• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mutterlein
    • Dec 2006

Re: New American Menswear collection: Robert Geller FW07-08

I do like vincent gallo...

I think this guy was the ideas behind Cloak, Alexandre was the stylist. And seperate neither have been that impressive. I'm interested in what the prices are like. A couple of things have struck my fancy and I'll be in the city all summer and early fall...

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

Vincent Gallo seems to have some fashion pull nowadays - considering that I think he's the current model for the YSL Spring menswear campaign. He's like the smarmier, oilier Euro version of Tony Ward... which, say what you will, has its own appeal.

I always saw Geller as more of the stylist, but judging from the cuts I saw in his collection, he's definitely no slouch in the design department . I say he's the stylist because the way he dresses is definitely in sync with what he shows on his models - he is his own customer in a way.

Comment

• explicit
        • Jan 2007

i'm very excited for this line.
        until recently, cloak was my favorite company and- as i'm more into the work around the time geller was still involved with the label- i see his individual line as a natural evolution /progression as it seems like a toned-down (or more adult, maybe?) version of some of what was produced then.

and, well, i'm a sucker for french new wave so the name-dropping didn't hurt either.

Comment

• Running om Empty
          • Mar 2007

I agree with the sentiments expressed above. While I love Cloak, I felt some of their pieces were overdesigned. It seems like he took most of the stylings of Cloak and made sure it was mostly functional. I'm a sucker for that brief point where function and fashion intersect.

Are there any new pictures for this line?

Comment

• cem
            • Apr 2007

Great news!

I was told by a friend that HTC at Fred Segal will also be carrying Robert Geller.

I hope Barneys New York carries this line also...

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Great news. I'm really initerested in checking these pieces out in person come Fall.
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
                • Oct 2006

They updated his website. Not too many photos, but you can check store info there:

I'm meeting up with him tomorrow, might get more scoops on his business. Seems like the response has been phenomenal, though. Considering the hole in the market made by Cloak's closing, this should fill it in nicely - and at a lower price point.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

wow, i'm definitely liking the looks on the web site. bakla, will you be helping with geller's operations? keep us posted!
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Thank you for the link Bakla. I'm sure he's going to do pretty well with this line, especially considering his prices are very fair.

On an off topic note; Do you happen to know what's happening with Harald? They haven't updated that site in forever!

Comment

• explicit
                      • Jan 2007

Wow. As I thought, I want pretty much all of it.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

The Cloakish pieces are pretty cool, but that 70's pieces I'm not so keen on. It will be interesting to see in person - thanks for the store list.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]wow, i'm definitely liking the looks on the web site. bakla, will you be helping with geller's operations? keep us posted!
                          [/quote]

I'm just a fan, I actually have nothing to do with his business. But I've liked Robert since I met him at Cloak in the summer of 2004, and we've kept in touch. The interesting thing is, of all the pieces I bought from Cloak from the 2003 collections onward, I think they're mostly ones that Robert had a hand in designing!

Comment

• kucejoe
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]Oh I wonder how long it will take to get to me here in the great white north.
                            [/quote]

Well, according to the website, not that long. Luckily for you (and me) Reborn will be carrying it. Yay.

As a general statement, I like it, but what I am excited about is the price-points...I may actually be able to afford some of this .

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="kucejoe"]

Well, according to the website, not that long. Luckily for you (and me) Reborn will be carrying it. Yay.

As a general statement, I like it, but what I am excited about is the price-points...I may actually be able to afford some of this .

[/quote]

Yea, I might actually be able to afford this at retail! [:)]

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Where do you guys see the prices?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎