Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

^ Yea, well the small amount of Junya they had was especially bad. I would've been in heaven if they had more of his recent dandy stuff, but what was there all seemed pretty old and left over for a reason.

I was there first thing this morning but left empty handed. It's true the selection was huge, but it all started to look the same (so many blazers!). I had a handful of things but nothing worked out when I got a sliver of mirror space. I guess it was a mixture of losing my patience, not knowing what fits me as I don't own any CDG and realizing there's a reason I don't own any CDG. The one thing I was hoping to walk away with was a funky pant, something drop crotched or cropped but I was unsuccessful. Vanna, your takeaway sounds good!
    music

Comment

• nqth
      • Sep 2006

looks so good Mike!

some pics are up at the cdg paris blog (spotted some tartan - i want some tartan:)

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

I had a good time...checked out the line yesterday, but was told about a 2-hour wait, so went back this morning. Nary an XS in sight...and only managed to find maybe 2 or 3 Smalls. I wanted a simple black blazer, and found that in my size, so I'm happy. Was nice to see some perfumes for $20 as well.

Anyway...glad I made it. Was told Monday will be an interesting day..alas, I'm not in town that day.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• mike
          • Dec 2006

anybody in paris wanna go to a sale for me on friday the 13th?

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

^Hey, that's the day I will be arriving in Paris. Which sale are you referring to?
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• jyeom12
              • Nov 2009

cdg sale wasn't really good - on sat and sun at least - nothing in xs, some s, but not many, no black cdg line at all for men. too many people with too loud of a music inside.

Comment

• kagitsune
                • Nov 2010

Bought my first CDG piece at the sale. So glad I randomly dropped in to the flagship earlier that morning, or else I likely wouldn't have known anything of it. :) It was a toss-up between those sweet "clog" shoes or a classic twisted sweater. Went with the sweater - surprisingly comfortable! I am even more impressed. :)

I saw a lot of S sizes myself.... maybe they had added more on Saturday or something? :/
                Originally posted by Yohji Yamamoto, on his second Paris show
                From the next collection it became a war. I didn't want a war but too much attack made me fight.' And you are a good fighter, I say, referring to his black belt in karate. 'I am,' he nods.

Comment

• jyeom12
                  • Nov 2009

that is weird... i was one of the first few that went in on both sat and sun but only saw a few size s pieces... maybe i looked at wrong places. I personally like cdg a lot, and was expecting a lot from this sample sale... but ended up getting nothing from it... bit disappointed

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

There were so many resellers that it was amazing anything interesting was left at all. People were just stuffing shit in bags.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

All of the people I saw seemed to be shopping for themselves, but it was so crazy that im sure there were resellers for sure.

Im wondering who ended up buying the 300 blazers in size xl???
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

i went to the sale on friday when it first opened up to the public. managed to get a spot on line very close to the door and was joined by some friends. lets just say you could feel the anticipation jolt through everyone. there was no doubt that this was a big deal. it was impeccably organized and the dover street staff were overly helpful and even managed to seem like they were enjoying the atmosphere, which is amazing considering how frenzied it was at times and how hard they worked to keep the try-on racks clear. the music set the tone nicely, and they wisely handed out giant, i mean GIANT bags to throw things in, people were dragging 4 and 5 around behind them.

in true sisterhood spirit, our team of cdgirls decided our game plan was to key in on very specific seasons and to grab anything that each might like, so we covered everyones desires. this turned out to work well...its how i scored my most recent favorite thing in the world, a 04 witches jacket as well as a robe de chambre skirt, and in i turn found a couple of fantastic junya skirts and tops for my friends.

i have a feeling friday morning when it first opened was the best selection (other than mike's lucky foray), there were gobs of elusive jewels to be found. it was also very obvious by sections of ignored groups of garments these were not very strong collections...shall we say.

we ran into favorite sz friends...that i would love to see more of sometime soon...;-) and also saw the usual cdg iconic ladies about town.

the stage with the mirrors was the only scary element, it was hogged by guys who obviously didnt consider wearing modest undergarments, i dont know, perhaps that was their plan to scare away anyone else from getting near their spot...it worked. we tended to model on each other and eventually made our way to the wall of mirrors for final editing. all in all the there is no doubt in my mind that this was, a once in a lifetime, avant garde theater, juicy people-watching, and severely impressive shopping event.

Last edited by rider; 05-10-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

inside

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

^^ love the bag.

It doesn't look nearly as crowded as when I went on Saturday.

There was definitely an advantage to having friends with you. I unfortunately had to go alone, so I made nice with another loner so we could advise on fits, etc. That stage was scary...people were pretty much naked.

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

^Ooh, nice pickups.

So I went back on Sunday and found a womens wool skirt with assymetrical seams and some pleating.

Also picked up a white zip up dress shirt, and a sleeveless t-shirt. Will post better pics later.
                              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• jyeom12
                                • Nov 2009

nice pics! I guess I should've went on friday

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎