• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Sergei_S View Post
    That's interesting.... somebody, please post some pics of that. I'm curios what's it like
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
      Faust did you happen to get a good look at those combat boots, besides the strap were there any other details like a zip? really hoping they make a leather version as well as the runway model.
      Oh yea :-) No zippers - I also wished for one. Yes, there is black leather and brown leather. The extra long laces are meant to go around the boot, that's the only other cool detail. But I love the shape.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

thanks for the details Faust, they sound great . the extra long laces that wrap around the back is one of the details I really love about my distressed lace up boots from FW08. I'll have to check these ones out when they hit stores but they are sounding like another winner.

Comment

• justine
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Hummm, not a fan, looks like some footwear at Trash and Vaudeville...

Comment

• grapz
            • Sep 2008

Would of been nice if someone on the runway wore it so we could see the real effect

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by justine View Post
              Hummm, not a fan, looks like some footwear at Trash and Vaudeville...
              Really? I like them a lot actually. I just don't wear sneakers, but I wish there were boots...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• random
                • Dec 2007

the wraps/buckles make 'em look too busy. i was not a huge fan of THE BOOTS for almost the same reason.
                I don't exist.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Those would be really good as boots but I don't mind them at all. It's a good way to follow up on the high dual layer sneakers from Fall 08.
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• rorschach
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                    Those would be really good as boots but I don't mind them at all. It's a good way to follow up on the high dual layer sneakers from Fall 08.
                    god, i still kick myself for not having i kopped those. anyone have a 41 they feel like giving up?? i have mixed feelings about the belted fw09 versions. the straps are reminescent of some double identity pairs i've seen around..

i'd love to see more detail shots of the footwear... annoyed stupid style.com has zzzz raf detail shots but no AD.

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

Short vid of the end of the show.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Catfood
                        • Oct 2008

Poem written in Ann's own hand describing the inspiration for the show:
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/themomentblog/3229107512/

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Is this from The Moment blog on NYT? And here I was thinking that I shouldn't post mine because it's precious.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Catfood
                            • Oct 2008

Yeah, that's where it's from.

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

I wrote a short critical rewiew of the show for a french blog/forum :

Main ideas are following. Let's see if you agree.

1°) Ann does Ann : losange shape silhouettes (high butonned jackets, large waist, narrow lower part), hats/boots combination + pants tucked into the boots (which remind the FW 07 and FW 04 collections - including the strap detail on the top of the boots), layered structured outfits, importance of the waistcoat pieces...
                              No real big changes : fans are happy, non fans get borred.

2°) This year : 18th century military/aristocratic inspiration, which was present in other collections too, like N(N).

3°) Novelties and/or evolutions :
                              - tighter outfits, with 30% more structure.

Silhouettes are more formal and dressed, and the layering principle is no more deconstructing the silhouette but tends rather to enhanced a more structured/almost architectural outline, even though some deconstructed pieces are still there, like the beautifull oversized knitted cardigan + huge scarf combination.

- more precious, i.e. mostly shinny, materials, echoing the poneyfur boots, for example.

- in the continuation of FW 08, Ann continues to enlarges her colour palette, with this season beautifull grey or green/brown camaïeus.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Sounds right to me. Not sure about the 30% part though. Makes it sounds like you actually did some sort of calculation. Also, I am not sure if the tighter silhouette is an evolution. I think it's more of a return to pre S/S 06.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎