• Show
Clear All
  • jj.still
    • Dec 2006

Outstanding

Comment

• maldoror
      • Jun 2007

thanks for the detail shots cas! they reveal a much more interesting/exciting collection than I initially thought.

I find this collection especially interesting in relation to f/w n(n). while both labels are channeling a similarly antique aesthetic, to my eyes, ann's version presents a far more natural and authentic look. perhaps it's the result of ann mining this same aesthetic territory for years now, whereas miyashita has been all over the map of late, but these detail shots in particular reveal a collection that is above all about beautifully constructed garments of subtle complexity; the perfect tailored counterpoint to miyashita's stylist costuming.

Comment

• Brother Stasi
        • Feb 2008

Ok, I think I'm about to commit multiple cases of SZ blasphemy but... too bad. I'll start it off lightly and dig myself a nice little grave....

those pants look awesome, but I highly doubt there is anything special about them to create that stacking other than the fact they are put in high boots which prevents the pants from falling and having a lower breaking point... If one were to want that affect throughout the day I have a sneaking suspicion you'll have to keep pulling the thighs of your pants up and constantly adjusting for just the right drape.....

I'm going to bite my tongue on those sweaters the best I can but.... those hats.... really??!... come on?

ok Drexel... you may see Karl.... all I see is

+

=

Comparing Ann D to Thom Browne... I wonder how long it will be before Faust Bans the Shite out of me...

But other than what I mentioned.... I pretty much loved the collection. haha

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

I liked the costuming in Sweeney Todd....

:D
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

The show was fantastic. Best show along with Rick. I think Ann cut out new territory here - or maybe developed her aesthetic further, if you wish to look at it that way - many cuts were different from before, which is all I wished for. All the coats and knits were incredible.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ironman
              • Apr 2008

god, revisiting this, i wager this is my favourite collection of the season. scrolling through it slowly, i see myself liking almost all of it, which is a big deal for me. that rosebud jacket among other things are simply amazing. i kinda like the hats too, her use of them always seems to work for me

oh and casius, i think the boots may be pony hair or something

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                god, revisiting this, i wager this is my favourite collection of the season. scrolling through it slowly, i see myself liking almost all of it, which is a big deal for me. that rosebud jacket among other things are simply amazing. i kinda like the hats too, her use of them always seems to work for me

oh and casius, i think the boots may be pony hair or something
                that would explain the odd sheen. hopefully the combats are produced in leather too, I don't see myself wearing the boots with the fur

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Yea, I don't like the sheen of them. Normal leather will do just fine.
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Norris
                    • Sep 2008

Fantastic with every look, and beating on the dead horse, those grey and black oversized knits are killing it. Gotta save up now and get it retail the minute it arrives at the shops to fight off competition.
                    ________
                    Motorcycle Tires
                    Last edited by Norris; 05-09-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Honey~Blade
                      • Sep 2006

Hands down my favorite show.

Comment

• rorschach
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gunjah View Post
                        oh my god oh my god

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME !!!

i think if anyone ever makes me broke, then it's ann !
                        i know you guys are going nuts over this in the runway pics but i hate to wonder that perhaps, in person, this thing is next to impossible to pull off. not only that but it'll be like $2k with a questionable shelf life. i dunno.. dont wanna be a hater - i love ann d - but that knit looks great on the runway but is maybe not so great in real life. plus it really reminds me of a galliano knit he'd send out on a norse viking look - lots of visual impact on the runway but feels questionable as a real life article. perhaps i play it too safe for something like this. just my opinion.

otherwise, love the tailored jackets and the trousers this collection. i particularly like the way the darker pieces bunched and draped - as said above, the effect could be entirely due to being tucked into the boots, ala equestrian style. a little bummed on the hats and footwear - generally speaking. the textured (pony?) boots have too much of a sheen and dont love the olive drab. i felt like she had this color in ss 08 and it didnt look so great in person - the color is neither here nor there and feels slightly out of place.. i do give her credit for changing it up a bit but staying 'true' but, to me, it felt like the romantic elements seemed to overwhelm the visceral ones, if that makes any sense.

Comment

• MCC1528
                          • May 2008

I love the sweater and the pants !!!!!

Comment

• jona
                            • Apr 2008

really beautiful. she's managed to pull off a collection that looks thoroughly cool (maybe my fav AD) and new but keep nearly every piece of the collection wearable in any major city in the world (rorschach would beg to differ).

Comment

• random
                              • Dec 2007

not very excited about this collection. really dig this look tho

I don't exist.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

The music was something along these lines (if not the exact composition).
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎