Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

Well I've been wearing glasses since I was 10 so I've made eyewear part of my accessories. I have quite a few pairs of sunglasses but my favorite as of late are from Oliver Goldsmith. I drawn to acetate frames even though I have more metal framed sunglasses.

i call these my beehives...

Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• May 2007

I was planning on making a sunglass thread...

Barton Perreira makes fantastic sunglasses. The voyeur model in gunmetal are on my face almost every day.

Mykita makes some aviators which have an almost invisible frame and are super lightweight titanium.

Dita makes a limited edition line called lancier also top quality and look great on almost everyone.

Black Optical in Tulsa is where I end up buying most of my sunglasses (including all the ones listed above), great guy and very helpful quick emails.

I'll add links to pictures when I have time later today.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Veronique Branquinho x Linda Farrow. I will be getting these for sure.
        And of course the good old Helmut Lang titanium aviators.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sshum88
          • Dec 2007

I've got a pair of the Mykita's which fits the desc that you posted...they are a modified aviator with a finish that almost seems white in some light but transluscent in bright sunlight. If you're looking for something super light weight, Mykita and IC! Berlin make some of the lightest frames out there for prescription and sunglasses.

Originally posted by image View Post
          I was planning on making a sunglass thread...

Mykita makes some aviators which have an almost invisible frame and are super lightweight titanium.
          Originally posted by eat me
          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
            • Mar 2009

Those VB shades are rather cool Faust. The entire frame is also bound in leather. The size and shape suits most facial shapes.
            Although with extreme heat and rigorous wear the leather slowly peels away.
            Good quality product non the less.
            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• anatomicut
              • Jun 2009

nice thread.
              summer comes need new sunglass
              how about this? -AM EYEWEAR from austrailia
              COBSEY PRICE 250-300USD

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                ive never tried on incog's. are they very impractical, minus all the attention? they seem like they would hurt your nose.
                Yes, they do. I really only bought them because they are so radical. To wear them is near impossible - mostly I found myself taking them off because of the mad stares you get before my nose ever started hurting.
                Faust reminded me of an amazing pair of HL Titanium shades (similar to Incogs in as much as they had one continuous lens) which I didn't buy at Browns - a decision I have regretted ever since.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• fenrost
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2009

personally i always liked anne et valentin

and some of the more classic theo's titanium frames, handcrafted in antwerp, really well made.
                  Last edited by fenrost; 03-18-2010, 07:36 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Lumina View Post
                    Nice thread, even if I don't wear any, I find the diversity of frames and shapes impressive.

These by Linda Farrow are fun
                    Is that the Farrow+Mickey Mouse colab?

I like the classic shape and style of Wayfarers, but I find they're often too big for the wearer. Same goes for the sought after Marcello frames by Geller. I have a similar, yet sized down pair of frames by Barton Perreira. It was remarkable how challenging it was to find a simple and classic design. Lenses could be swapped out for tints.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                      Those VB shades are rather cool Faust. The entire frame is also bound in leather. The size and shape suits most facial shapes.
                      Although with extreme heat and rigorous wear the leather slowly peels away.
                      Good quality product non the less.
                      Really? Hmmm, that sucks.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                        personally i always liked anne et valentin
                        ^^ YES. i own two pairs of anne et valentin's. really nice and fits me well.

also, there's a cutler and gross pop-up store on bond st, nyc. went in for a look-see and the selection was ok. i believe they will close in april.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                          I rock the damir x farrow wayfarer from last season.

[xIMG]http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/damir-doman-linda-farrow-wayfarers-01.jpg[/IMG]
                          I have a pair of these, but rarely wear them because the shape is difficult. They aren't as wayfarer-shaped as the picture makes them look. I can only pull them off when my hair is messy/covering part of my face.

I also have a pair of these Persols that I wear more frequently. Hardly unique but they suit me, and they don't look silly when I'm just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Originally posted by jogu
                          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• christianef
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Veronique Branquinho x Linda Farrow. I will be getting these for sure.
                            aw, those are cool. i saw a picture from the front initially and was wondering why they were listed as white leather. .

ps. i swear i ran a search. sorry for the repeat thread.

Comment

• btbam
                              • Nov 2008

Seriously so happy about this thread.
                              Here is a pair im considering copping and throwing in dark lenses.

Tai Hachiro x Number (N)ine

some great suggestions in this thread. i may even cop a pair within the next week and post a fit pic.
                              Never End, Australia.
                              http://www.neverend.com.au
                              General Contact: Info@neverend.com.au
                              Urgent contact: Joseph@neverend.com.au
                              Phone: +61 421 406 272

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                                • Jan 2010

I can't believe no one on here has mentioned the Belgian eyewear company Theo. I've been wearing their frames for the past 15 or 16 years and now have about 19 frames. My newest ones are buffalo horn. You can also check out the line from their main design Patrick Hoet
                                THE HOUSE OF DIS
                                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Working...
                                  X
                                  😀
                                  🥰
                                  🤢
                                  😎
                                  😡
                                  👍
                                  👎