Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Ok, so today there were no lines, but I think only 200 people or so were invited. Lots of fashion editors, stylists, actors, etc.

It probably took me 20 minutes of wandering around before I even touched anything, there was that much stuff. It's *sort of* arranged by brand, but some of it is mixed in with other stuff. Lots of stuff from the Rolling Stones collection. Lots of wallets, but none of the better ones... mostly ones with weird emblems and such on them. They had basically every collection I could think of, I didn't really notice anything missing. I was looking for full suits, so it was annoying to find a blazer in my size, and then not be able to find the matching pants. Most sizes were represented pretty well, but I imagine most of the Smalls are gone by now. I basically found everything I was looking for. Only a few items from Junya F/W '07 (my favorite), I picked up the pants. I barely even looked at the womens stuff because it was so overwhelming. Everything was 70% off, except for CDG Black, which was only 50% off for some reason. I don't think they are charging tax.

Here's what I got:

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Oh also, they said they are restocking every day, but they also said all of the best stuff is out now, and the rest might be closer to filler.

Comment

• K.T.
        • Jan 2011

Just curious, those are the Evergreen reissue or the original ones CDGH+ AW 93-4?

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Evergreen

Comment

• Vanna
            • May 2008

Really great pickups Mike. Going after work today, I think I'm gonna faint. Any pleated skirts?
            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

Literally only one, and my friend bought it. Maybe they'll add more, but I heard nothing was added between yesterday and today.

Comment

• Vanna
                • May 2008

Aaah, that's too bad. That's really the only thing I wanted. But I'm sure I'll be able to find other things that I will convince myself I can't live without.
                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

Is it possible to buy seperate pieces of a suit?
                  Would be interested in Sz. S - M on the pants on this suit, for I have the jacket :) Nice pick-ups btw... I also like the dip-dyed suit very much!
                  I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

do you need an invite to get in?

Comment

• bluespring
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                      do you need an invite to get in?
                      No, you don't need to. I waited about an hour to get in but left empty handed. It's true there's a massive selection but not a lot in S or XS. As Mike said, finding a full suit is pain and considering most of the stuff has been pick over from yesterday, it will be pure luck to even find matching pieces right now. The place is dim light and overly crowded.

They do have nice selection of CDG Homme + shoes. Would love to have those clown looking one's from fall 09 but I don't have the wardrobe to pull it off.

I think the sale is a bust you are better off getting a full suit at YAJ.

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

Of course you can buy individual pieces of a suit, but trust me, I searched high and low for those pants in one size larger and they had none, so that's basically the last of it.

I'm surprise to hear anyone leaving empty handed. There is SO much, the only tricky part is finding a full suit.

Comment

• t-bone
                          • Dec 2009

yeah plenty of stuff in all sizes, but i don't need more individual blazers, so i took a handful that i liked and tried to find ANY matching pants and couldn't. ended up with a single pair of pants, but my girlfriend took quite a haul.

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

Some really beautiful pieces. I ended up with a pair of lovely lightweight wool skirt pants! Yay.
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I saw probably 10 SZers there today, and probably 10 more that I don't know, lol.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

i remembered why I have never bought any Junya stuff, not my bag at all

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎