• Oct 2006

Re: New American Menswear collection: Robert Geller FW07-08

[quote user="therapysessions"]

I'm glad you liked it. Robert has really opened my eyes to the
    possibilities of great design and quality at solid, realistic price
    points. We talked a lot about it,he's been really open and helpful
    about me and my own line. It's certainly made me rethink my pricepoints
    and goals.

I'll be working the show, look out for the only non-japanese asian guy working with robert haha.

[/quote]

I'll be the non-Japanese Asian guy who actually looks Japanese coming to greet him and Danny after the show!

Comment

• nairb49
      • Dec 2006

another one of us in the business! congrats mouko!

Now, you can convince him to come to other cities in Canada!!

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Finally got to check it out. Odin in New York on Lafayette has it, the location on 11th st. said they're getting it in this week. I tried on a bunch of stuff, overall it's promising but nothing grabbed me enough to make a purchase. It also seems to me he has to work out some kinks in his sizing/cut. The best of the bunch was the bomber/blazer, my biggest problem was the material, it was a bit casual/cheap rather than elegant. The fit was OK, though maybe on the short side, I don't mind super short blazers but with the ribbed part on the bottom the fit was a bit unflattering for me (for reference, size 46 fit best, and I'm 46 in dior and XS in recent cloak). I might have gotten it, but after getting a Cloak bomber for $200 and grey leather jacket for $500, I couldn't justify spending $425 on this. The other stuff I tried on was a button up with a mandarin collar which was nice with cool details, but I'm swimming in nice button ups. I tried some grey jeans with zipper back pockets that were very skinny and some black pants that had a fuller cut with a bit of a flare at the bottom. Again, sizing was weird, I'm 46 in most brands but 48 here was tight on the waist but loose on the legs. Also tried the DB cardi, I didn't like how close the buttons were at the bottom and how deep the V was, again a bit unflattering in the torso. Maybe this stuff will fit someone else beautifully, but Cloak fit me like it was made for me while everything seemed a bit off from Geller. Overall, I'm still excited about this collection and looking forward to what else comes out. I really like the look, but right now there aren't any individual pieces that fill a void in my wardrobe.
        music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ Funny you should say this. Our Montreal brethren were not impressed with it either. I haven't seen any of it in person yet...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="casem83"]Finally got to check it out. Odin in New York on Lafayette has it, the location on 11th st. said they're getting it in this week. I tried on a bunch of stuff, overall it's promising but nothing grabbed me enough to make a purchase. It also seems to me he has to work out some kinks in his sizing/cut. The best of the bunch was the bomber/blazer, my biggest problem was the material, it was a bit casual/cheap rather than elegant. The fit was OK, though maybe on the short side, I don't mind super short blazers but with the ribbed part on the bottom the fit was a bit unflattering for me (for reference, size 46 fit best, and I'm 46 in dior and XS in recent cloak). I might have gotten it, but after getting a Cloak bomber for $200 and grey leather jacket for $500, I couldn't justify spending $425 on this. The other stuff I tried on was a button up with a mandarin collar which was nice with cool details, but I'm swimming in nice button ups. I tried some grey jeans with zipper back pockets that were very skinny and some black pants that had a fuller cut with a bit of a flare at the bottom. Again, sizing was weird, I'm 46 in most brands but 48 here was tight on the waist but loose on the legs. Also tried the DB cardi, I didn't like how close the buttons were at the bottom and how deep the V was, again a bit unflattering in the torso. Maybe this stuff will fit someone else beautifully, but Cloak fit me like it was made for me while everything seemed a bit off from Geller. Overall, I'm still excited about this collection and looking forward to what else comes out. I really like the look, but right now there aren't any individual pieces that fill a void in my wardrobe.
            [/quote]

I went to Odin to try on the production. This first delivery was composed of the more casual pieces. The tuxedo bomber is really more of a casual jacket since it's made of cotton, and I see it as meant to be worn like an early Fall jacket casually, as opposed to a statement piece. I suppose the tuxedo bit can throw one off. I fit the 48 at the showroom and the 48 fits me perfectly here too - nice to see the production is consistent. I too wear a 46 in Dior, and the 48 was fitted to the point that this is not a jacket to layer anything underneath. Like you I have the collarless shirts from Cloak, so I don't need any more, even if the details here are really great. I found that the 46 grey zip pants fit me perfectly, and I think I need to get them. This just confirms that the sizing is very Japanese, much like Cloak's sizing back in 2004. The flare legged trousers had me a bit puzzled, because we just got rid of that bootcut recently, yet aside from Geller I know a few other designers are doing them again this fall (what's up with that? A reaction to all the skinny jeans?) I agree about the cardi - it didn't fit me right either.

Like merz said,, the next deliveries should be the ones that make more of a statement. These are the early Fall ones, the pieces that you can wear now, while the weather hasn't quite cooled down yet. I'm looking forward to the outerwear in particular, although Geller's designs are a little more restrained than Cloak's were, with fewer tabs, epaulets and buttons.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Did anyone notice if Odin has the standard u-neck sweatshirt in? I tried to email them to no avail, so I guess I'll just call and see if they'll ship across the US. I really just want those jeans and the sweatshirt.
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Did anyone notice if Odin has the standard u-neck sweatshirt in? I tried to email them to no avail, so I guess I'll just call and see if they'll ship across the US. I really just want those jeans and the sweatshirt.[/quote]

The sweatshirt isn't there yet. You'd probably do better to call them rather than email.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Thanks Bakla. Yea, I'll just give them a call and ask them. Maybe I'll wait a week or so till the sweatshirt comes in or maybe Scout should be getting both the pieces I want in sometime soon.

(Bummed I'm not gonna be able to go to the Geller trunk show thing in a week... :( )
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I went to Odin today, too, while I was waiting for Zam. I found the few pieces they had a very amature effort. It did not look well made, and was pretty generic. Will wait for the next delivery.

Zam's stuff on the other hand was exquisite [Y]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cbdas
                      • Oct 2006

his ss08 show is today , isnt it ?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

anyone know when and where it is? invite only?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

I just got back. Am writing and posting photos and video on my blog in a few minutes. It was a good show, although the editorial looks shown are more than I would ever wear in NY summers. The turnout was great - easily 500% more people than the Fall show, Don't know if you guys are gonna love it (lotsa bright colors!), but I've already earmarked some pieces I want.

Comment

• cbdas
                            • Oct 2006

Looking forward to it . Someone did meantion the bright colours a few months back in this thread . Kind of the reason i bumped the thread because im pretty curious .

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

Robert Geller SS08 presentation

The video is taking forever to upload to my blog, so I'm uploading the pics here:

Review and 'runway' video on my blog as soon as the damn thing uploads! Sorry, these images are 960 pixels wide, so SZ's formatting is cutting them off and I'm not sure how to fix it. Full pics on my blog.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Re: Robert Geller SS08 presentation

Bakla, if you use imageshack.us, there should be an option there, resize for forums.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎