Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • semper
    • Feb 2009

looking at this collection again, dsquared all of a sudden came to my mind...... I think it has to do with the fact that Julius, and especially FW1011, hints at eroticism much more than other designers in this forum do.
    Where Ann is about romantic connotations and RO is about volumes, Julius is about sex?

From now on, dsquared is the guido version of Julius to me
    sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

^Not seeing that at all. Care to explain?
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

lol im not seein the connection either i even went and looked up dsquareds runway to see what it looked like
        Last edited by jogu; 08-30-2010, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• semper
          • Feb 2009

I'm not sure myself either. Looking at the pics again, I think it's the torn trousers (pic with red jacket), the straps hanging from trousers and the pockets on trousers. Plus the abundant use of leather.
          I haven't looked at dsquared, so maybe it's a very old collection I'm thinking of. It just gave me that vibe.
          sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• tricotineacetat
            • Aug 2009

Sure, there is a fetishistic element coming from bondage and SM to the styling that could be understood as somewhat sexually ambiguous... but isn't it quite a common sight in punk/goth fashions anyway?

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

has anyone handled the cowl neck leather from this collection? curious about how heavy the cow nubuck leather is..

Comment

• Raw
                • Oct 2009

Just from comparing pics from anchor-mind, which i think is the best site for detailed fit pics, it looks a little thinner than the lamb nubuck from 09FW. I could be wrong though

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

I tried it on at hlrz a couple of days ago, it looks way better in person!! And the leather is substantial, not thin in anyway in my opinion.

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

Two part Isetan interview with Tatsuro Horikawa in Japanese.

Comment

• cooldudeguy3000
                      • Jun 2010

By far and away one of the most exciting collections I've seen... I am very interested in seeing more fit pics of the rider or the cowl neck. Plus, I need to try and find a way to try one on so I can gauge what size I might be...

Comment

• modalsaliency
                        • May 2010

327BLM100 (http://www.idheart.net/products/detail4176.html) is actually by far my favorite of the season, though it seems to have been glossed over by everyone in favor of the less minimalist pieces. I think someone mentioned that it wasn't even being produced, but it looks to be available later this month.

Also it looks like they finally made the sleeves longer, over which I'm ecstatic.

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by dji View Post
                          has anyone handled the cowl neck leather from this collection? curious about how heavy the cow nubuck leather is..
                          I just handled it recently and I have to say it isn't a light weight piece. But then again it's not as heavy as some Rick leathers, so I would classify it to be around mid-weight. It feels very substantial and probably needs to be broken into a before it starts to get comfortable.

Comment

• Lane
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by semper View Post
                            looking at this collection again, dsquared all of a sudden came to my mind...... I think it has to do with the fact that Julius, and especially FW1011, hints at eroticism much more than other designers in this forum do.
                            Where Ann is about romantic connotations and RO is about volumes, Julius is about sex?

From now on, dsquared is the guido version of Julius to me
                            I find it quite strange that's what you gather from the collection. I see almost nothing hinting at that. Especially from this collection, which has so much emphasis on dark connotations.

Comment

• May 2007

If it's the 317blm4 model, I'm a 50 and the size 4 fit me, if a bit tight in the sleeves...and I usually can't fit into Julius jackets comfortably. The leather was fairly thick but not overly so. I'm hoping that the sleeves will stretch a bit.

***have to update this, I just picked it up at A, and the fit on this is looser. It fits very well for a 50, sleeves are not skin tight at all

Originally posted by cooldudeguy3000 View Post
                              By far and away one of the most exciting collections I've seen... I am very interested in seeing more fit pics of the rider or the cowl neck. Plus, I need to try and find a way to try one on so I can gauge what size I might be...
                              Last edited by image; 10-29-2010, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

from mid-winter collection, texture are really amazing.
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎