X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
    a slightly weird question - anyone got any photos of a Rick Tux (shawl collar blazer, astair tux trousers) in a real life setting/fit pic etc
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• stagename
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
      a slightly weird question - anyone got any photos of a Rick Tux (shawl collar blazer, astair tux trousers) in a real life setting/fit pic etc
      https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ed&oe=5859160F

Can try to find better ones as well.

Comment

• zeebee
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by stagename View Post
        https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ed&oe=5859160F

Can try to find better ones as well.
        If that's a Professor in front of a lecture hall, he's gotta be the coolest Prof I've ever seen.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zeebee View Post
          If that's a Professor in front of a lecture hall, he's gotta be the coolest Prof I've ever seen.
          Go look at Christian/Chant's WAYWT pics then.

Comment

• gawkrodger
            • Jun 2013

cheers gents

Comment

• massivegoldteeth
              • Oct 2011

Devoa shoes with thick soles

Really like these shoes but I am wondering about how they would fit and look considering the thick soles that apparently comes with them.

GULLAM グラム セレクトショップ 代官山 渋谷

Any own a similar pair or other shoes from Devoa?

I don't have the opportunity to see or try them in person so I am relying on information online. From what I have read the leather is likely Guidi leather which adds to the attraction. I"m just not sure that because of the thick soles that one looks like they are wearing platform shoes. I've also read that they have a large toe box.

Would you simply remove the insoles and size down if somehow the thick soles make it look like you are wearing platform shoes or is this entirely a non-issue as the design makes up for the elevated appearance?

Thoughts, experience, and recommendations in general?

Comment

• jimmycs
                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by massivegoldteeth View Post
                Really like these shoes but I am wondering about how they would fit and look considering the thick soles that apparently comes with them.

I don't have the opportunity to see or try them in person so I am relying on information online. From what I have read the leather is likely Guidi leather which adds to the attraction. I"m just not sure that because of the thick soles that one looks like they are wearing platform shoes. I've also read that they have a large toe box.

Would you simply remove the insoles and size down if somehow the thick soles make it look like you are wearing platform shoes or is this entirely a non-issue as the design makes up for the elevated appearance?

The overall appearance does not do it for me. Looks way off balance.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

Own Devoa derbies. 8.5D, went with 41. Heel slip unless I lace it tightly. Crushes toes because of the massive foam insole. Aesthetically, no issues anywhere.

Comment

• massivegoldteeth
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                    Own Devoa derbies. 8.5D, went with 41. Heel slip unless I lace it tightly. Crushes toes because of the massive foam insole. Aesthetically, no issues anywhere.
                    Thanks. Good to know that it doesn't look like you are wearing platform shoes because of the insole. How's the toe box? Otherwise, do you like them?

Comment

• the-orb
                      • Jun 2009

I think the insoles are part of the appeal. They do raise your stance quite a bit but for most SZ type outfits that's usually a plus since it makes you look slimmer overall. I don't find that it looks odd but if you are on the short side, it may be more noticeable. They are quite wide to accommodate for the insole and if you have large feet relative to your height, may look too bulky. I personally would not recommend switching out the insole because finding one that is similarly shaped will not be easy and they are designed specifically for that shoe shape. Not to mention that these insoles are designed for comfort in mind and it's a shame not to take advantage of it. You will probably need to go 1 size down if you plan on using your own insole.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Thanks. Good to know that it doesn't look like you are wearing platform shoes because of the insole. How's the toe box? Otherwise, do you like them?
                        Toebox crushes my toes. Instep feels very low. I'm not joking when I say I'm tempted to take an Xacto Knife to the foam insole so I get a little bit more space.

Looks great, though. They're a bit better with actual dress socks compared to no-shows.

Comment

• MoonlightDragon
                          • Jan 2016

WAWYT?

What's the point in WAWYT if everyone's taste in clothes and fashion is different? You could post a fit that is perfect for you and get ripped to shreds by everyone else, but at the end of the day clothes are about the wearer not who sees them (if you get what I'm trying to say). Any ideas?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by MoonlightDragon View Post
                            What's the point in WAWYT if everyone's taste in clothes and fashion is different? You could post a fit that is perfect for you and get ripped to shreds by everyone else, but at the end of the day clothes are about the wearer not who sees them (if you get what I'm trying to say). Any ideas?
                            Besides the narcissism button? Because you should be able to appreciate other styles of clothing even if it's not what you like to wear.

Comment

• MoonlightDragon
                              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                              Besides the narcissism button? Because you should be able to appreciate other styles of clothing even if it's not what you like to wear.
                              I was going to reply and ask why people give bothered to give criticism, but then I remembered that the individual doesn't have to take that criticism into account. Sort of makes sense even if I don't think I'll ever post a fit there.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MoonlightDragon View Post
                                When was the last time you saw anybody "ripped to shreds" in the WAYWT here?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎