X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I wish they'd focus a bit more.. they have some nice pieces from Rick, Margiela, Jil etc., but it really doesn't work with the street wear and hipster gear.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Test
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      What would you expect... they stock Diadora as well
      Whoa, I thought you could only get that through Eastbay catalogs. That's messed up.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Those of you who have seen the Rick Owens combat boots that Barneys bought this past fall, they were brownish color, hard to describe, and I think it was nubuck leather. Would I be able to dye these black?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Who?
          • Aug 2007

Oh that's a tough one Faust I got 2 different answers. I asked at Firm Shoe repair if they could dye the boots black and they said yes, but I asked the guys at my normal cobbler and they said the material wouldn't take dye well, like suede.
          WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• asho
            • Nov 2007

it's not impossible, though even colouration is unlikely. If you want something a little interesting you could ask a cobbler to use a wax wheel to wax them black...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by asho View Post
              it's not impossible, though even colouration is unlikely. If you want something a little interesting you could ask a cobbler to use a wax wheel to wax them black...
              elaborate on this please?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Premier
                • Oct 2008

Does anyone know of a reputable cobbler in nyc or northern NJ?Preferably somewhere below Midtown. Thanks in advance
                WTB:
                CCP '09 black overdyed cotton blazer in 48

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Mina's shoe repair on Wall St. A hole in the wall, but I'd trust them with my life, let alone a pair of CDiems (that they stretched for me).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Premier
                    • Oct 2008

oh nice. About how long of a wait and are they costly?
                    WTB:
                    CCP '09 black overdyed cotton blazer in 48

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

cheap as chips and fast turn around. endorsed by faust

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sshum88
                        • Dec 2007

Leather - RO, Julius and others

Hi,

I haven't had a lot of opportunity to handle either one of these leathers and there isn't a store in Toronto that carries these lines. I would like to hear from others who have experience with these lines about quality, feel, etc and if there are significant differences used for F/W and S/S.

Based on what I've read here, it seems that shearlings and padded leathers from RO are difficult to fit well.
                        Originally posted by eat me
                        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Wiggles
                          • Sep 2008

I only have a little experience with RO leathers, but for all the ones I've handled, they're amazing. The leather is top quality, really soft, and the fit is spot on. I've heard the same about the padded leathers and shearlings, but I've never handled any of either. I'd assume it's just an effect of having the extra bulk, making it harder to fit. Do you have any specific leathers in mind?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I would echo Wiggles a year ago, but today you must be selective with RO leather. Some are amazing, some are not. My advice to you, if you don't have access, post a picture of what you are looking for on SZ. Someone will help you out.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Completely agree with Faust- Some of the ones this season are more than suspect.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Diss
                                • Sep 2008

am i blind or has the holy grail thread disappeared completely?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎