• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: New American Menswear collection: Robert Geller FW07-08

as per bakla,

Sales are apparently very good for this first collection, and in New York, both Camouflage and Odin will be featuring Geller's line heavily for Fall 2007. This is likely because the price points are very reasonable for what is categorized as a contemporary brand, but is essentially a designer label.

since Odin doesn't really carry anything that breaks the wallet (if compared to A) it would make sense that the price points would be a little more tame. However, this is all speculation for the time being.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• dunaj
      • Feb 2007

[quote user="Faust"]Where do you guys see the prices?
      [/quote]

To be more exact, the DNR article scan that bakla posted says ?Jackets will retail for $450-$600,
      pants $150-$300 and shirts $150-$250.?

I am very, very excited for this collection to hit stores.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ Oh, I see - thanks.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

Just had lunch with Robert today and it's really nice when people who have such a grasp on both style AND the business of fashion are as pleasant as he is. Seems he's off to a great start, with major stores calling about the line, when it's usually the other way around. New businesses/brands often have to negotiate extensively with stores to even look at their lines. Even with his abbreviated presentation, Robert was able to garner not only a lot of retailer attention, but also land quite a few stores who will be carrying him in the Fall.

What's also good to know is that he confirmed he wants to maintain the lower/more reasonable price points, while maintaining the designer point of view. He's looking at this as a business as much as he is expressing his fashion style, and he sees the line as integrating into a modern man's wardrobe, mixing well both with its own components as well as with other brands. He's also very particular about making sure the brand grows organically, and already has a very clear idea of how he will add on to the lines with each season. I can't wait to see how it all develops.

He gave me a lookbook that's quite impressive in its presentation, although there are no newer photographs than what you already see on his website. I'll scan it in later and post it here.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

Just had lunch with Robert today and it's really nice when people who have such a grasp on both style AND the business of fashion are as pleasant as he is. Seems he's off to a great start, with major stores calling about the line, when it's usually the other way around. New businesses/brands often have to negotiate extensively with stores to even look at their lines. Even with his abbreviated presentation, Robert was able to garner not only a lot of retailer attention, but also land quite a few stores who will be carrying him in the Fall.

What's also good to know is that he confirmed he wants to maintain the lower/more reasonable price points, while maintaining the designer point of view. He's looking at this as a business as much as he is expressing his fashion style, and he sees the line as integrating into a modern man's wardrobe, mixing well both with its own components as well as with other brands. He's also very particular about making sure the brand grows organically, and already has a very clear idea of how he will add on to the lines with each season. I can't wait to see how it all develops.

He gave me a lookbook that's quite impressive in its presentation, although there are no newer photographs than what you already see on his website. I'll scan it in later and post it here.

[/quote]

What's his website address? I can't seem to find it on google.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mass
              • Sep 2006

http://www.robertgeller-ny.com/

Comment

• nairb49
                • Dec 2006

Ah, thanks for the info Kucejoe, I am indeed very interested in seeing this in person. I was just there the other day, so it must be the next F/W?

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Via Refinery 29...

It's like I have a secret, and I'm smiling at everybody," says Robert Geller, the 30-year-old designer, when asked about his eponymous line launching this fall. Geller, who began his design life with an internship at Marc Jacobs, quickly followed by a CFDA award for his partnership with Alexander Plohkov for Cloak, and, most recently, his own critically acclaimed, albeit short-lived, womenswear line, Harald, is on a definite roll, having just added an engagement to his good fortune. But it's his anticipated new take on relaxed menswear that has followers of the young Geller feeling lucky, too.

Less than a year ago, a still-wish-to-be-unnamed fashion company approached Geller to start his own menswear label, allowing him to put womenswear temporarily on the back-burner for his true calling. Although designed in only a month's time, the 45-piece debut collection is a reflection of Geller's own personal inclinations in clothing, picking items that he felt were missing from his own wardrobe rather than playing the old "will my girlfriend think this is cool" trick.

Incorporating timeless dress pieces like oxford shirts and tailored trousers with sportswear staples such as hoodies and waffle-weave long underwear, Geller looked to '60s French actor Jean-Paul Belmondo to achieve a classic but decidedly hip collection that also includes hand-crafted leather suspenders and belts, hats, and jewelry designed in collaboration with the Japanese line Driftwood. "I'm not a prissy person," says Geller. "I like things that you can wear, throw on the floor, pick up and it still looks cool. Men are not willing to go too crazy with their clothing, and I don't think they should. Good clothing should be a nice color, a nice fabric, a beautiful cut. But it should have details that make it something special."

For next spring, Geller is looking to American icon James Dean, as well as other rebellious types like '70s skateboard Gods the Z-Boys for influence in what is likely to be a departure from his previous collections. Skateboard T-shirts in luminous colors paired with Chesterfield shorts, blazers, and caps will make up the new silhouette, which Geller sums up simply as "easy." Yet Geller maintains despite his new interest in bright hues, "I don't think anyone should look like an Easter egg. I want it to have stealthy elegance."

"This opportunity is kind of like a dream in a way. It's like a playground for a kid," says Geller, whose spring line will also mark his expansion into sunglasses and shoes, and talks are already in the works for a New York flagship store. "I have all the resources to do amazing things now."

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

the write up on the s/s collection sounds really interesting. anyone know if he is doing footwear in the fall/winter collection?

Comment

• e.i.
                      • May 2007

There were supposed to be shoes for f/w 07... but last I heard they were put off on the back burner for next season. With only 3 months from the concept of the brand to the first runway show; I can only imagine what all got left behind in the scramble.

But for those of you lucky enough toget a chance tomeet Geller, look at his feet. Most likely he'll be wearing a pair of his would-be F/W 07 canvas wingtip's... I'm still kind of sad they didn't make it this time around.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

2nd season, and his ideas are banal already. I hope he makes up for them with good clothes.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• e.i.
                          • May 2007

Not that if matters Fausty but those were the would bef/w 07, not the might be s/s 08. They looked realy nice in person, but there wasa reason they didn't make the final cut I'm sure...

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

merz how you were you able to order from the linesheet? is the linesheet a pdf or a physical copy? if it's in pdf, can you share it with us? ;)

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

Merz, was this a personal order, or do you order for a store?

Comment

• bakla
                                • Oct 2006

It seems a lot of store buyers definitely put in quite a few
                                personals as well, from what I heard. When the buyers like the items
                                themselves, that's a good sign.

On another note, Den, Odin owner Eddie Chai's new boutique which
                                will feature a new designer/label exclusively in the store every 4 to 6
                                weeks (currently opening with Cheap Monday) is featuring Robert
                                Geller's line in the near future.In contrast to Odin, which will carry
                                Geller's line as well, Den will feature exclusive items not necessarily
                                found elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎