X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

A/W 2002-03

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

very nice compilation of her work, it gives me, not having been that familiar with her, a real sense of theme and theory. sorrow to see it end... makes sense she departed with grace.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
                  very nice compilation of her work, it gives me, not having been that familiar with her, a real sense of theme and theory. sorrow to see it end... makes sense she departed with grace.
                  I had the same reaction when I saw her exhibit at MoMu. Everything just fell in place.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kompressorkev
                    • Dec 2006

thank you laika for these beautiful pictures! these graceful paintings of modern life. precision with nonchalance, and quiet brilliance. her garments are beautiful and noble, the products of reason and calculation. beautiful and noble, as if they were crafted by Grecian goldsmiths, like an incandescent bird in Byzantium, a light-winged dryad in the trees. i wish i came to appreciate her work sooner; i feel a bit belated coming to apprehend this immense world of delight (of Belgian fashion) only in the past several years. but now there is a quiet pathos in her looking at her work now that she's done. perhaps for me, that heightens that sense of reserved romance i see in her work. i'll miss seeing her collections.

Comment

• Buckwheat
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks Laika. They remind me of good old Raf Simons.

Comment

• jcotteri
                        • Jun 2008

I would like to point out that aw0203 is by far my favourite, but I would love to see more Laika. I really like the photography for ss98, a lovely setting for this kind of garment.
                        WTB: This

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

S/S 03

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

First men's collection
                                A/W 2003-2004

I don't like a man who is too fashion-conscious,
                                I try to design clothes for a man occupied by things other than fashion, though he still has an eye for detail, beautiful fabrics.
                                I find men on the catwalk unattractive.
                                I dream of an open fire and a man in a beautiful suit
                                who enters and sits down with a glass of whisky.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎