dunno heirloom, I have stuff from 05 that started immediately falling apart and some from 2-3 seasons ago in fine shape. maybe it's more piece by piece than season by season.

Comment

• i know, i will. it's just shit that it has to happen to me all the time. the only thing i have that hasn't broken yet is my nun beanie and a ls ribbed silk.

Comment

• cuddly
                      • Sep 2007

ls/sl basics are more like to break. i cant last 3-months without tearing or ripping the sheer t's so i stopped buying them.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        I dunno heirloom, I have stuff from 05 that started immediately falling apart and some from 2-3 seasons ago in fine shape. maybe it's more piece by piece than season by season.
                        damn! buying RO is like gambling

my sole RO item is a short sleeve t-shirt from Strutter, it has held up fine. just a very small tear towards the bottom of the back which i don't really mind.
                        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Grazzesto
                          • Mar 2010

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                            • Nov 2006

lulz..

deconstruction is the name of the game

i think rick calls it breaking it in

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

wearing RO brings to mind the dolly parton adage, "it costs a lot to look this cheap".

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

hmmm im not so sure about that. The stuff might fall apart easily but one look at RO clothing and I can tell it isn't anywhere near the realm of cheap or cheap looking. There are other major high fashion labels out there I'd slap that adage on before Rick, definitely.
                                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎