Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

sorry, yes of course, please fire away....just didn't think it would be your thing, and I'm looking for some moderately positive feedback if possible!!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

No way, the whole thing sucked!

Just kidding. There were some nice pieces at L'Eclerk. A particular stand out was a hook and eye unlined short jacket of that beautiful plum color that only Lanvin is capable of. It was made of polyester but I swear it felt like silk. Bonkers price of course, but beautiful. I don't remember the rest of the stuff though - seemed like standard Lanvin fair - dress shirts and pants, etc. Fuuma surely will remember more.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

that's weird. that was the only think i tried on in London in January...albeit in navy. i had to check the fabric too, and couldn't believe it was polyester. shoud've bought it I think.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

See! We have identical tastes ;-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by danieldy View Post
            anyone remember what US retail was on this m.a+ piece ?
            can't believe no one referred to this as the tattooine coat as it was thus coined last year. i actually might be the only on here who owns this overpriced designer garment...i think it was more around 2490 but i cant remember....i really enjoyed wearing this in LA. on a spring/summer day, it really is a joy to wear, its lightness carrying the mood. to contrast, faust, as an observation, i find ann's stuff really overpriced. i dunno, we can avoid this overpriced discussion until we see the ccp stuff, which i'm hoping will reflect the current state of the exchange rate. i mean the new overpriced killer is dick oven who apparently has had his hands in there for so long that a 30%markup per year is cool.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Who?
              • Aug 2007

How does Boris Bidjan Saberi sizing run, specifically in pants (True to size/ slim/ shrinkwrapped)? Also are the garments marked s/m/l or 30/32/34 or 44/46/48?
              WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

they are S, M, L... trousers are quite true to size, most tops as well if not a bit slim. but apparently the leather is super shrinkwrapped this season.

philip, how is the sizing on ze tattooine?
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Who?
                  • Aug 2007

Thanks A, do you know if he makes a XS?
                  WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    This is a specific small question for Fuuma - what did you think of the ss09 lanvin, assuming you had a look while in Paris?
                    Very light and airy. The ruched jackets and those thin coats (the trench and the jacket faust described) were a standout. For some reason I thought the ruching didn't gel with my body type (those jackets are slightly too long and not easy to alter due to all that weird stitching). I didn't buy the plum coat Faust described but maybe I should have, great piece and really have that "Lanvin" feeling that I didn't get with the new collection (too dark). The patent leather luggage and bags is also pretty good IMHO although the patent accessory fad will probably fade away in a season or two. New type of sneakers blablabla, had a few at Colette.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks Fuuman. Odd again, but I remembered I also tried on the ruched trench in that polyester fabric and also thought that it was a little too long. I think you have to layer it to get the look, which is going to be a pretty expensive exercise.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        Thanks Fuuman. Odd again, but I remembered I also tried on the ruched trench in that polyester fabric and also thought that it was a little too long. I think you have to layer it to get the look, which is going to be a pretty expensive exercise.
                        The trench was too long but not the short coat. I was referring to the sportscoat anyway when I was thinking of lenght. Basically quite a few wearable pieces but not for me this season. I went with Balenciaga and YSL instead for jackets and sportscoat (how gothninja of me!).

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

That black Balenciaga coat you got is pretty awesome.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            That black Balenciaga coat you got is pretty awesome.
                            For some reason it also creases like my CCP stiff jacket. Since I don't iron those they end up quite cool after a few months of wear.

Comment

• doldrums
                              • Dec 2008

On the more affordable basics front: Anyone have experience with Hope? Of all the likeminded swedish brands (acne, whyred), seems the least played out. I handled a few things at Proj8 last summer which were solid but I didn't check the footwear quality at the time. I was thinking about a pair to use as guilt-free beaters...

Comment

• Piffen
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                                On the more affordable basics front: Anyone have experience with Hope? Of all the likeminded swedish brands (acne, whyred), seems the least played out. I handled a few things at Proj8 last summer which were solid but I didn't check the footwear quality at the time. I was thinking about a pair to use as guilt-free beaters...
                                Honestly I would avoid getting shoes by swedish fashion brands if I were only looking for quality - if it's a certain style you're after, well maybe, but if it's only the quality aspect that's important, why not try NDC, Premiata, Buttero etc.? I'm saying this because in my experience they're charging prices too high for the product they're offering.. Especially if yuo're buying their stuff outside of Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎