Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • byhand
    • Dec 2011

Machine washed and dried a leather jacket to shrink it. It worked, but I'm now concerned about the leather being a bit stiff. Any suggestions about products to condition the leather?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

^ I swear by Saphir Mink Oil, the one that comes in a bottle. Have put that on multiple shoes and jackets with perfect results.

Comment

• blackdeath
        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
        ^ I swear by Saphir Mink Oil, the one that comes in a bottle. Have put that on multiple shoes and jackets with perfect results.
        yes. after you machine wash a jacket for whatever purpose you should condition it and seal it. i think there is a thread in the DIY section of how someone machine washed their leather and the measures they took. saphir is a solid bet.

i've worn a thamanyah blazer out in the sun for work and actually noticed what looks like an orange-y discoloration on the left shoulder. can a cleaner fix this? what are my best options? i havent tried washing the blazer as i'd like to leave it up to a professional. i wear several different blazers for work and this is the only one i've noticed this happening to.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by byhand View Post
          Machine washed and dried a leather jacket to shrink it. It worked, but I'm now concerned about the leather being a bit stiff. Any suggestions about products to condition the leather?
          Originally posted by blackdeath View Post
          yes. after you machine wash a jacket for whatever purpose you should condition it and seal it. i think there is a thread in the DIY section of how someone machine washed their leather and the measures they took. saphir is a solid bet.

i've worn a thamanyah blazer out in the sun for work and actually noticed what looks like an orange-y discoloration on the left shoulder. can a cleaner fix this? what are my best options? i havent tried washing the blazer as i'd like to leave it up to a professional. i wear several different blazers for work and this is the only one i've noticed this happening to.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by blackdeath View Post
            is the blazer black? is the discoloration a small spot (like a spill) or a larger area?
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• blackdeath
              • Apr 2016

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              is the blazer black? is the discoloration a small spot (like a spill) or a larger area?
              the blazer is black and the discoloration is a large area, it was purchased new from darklands (i've searched darklands and wont even bother with them). it not a spot but kind of like "streaks" along the left shoulder. i can take a photo when i get home. as i mentioned before i own a lot of blazers for work and this is the only one that looks "sun damaged"
              ... is there anything i can do?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Dye it black. I doubt anything else will work.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

My drkshdw cotton pods and Ann Demeulemeester cotton t-shirt have gone brownish from black because of the sun, especially in the seam areas. I don't mind, but you definitely should dye your blazer black.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

Is there a significant difference between the men's and women's DRKSHDW pillar skirts? They don't seem to make them for men anymore. Also, does anyone know if they are annoying to wear (e.g., length, restrictive)?
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                      I would like to see that from sruli himself lol not all the whalets are made from whale foreskin.
                      My info comes directly from the source ;) also, not all of them are made of whale but they are all called whalet because of the shape. I have the fishskin one at home, I'll take a pic to explain better if I can be bothered once I get home from vacation

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Yeah, mine is horse.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

Does anyone know which coats these two are wearing?

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

His looks like InAisce, but I am not 100%

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blackfedora
                              • Jan 2012

I'm fairly sure that jacket on the guy is from Y. Project by Yohan Serfaty AW 2012-13 Cartharsis. The pic below is from the 7th look here and at about 1:10 onward in this runway video where the double collar becomes more visible.

Unsure about the woman's jacket....almost feels like The Viridi-Anne for some reason.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

Thanks you guys. :)
                                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                                -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎