Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swami
    • Jul 2008

This looks awesome, So envious of you guys who got to see it in person.The little I have handled has surprisingly blown me away ,
    Its amazing how these things come to life in person.
    BTW was Project-O just a one off thing?

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by swami View Post
      Good question, scarves and hats are good.

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by swami View Post
        It was a project that saw a few seasons and was basically a means that allowed Luca to freely experiment with the use of carefully selected old military fabrics. The availability of the high quality in the level of vintage fabrics he chooses to work with are scarce...on top of which the specialized treatments they undergo make for higher prices. You know what I'm talking about if you've tried pricing those pieces out. He has since introduced many of the techniques and fabrics to the Label Under Construction collections. The prices are higher than Luca's "standard" fabric developments, but they are well worth the overage. As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for". True, the proverbial cliche doesn't always hold weight, but it certainly stands true with the Label Under Construction line.

Edit: Still jetlaggin' so I hope the post is a coherent one.
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Xenophobe
          • May 2009

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
          s/s2010 - dope
          If I ever get the chance I'll kop this.

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

I'm truly surprised so many people are on here are digging the white pimp coat

music

Comment

• kbi
              • Feb 2009

that's what I was thinking too.. must feel wonderful but wearing that jacket makes you look either like a walking pola bear or the next best p.i.m.p

Comment

• delirium
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                Second Faust here. S/S10 is stunning. Perfected construction deconstructed.

Applied science in the realm of the arts = Label Under Construction. And those leggings are a perfect example. The kind of work that goes into the development of his knits is dizzying...e.g...Leggings fabric: Experimental yarns manipulated with water of varying ph and controlled temperatures which acts as a kind of solvent. I'm talking about water changing prehensile properties of the fibers here folks. The man is a mad scientist.
                This is extremely cool.

Do the leggings have varying stretchiness and thickness? Or is it one layer of fabric that was manipulated to be more or less dense?

Definitely, want to look into these for the gf when they're released.

Comment

• jcotteri
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by merz
                  please sir may i have some more?
                  i concur
                  WTB: This

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Xenophobe View Post
                    If I ever get the chance I'll kop this.
                    I doubt that you will. Its not a piece meant for production. I'm not sure of the wearability of it either. Its not a fur coat. I don't know what its constructed from, but it almost looked like it was made from clouds of the cumulous variety. As much as I would have liked to have handled it, the opportunity to acquaint myself with the piece was never extended, thus the uncertainty. Looking at it and not being able to study it was like wearing a pair of high Linea boots and having an itch on the arch of your foot.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by delirium View Post
                      This is extremely cool.

Do the leggings have varying stretchiness and thickness? Or is it one layer of fabric that was manipulated to be more or less dense?
                      Good question! The fabric is a knit of varying composites and "thread count" from one cm to the next. The answer is yes to all points of your inquiries.
                      Last edited by DHC; 07-04-2009, 06:28 PM.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• bestial
                        • Jun 2008

has anyone seen or try on the suture stitch pants that the archive has in their 09 preview. only looking at the pictures makes me wanna kop instantly. would be nice the hear some first hand impressions.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

as promised, a few pics of the dyed J-trousers:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

those details kills...
                            Focusing on object details

Comment

• jcotteri
                              • Jun 2008

They look absolutely beautiful mike

can you tell us more about the fabric please
                              WTB: This

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

its heavy cotton, apart from the dye I'm not sure how they've been treated, but the surface has a brushed texture, sort of like wool. maldoror's description was very thorough:

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                                not jeans, but a stiff & heavy cotton pant. texture is sort of velvety to the touch, similar to past seasons luc heavy cotton. artisan dying gives great texture to the fabric and depth to the black, leading to an irregular surface which comes out grey along the fold lines (and warrants its own care spiel in the booklet).

not really j in the traditional ccp sense, although you get the same (albeit far less dramatic) towering verticality to the stacking. single seam per leg which curves subtly around the leg when worn, beginning at the back at the waist and ending at the outside of the ankle at the hem. these bifurcating seams are spined with heavy stitching visually resembling a hybrid of overlocking and linea digital stitching. (would appreciate some further explication re stitching technique)

fit is slim through the thighs and very slim down the calf with semi-low rise. I sized up, and I never size up.

more than any other garment I've handled these things make absolutely no sense until they're on a body.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎