• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Label Under Construction

if I saw a display like that, I'd just grab everything and run!! :D

these were already posted in the FW buys thread, but I guess they'd be good here as well:

now that I've seen and handled a decent amount of Luc pieces in personin the last few months, its become one of my favorite brands.
    I just love the whole aestethic, feel to the garments and all the details, construction etc.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sbw4224
      • Sep 2006

Agreed, Mike. After seeing and handling a lot of items in person LUC is definitely one of my favorite labels. The quality of each garment really speaks for itself once you've handled it.

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

wow those pictures are great! i find LUC works well only if you are slim though- or if you're a lot older and carry your weight well.

Comment

• nairb49
          • Dec 2006

I love every aspect of it, its taken over as my favorite label. I only wish it was a-more acessible and b-significantly more affordable

If only the pricing was in line with Geller's or similar, I'd be alllll over it. Alas, its more like double or triple.

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]Hmm, first glance, they seem to have a similar cut, but the fabric makes a big difference in this case I think.
            Being a softer linen, mine hang alot more at the hips as opposed to bulging out like that, which I like a bit more, and probably makes them a bit less like OLPs.
            [/quote]

i have a pair of those pants - they're schoolboy cut pants in cotton - they're cut entirely differently from the linen pants i sold you.

Comment

• kompressorkev
              • Dec 2006

i hope these aren't reposts. i don't think any of the following are particularly good works by LUC, except for the knit cap and distressed knit, which are both pretty interesting. i am very interested in the overlock denim, however, would love to hear more about those

knit cap and stole

distressed knit and long cardigan:

pics courtesy of Les Plus (+++) & BoutiqueW.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Jesus F Christ. It's safe to say this takes the cake in the knit department [:O]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• designersheep
                  • Oct 2006

^
                  Oh my goodness Faust... that really is a breathtaking piece.
                  I hope LUC produces different pieces using the above knitting/weaving technique and texture. Inspiring.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

I have a question for those of you who own some LUC pieces; I am contemplating picking up my first sweater from them and I am just wondering if the garments live up to thier price? Also, how do most people think the tops fit? True to size?
                    The tops aren't cheap and I won't be able to try any on if I were to purchase, so I thought I would ask for some advice here.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

i have two sweaters that i got from scott (sbw). the quality is top notch, but i'm not 100% sure i would pay full price for one of them.

as far as fit, i would say it's pretty true to size.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Cas, everything from LUC that I own fits true to size and is absolutely wonderful. Like Joey said, full price on most of the stuff.... eh. There are some pieces though that you just won't be able to get on the secondhand market due to scarcity.

For the more "normal" LUC pieces I'd say secondhand it. For more novel pieces like the seismic knit or things like the pull-wire edged knit you'll probably have to full price it. For the pants, you can just about always get them secondhand.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mesh
                          • Dec 2006

I really love some of the luc pieces, seems like they are either hit or miss. His hits are fire though, I think ccp and luc are my two favorite labels in the now saturated goth ninja sea of designers. It's too bad the pricing of luc is extortionate though sadly enough.

Lucky for me I will be in NYC in a month when everyone is fully stocked haha.

Comment

• mesh
                            • Dec 2006

I am desiring that white chunky knit, who knows how much it's going for?Did A order it or what?

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Mesh, I'm looking for that exact knit as well but I have yet to find it. I'm unsure if A ordered it though, one can only hope.

Also, for anyone interested, Lazzari has updated thier stock for A/W with both Men and Womans' clothing. There's a really really cool knit green blazer and the standard knits.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I think I'm gonna go for it and try one out. It's $670! [:O]
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mesh
                                • Dec 2006

Cas, I think that's the same one as the gray one kev posted. If his thin knits are 500 they are absolutely not worth it at full price but the chunky one for 670 can somewhat be rationalized. Do you know how much the grey cashmere knit is up on A? I'm almost afraid to hear the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎