• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
    thread is broken
    lol. i think it's fun (although I still don't understand B-I).
    Laika, I was referring to the West, naturally. I thought that's what you mentioned in the post I was replying to?

I don't think there is that much value left in being provocative to be honest. Our culture encourages that.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Shocking development!!! Faust and Fuuma oppose the skirt clan because they have women's brains. We will not let phalocrats dictate our view on garments!!!

"It is well known that there are differences between brain activity in women and men in cognitive tasks," said researcher Camilo J. Cela-Conde of the University of Baleares in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. The answer seems to be that when women consider a visual object they link it to language while men concentrate on the spatial aspects of the object, Cela-Conde said in an interview by e-mail. He noted, however, that this doesn't explain why — and how — the human capacity to appreciate beauty evolved."

http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/a...fferences.html
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• klangspiel
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
        One of the problems with Lacan when he was looking for a signifying structure, he did not turn to look at the power-relations at work through such a structure.
        says whom? the algerian, the bald guy or "dolce & gabbana"? :)
        haha poor lacan.

amongst other things, you might want to have a look at his theory of 4 discourses as an instance which explores a "pragmatic" dimension. and that's just for starters.
        lacan's body of work is considerably more multi-faceted and amorphous than his critics are willing to give credit to.
        admittedly (and admirably) most of the immediate critical responses to lacan were highly productive and creative but they're often too reductive of his ideas at the expense of the intrinsic richness and to the detriment of latent possibilities found in his work.
        a convenient strawman of the time and an even more convenient source for serial caricaturization but understandably so considering how paradigmatic his ideas were / are.

back on topic, well kinda, i was about to share a ridiculously hilarious joke involving tunics, human gait and herder (with a brief cameo from goethe ... no less) but beer o'clock is calling so... :-)

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

whats going on here ?
          is this something i will look back at in 10 years i think oh i had so much to learn how young simple i was at 19

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

im feeling this place is too intelectual for me maybe i should go back to sufu hahahahha

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
              im feeling this place is too intelectual for me maybe i should go back to sufu hahahahha
              it's too intellectual for many people snafs, you're not alone

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

true. i like it though.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

too many boys here, maybe i should go back to tfs.
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                    You are not going anywhere!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

QUICK ABANDON SHIP !!!!

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

a feminine presence is neccessary to the growth and development of any society
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

I've established you and B-I have a manly brain. Faust and I are going back on purseforum to hang with our peers.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

OMG!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

As for the "too much intellectuals" part c'mon. There's like maximum one conversation like this going on the forum at one time, if you don't like it all the other threads are your oysters. I can't talk about how I robokopped some jackets ZOMG!! ya or post pic of me wearing stuff 100% of the time or what little is left of my brain will liquefy.

I've got an interest in various thinkers and artists/designers/etc that I share with a bunch of people here, it's nice to confront our views.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by klangspiel View Post
                                says whom? the algerian, the bald guy or "dolce & gabbana"? :)
                                haha poor lacan.

amongst other things, you might want to have a look at his theory of 4 discourses as an instance which explores a "pragmatic" dimension. and that's just for starters.
                                lacan's body of work is considerably more multi-faceted and amorphous than his critics are willing to give credit to.
                                admittedly (and admirably) most of the immediate critical responses to lacan were highly productive and creative but they're often too reductive of his ideas at the expense of the intrinsic richness and to the detriment of latent possibilities found in his work.
                                a convenient strawman of the time and an even more convenient source for serial caricaturization but understandably so considering how paradigmatic his ideas were / are.

back on topic, well kinda, i was about to share a ridiculously hilarious joke involving tunics, human gait and herder (with a brief cameo from goethe ... no less) but beer o'clock is calling so... :-)
                                No no no, we don't roll like that, You don't go "bla bla bla" and run to safety with "back on topic"

As you properly know, that both "the algerian, the bald guy or "dolce & gabbana"" has great respect for Lacan and uses his account of the oedipal structure of desire, but surely they know where he falls short. One is the connection of the unconscious to the social field another would be the nature of desire. This is not reducible at all, it's traceable in his work. Lacan gets his credit where credit is do, but you need to give me more, if I should return to Lacan again. When we are with the suggestion of reading, I would suggest you dust of Marx and make the connections. Especially in the present economic and social climate.

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                                I've established you and B-I have a manly brain. Faust and I are going back on purseforum to hang with our peers.

Faust and Fuuma with purses.

You know some people like to ask questions like
                                "How is oedipus used in capitalism?" or "How to
                                become a foreigner in one's own tongue?",
                                some like to ask "Where to kop?", some people
                                like them all, but surely they can coexist, one
                                doesn't exclude the other.
                                Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...