X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arc
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by reborn View Post
    OSA, when they are having sale, usually has a decent sale selection (30% to 50% off): Chrome Hearts, Oliver Peoples, Gold and Wood, Retrospecs, IC Berlin, etc. Also, I was at Morgenthal Fredrics this weekend...they had decent selection of frames on sale.

I got a pair of Chrome Hearts for $700 and a pair of IC Berlin for $450

Comment

• MWNN
      Banned
      • Mar 2011

Carerra Aviator rocks. Own 3 pairs in different colors. Also have LV millionaires for me its a piece of art but it looks really shiny and kinda rapper style

Comment

• messenoire
        • Nov 2009

i am on the search for black/black sunglasses and cannot for the life of me find any that i really want. i've seen a few from mykita i am keen to but nothing that jumps out. i might just say fuck it and get dior homme black tie sunglasses. i like a less rounded frame and of course all black. i saw a pair of ysl wayfarer style sunglasses i've liked as well but the lenses didnt look dark enough for me and a wayfarer is just a wayfarer. any suggestions on what to look at? being specific/links will be appreciated.
        Last edited by messenoire; 03-23-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
          • Dec 2010

I've only been wearing glasses for about 5 months now, but does anyone feel like your face gets warmer when you wear glasses? I wear the Oliver Peoples NDG-1's and I always feel like taking my glasses off when I get too hot. Is it the acetate that it's made of or all glasses do that?
          "My Roll is to Rock"
          -Jimmy Page

Comment

• nekroterrorist
            • Jan 2011

I've been rocking these hipster things for this last few years, but I really like them and how the frame looks depending on the light. In bright light, it's obviously (faux) tortoise shell, but looks very black in darker settings.

Comment

• eton97
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Carpe Noctem View Post
              I've only been wearing glasses for about 5 months now, but does anyone feel like your face gets warmer when you wear glasses? I wear the Oliver Peoples NDG-1's and I always feel like taking my glasses off when I get too hot. Is it the acetate that it's made of or all glasses do that?
              I always had that problem - it's the acetate that makes you get sweaty........I now wear buffalo horn frames and I just dont have that problem anymore.....they are far far more comfortable and because they are a natural material, breath far better

Originally posted by nekroterrorist View Post
              I've been rocking these hipster things for this last few years
              i like the shape and colour.....but just hate anything with brand advertising on the outside....especially D&G
              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I don't wear glasses, and so rarely pay attention to them, but a friend of mine has a really beautiful pair of Jil Sander's, made of black wood. You can see the texture of the wood, it's really gorgeous.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eton97
                  • Dec 2008

Comment

• rudo
                    • Feb 2009

^These look nice, can I get more info on what they are? I'm really trying to get a replacement/alternative to my current pair and it's not that easy but these might be able to do it.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Is that the German maker? If so, I've handled them, and they're very nice.

Wooden glasses are so delicate though, it's really terrifying to me. I think my next pair will be from derapage.
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by rudo View Post
                        ^These look nice, can I get more info on what they are?
                        Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                        Is that the German maker? If so, I've handled them, and they're very nice.

theetruscan.....yes german.....

never handled or considered wooden frames as i would worry general sweat and grease would eventually the wood around the nose and where they contact the sides of the face.....

as stated, for me, buffalo is the only way forward

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                          http://www.herrlicht.de/index.php

theetruscan.....yes german.....

never handled or considered wooden frames as i would worry general sweat and grease would eventually the wood around the nose and where they contact the sides of the face.....

as stated, for me, buffalo is the only way forward
                          That maker and M.A.D.E. both make beautiful wooden frames. I believe they're varnished/sealed, and sweat and grease are not problems. But you have to be quite careful as they aren't nearly as sturdy as metal or plastic frames.
                          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• jumpoff
                            • Jan 2008

I've always been a fan of Number (N)ine's eyewear, but the collection Miyashita have done with Oliver Peoples for the Soloist really is something else. Can't believe I'm salivating over clip-ons.

Comment

• MWNN
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2011

Like this glasses !

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Well, you are from Monaco, so that should work. Don't forget the money-dispenser on the back of your Ferrari.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎