Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catfood
    • Oct 2008

The rose stamped jacket is velvet according to Tim Blanks' review by the way.
    Last edited by Catfood; 01-25-2009, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
      thanks for the detail shots cas! they reveal a much more interesting/exciting collection than I initially thought.

I find this collection especially interesting in relation to f/w n(n). while both labels are channeling a similarly antique aesthetic, to my eyes, ann's version presents a far more natural and authentic look. perhaps it's the result of ann mining this same aesthetic territory for years now, whereas miyashita has been all over the map of late, but these detail shots in particular reveal a collection that is above all about beautifully constructed garments of subtle complexity; the perfect tailored counterpoint to miyashita's stylist costuming.
      Well said. I think we are on the same wave(s)(or line(s)) length,
      reading through the different Autumn/Winter collections.

Just some general thoughts, I don't think Demeulemeester's folds
      and drape bares any relation with constants(or something that stays
      in one place), but they are more inherent to movement, changing
      with different bodies and their movement patterns and lines.

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

One thing have gone through my mind about that heavy knit, is _all_ the dingely things one with the sweater or is some, or all (looks like atleast some of ém comes out of the sweater) a scarf as seen in one picture?

Have to say that this and RO is my favourite, and Doma also lifted himself in my eyes from a too sheer ss09.

Comment

• jona
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by bestial View Post
          One thing have gone through my mind about that heavy knit, is _all_ the dingely things one with the sweater or is some, or all (looks like atleast some of ém comes out of the sweater) a scarf as seen in one picture?

Have to say that this and RO is my favourite, and Doma also lifted himself in my eyes from a too sheer ss09.
          what?

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Bestial- Yea I believe the most of the knit hanging pieces are indeed a scarf.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• rorschach
              • Sep 2008

damn.. cas.. thanks for the detail shots - they warmed me up a bit more.. especially to the hats. i think i need a few more days to stew on this (and look at more detail shots, of course). this is freaking perfect:

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Yea, the detail shots made it for me too. I thought it was good to begin with but after seeing all the layers, accessories, and up close views of the cuts the collection looks really amazing.
                It's taking me a minute to warm up to the hats as to begin with, I was getting a rather 'mad hatter' vibe from them but they match the collection well.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Hopefully I go to the showroom tomorrow to see all the goodness.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                    • Jan 2008

Then a full report, kind sir!
                    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Sergei_S
                      • Jan 2008

Great collection. I love the trousers. Back to slim shapes after pijamas )) Love the jackets also. And will buy a hat definetely!
                      I got weapons

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                        Then a full report, kind sir!
                        As Pink Floyd sings, wish you were here. You'd go bananas. Everything looked outstanding - very elegant, the way only Ann can do. The fabrics are beautiful - lots of wool, lots of interesting patterns. The cuts are her signature, but a bit more streamlined, pre-2006 looseness - which is all I could wish for. The heavy knits are awesome, but pretty damn heavy. The fits are for the most part on a slim side, but not very slim, except the coats (I fit an S in coats, for example, but an M in vests). The boots are very nice - in addition to the standard riding boots, there is one good combat pair, and there is a sneaker with three straps, which is totally awesome, but I wish it were a boot
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
                          The rose stamped jacket is velvet according to Tim Blanks' review by the way.
                          Pretty sure it's shaved fur.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sergei_S
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            , and there is a sneaker with three straps, which is totally awesome, but I wish it were a boot
                            That's interesting.... somebody, please post some pics of that. I'm curios what's it like
                            I got weapons

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

Faust did you happen to get a good look at those combat boots, besides the strap were there any other details like a zip? really hoping they make a leather version as well as the runway model.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                As Pink Floyd sings, wish you were here. You'd go bananas. Everything looked outstanding - very elegant, the way only Ann can do. The fabrics are beautiful - lots of wool, lots of interesting patterns. The cuts are her signature, but a bit more streamlined, pre-2006 looseness - which is all I could wish for. The heavy knits are awesome, but pretty damn heavy. The fits are for the most part on a slim side, but not very slim, except the coats (I fit an S in coats, for example, but an M in vests). The boots are very nice - in addition to the standard riding boots, there is one good combat pair, and there is a sneaker with three straps, which is totally awesome, but I wish it were a boot
                                Thank you Faust, I so wish I was there to.

It sounds very promising, I always love the sound of wool, lots of wool. She has been loose lately, but there has been creeping in more slim pieces also. I was just down trying on a double lapel(white on the inside) black jacket, absolutely stunning, and the XS was a bit tight over the chest, which I thought was surprising, as I wear 46 in Poell. But then again I have a wool jacket from Ann's 07/08 collection and that's a size S.

Anyways I'm really looking forward to this!
                                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍