X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

yea I think they own all of it, hence using the DHL name for both courier an mail which can be confusing at times. we had constant trouble with this when I worked for a company that imported from Germany, with new providers we always told them to ship DHL courier and ended up waiting 3x as long when they shipped through the postal service.

not sure which type of shipments Darklands uses, all I know is that the basic DHL postpaket doesn't have live tracking, but there might be some express/priority option as well?
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ironman
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by DHC View Post
      Sorry man. I sincerely hope your package arrives soon, but that statement is just a laugh riot. Did UPS call you? I've received a call from UPS on an international shipment that required me to give them information on the composition of items before they could let it through.
      lol, no this was a past experience. it eventually came, at the last day of 8 full weeks. it was DHL, and for some reason it ended up at some random postal location a couple of kilometres from my usual location :|

Comment

• docintheory
        • May 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
        yea I think they own all of it, hence using the DHL name for both courier an mail which can be confusing at times. we had constant trouble with this when I worked for a company that imported from Germany, with new providers we always told them to ship DHL courier and ended up waiting 3x as long when they shipped through the postal service.

not sure which type of shipments Darklands uses, all I know is that the basic DHL postpaket doesn't have live tracking, but there might be some express/priority option as well?
        It's a bit confusing, at first when I recieved the tracking number I had assumed that it would be shipped via DHL and should be here in no time. For example, I ordered multiple times from Pollyanna (who I love btw), with all my orders being shipped via DHL Express. I got my orders literally 2-3 days later with no customs fees ever attached.

With this recent order, I recieved a tracking number but could only track the package via the dhl.de website rather than the Worldwide or US site (I believe it is Postpaket). After waiting about two weeks, I made an inquiry with DHL and they told me that the package would be trackable until it left Germany - after that the package gets handled by USPS. According to DHL, an additional tracking number is associated to the package starting with two letters, numbers, and ending with another two letters. This tracking number becomes activated and trackable on the USPS website. Trouble is that I never got this number... I thought the whole system was integrated.

I am sticking it out for another week or so, hopefully I get it soon :) I am staying optimistic that snail-mail it truly living up to it's name.

Comment

• docintheory
          • May 2008

Originally posted by bestial View Post
          Shouldn't you have a tracking number you can run by DHL? Last time I orderd from Oki-ni DHL delivered the package, it took about a week extra cause when they came at first I wasn't home, and they didn't leave any info about that on the door. So instead they took a week to get a note sent to me by post (by then I had called the support and fixed it, but anyway..).

If you have a tracking from dhl it probably should get you the info from UPS also.. I think.

German post in general seems wack, last time I ordered an item from Germany it never showed up.
          Bestial, that package that never came, you didn't order from Darklands did you? I remember that someone on SZ posting saying that they had a very similar problem...

Hopefully it comes in soon. I have a few more items at Darklands that I am interested in too, their buy is fantastic.

Comment

• tangerine
            • Dec 2006

Have you tried plugging the tracking number you have into the usps site? This has worked for me with Canada post and British post.
            the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

docintheory, it was from darklands, but that was before they changed their way of shipping, I was the first that got problem. But this isn't Darklands fault, I have full faith in Campbell and Darklands. The new buys are spectacular and I will soon be ordering something. :)

But if you have tracked by the dhl.de site and it comes up that it has been shipped abroad and that USPS is the one who has it, it is them who are slow, have you tried call them again asking for the new number?

Comment

• docintheory
                • May 2008

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                docintheory, it was from darklands, but that was before they changed their way of shipping, I was the first that got problem. But this isn't Darklands fault, I have full faith in Campbell and Darklands. The new buys are spectacular and I will soon be ordering something. :)

But if you have tracked by the dhl.de site and it comes up that it has been shipped abroad and that USPS is the one who has it, it is them who are slow, have you tried call them again asking for the new number?
                hey Bestial - I figured. I have full faith in Campbell & Darklands as well, their service is impeccable: they kindly/quickly updated me with information about size availability and pricing for their new buys before they even hit the web. So I know that there is no fault at all on their end. I am just surprised by the service of the German Postal Service

The tracking ends at "55 Saulheim" which is is the outgoing hub, and updated about two weeks ago. Since then, I assume the package hit stateside, but might be caught up in USPS customs or something. I called DHL and they told me that they didn't have the USPS number for the package. I was going to email Darklands if they had the number, but I felt that the SZ consensus seems to be to give it at least 3 weeks before I start making an inquiry.

I just found out that DHL.de website also says that packages are normally delivered in 10-12 days (working days I assume) of posting to the USA if it sent by the International Paket.

I tried as Tangerine suggested, to track the package on the USPS website, but didn't work. I've read over the web that a lot of folks are frustrated by the fact that DHL and USPS do not integrate systems especcially when USPS is a "last-mile" carrier for DHL

Damn my impatience :) It's all because this season's BBS is so damn good and I want to buy more of Darklands BBS buy....
                Last edited by docintheory; 02-08-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• quiet noise
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

Short question: What do about saltstains on leather? when i was out this weekend my boots where stained with salt from the roads, and it has left some awful, scarlike upheavals in the leather. is there anything i can do about it or might i aswell throw the boots away?

Comment

• kucejoe
                    • Sep 2006

Is Label Under Construction womens-wear (sweaters and t-shirts more specifically) cut differently than the mens or just sized smaller (like some Linea used to be)?
                    Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

things like knit sweaters seem to be smaller versions of mens wear, but there are also some things that are clearly womens. I recall seeing some skirts a couple of seasons ago, at least.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                        Short question: What do about saltstains on leather? when i was out this weekend my boots where stained with salt from the roads, and it has left some awful, scarlike upheavals in the leather. is there anything i can do about it or might i aswell throw the boots away?
                        i've had this same thing happen and just brushed it off with a heavy polishing brush...
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• quiet noise
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2008

Oh, what a relief :) thanks for the reply, im gonna try it out tommorow

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                            • Feb 2008

i'm seeing alot of berni leather jackets pop up on ebay for pretty decent prices. anyone have experience with these jackets? (fit/quality)

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

I assume you mean Berrini? cant speak much for the leathers as I havent tried one on (they seem nice though), but for what its worth his blazers are excellent. I have two and they are a perfect cut, very similar to Poell (slightly pointy shoulders) but cut just a bit roomier.

if its that one italian outlet selling them, its probably worth mentioning that their stuff seems really weird, for example the Rick Owens they have is either insanely old or some odd sample pieces.

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

I heard the jackets fit small, like a full size down small. Any thruth to this?
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎