• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MWNN
    Banned
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Well, you are from Monaco, so that should work. Don't forget the money-dispenser on the back of your Ferrari.
    lol
    I think 'I love CCP" will be much better hehe

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

I'll be in New York for a week from May 16th, and I'm looking to buy a pair of glasses as they're way cheaper than in Denmark. Can someone recommend a good place to find a decent pair? I'm a pretty regular minus 1,5 on both eyes and if possible I'd like to get a frame and lenses for less than $400. I don't need anything fancy and if someone could point my in the right direction I'd be very thankful.

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

I think the way to go these days is to try things on regular stores and then buy them online. Frames are almost always considerably cheaper on the internet and occasionally you can also find different frame sizes.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• HWith
          • May 2007

Yeah, but I'll also need the lenses done etc. etc.

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by HWith View Post
            Yeah, but I'll also need the lenses done etc. etc.
            *points in the direction of chinatown*

i don't know which store, but generally the prices are lower when it comes to frames and lenses. i'm not sure if you will find something unique..

i still can't find nice light wire-frames. need help in this dept..

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

I feel kind of ashamed, but I liked them so much when I tried them on.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• tigo
                • May 2009

Kinda growing out of my black acetate glasses, thinking of getting something light and made from metal. Something like these Oliver Peoples:

Comment

• nadir
                  • May 2011

Lindberg make beautiful glasses - but I'd have thought they would be cheaper in Denmark than the US?

Comment

• munch
                    • Aug 2008

are raybans actually of good quality etc etc? I tried on a pair of clubmasters the other day and well I kinda really like them... but then I found some number (n)ine browline glasses that I kinda like a little bit more, although seem impossible to find nowadays. are there any other alternatives or should I just get the rayban pair? or just suggest something that might work as well and are similar I guess. danke

Comment

• moderninc2010
                      • Jan 2011

Munch,
                      have you tried Linda Farrow?

Comment

• munch
                        • Aug 2008

hmm I had not looked at those, thanks! they look rather nice. however the price tag might be a bit on the high side currently, will have to consider this.
                        also found a pair of Cutler & Gross for a bit less, bit thicker frame though. not sure how I like that.
                        but feel free to help me out cause I'm all lost when it comes to sunglasses!

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

These are my glasses: model 'Bob' from French company VUE DC.

I tend toward the masculine (hence, why I'm here.) I enjoy wearing these every so often, but recently I had a scratched cornea and had to wear them for 3 weeks straight. With -7.50 eyes and astigmatism, it was hellish. Within the week, the bridge of my nose was suffering.

Still looking for thinner frames that, along with the lenses, will run me less than $1k. I am now considering wood since I think the grain would add a layer of interesting detail, but they may not be strong enough to hold my lenses safely.

MBD
                          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Wood frames require very careful treatment. They're beautiful, but not really made to be every day glasses for any but the most meticulous person.

Are you thinking acetate or wood only? No metal? Maybe acetate with metal temples to save some weight? And thinner in terms of height or frame thickness?

Offhand, Orgreen makes some plastic eyed, metal templed frames that have a chunky, though a bit swept look. I don't think they will work for your aesthetic, but the weight might swing things if you really want acetate frames. Reiz and Kilsgaard make extremely well made lighter acetate frames, either might work. Mykita's acetate frames are also good, though I think will be a bit dull and smooth for your tastes (based on the one pair you just posted). All of these frames will be ~$450-600, so the total with lenses should still be < $1000.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• surver
                              • Oct 2007

ryo yamashita

yamashita's work is categorized into basically 2 main categories: one that is 'art' and the other 'wearable' (these are usually custom ordered/bespoke and crafted of iron and bamboo).

ART

Last edited by surver; 06-13-2011, 03:10 AM.

Comment

• surver
                                • Oct 2007

ryo yamashita

CRAFT - IRON & BAMBOO

although forged out of iron, these glasses are surprisingly light and weightless...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎