Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

I don't want to create a new thread in women's personal style subforum, please let me ask it here:
    what's your suggestions to pair for a woman wearing black Rick stooges leather besides just a pair of jeans or pillar skirt/dress?

Thanks!

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by newp View Post
      I don't want to create a new thread in women's personal style subforum, please let me ask it here:
      what's your suggestions to pair for a woman wearing black Rick stooges leather besides just a pair of jeans or pillar skirt/dress?

Thanks!
      Have you had a look on Instagram? I always use that for 'inspiration'.
      Options are quite endless, with trousers, cropped trousers, maybe Rick cropped sweats... etc

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
        Have you had a look on Instagram? I always use that for 'inspiration'.
        Options are quite endless, with trousers, cropped trousers, maybe Rick cropped sweats... etc
        To find anything good by tags #stooges or #rickowens one needs to filter too much garbage, honestly.
        I've checked runways, maybe I shall look for lookbooks then. Thanks!

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

Proportions might vary depending on what version it is, but it's a double rider, I think you can pretty much wear with anything without much thought. Skinny, slim, wide, mini, maxi, jumpsuit, whatever, potentially it all works.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• newp
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
            Proportions might vary depending on what version it is, but it's a double rider, I think you can pretty much wear with anything without much thought. Skinny, slim, wide, mini, maxi, jumpsuit, whatever, potentially it all works.
            Thanks, yes, we'll see how it goes.

Comment

• im_parfait
              Banned
              • Oct 2010

Hi guys. My friend asks to help him sell this Carol Christian Poell Kangaroo High Neck Gloved Leather Jacket but I have no idea what's the fair price for this one? Great condition, size 50. Any help with the current prices for this type of CCP jacket is highly appreicated.

Comment

• Anwar
                • May 2012

Depending on the leather I'd say $1700-$2200, that Color is going to be a tough sell.

Originally posted by im_parfait View Post
                Hi guys. My friend asks to help him sell this Carol Christian Poell Kangaroo High Neck Gloved Leather Jacket but I have no idea what's the fair price for this one? Great condition, size 50. Any help with the current prices for this type of CCP jacket is highly appreicated.

Originally posted by Lendar
                The price is a bit high, but the leather is very quality.

Comment

• k3mist
                  • Apr 2013

I've seen black ones sell for 3.5 actually. Its a nice jacket for sure.

Comment

• im_parfait
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2010

Thanks for the information! It's kangaroo - is this lower or higher part of the range?

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
                    I've seen black ones sell for 3.5 actually. Its a nice jacket for sure.

Comment

• matglenn
                      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by singsong View Post
                      I do like the 71s and a few of the SLP frames, but the problem I have with the more mainstream brands is that their eyeglasses don't really have any personality. To me they either look like watered down sunglasses, or are indistinguishable from any other black rectangle frames save for their branding.

The little edge details, nose bridge and notched temple, really stand out to me on the Kuboraum K3s, while still being subtle enough that they don't scream. I wish they were a little bit thinner, but after a bit of photoshop fitting I think they will work out well. I'll still search for a few more comparison pairs, but my heart is slowly being set.

Thanks for your suggestions, cheers.
                      I couldn't agree more, not much personality at all. Rigards frames, which i admittedly don't have experience with, seem very textural and intricate. Nice earthy hues as well. I think they do some sort of rectangular-ish frames.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by singsong View Post
                        I do like the 71s and a few of the SLP frames, but the problem I have with the more mainstream brands is that their eyeglasses don't really have any personality. To me they either look like watered down sunglasses, or are indistinguishable from any other black rectangle frames save for their branding.

The little edge details, nose bridge and notched temple, really stand out to me on the Kuboraum K3s, while still being subtle enough that they don't scream. I wish they were a little bit thinner, but after a bit of photoshop fitting I think they will work out well. I'll still search for a few more comparison pairs, but my heart is slowly being set.

Thanks for your suggestions, cheers.
                        Get the aviator version of the Kuboraums - they are less extreme. They did a special version for our pop-up shop.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• agentred
                          • Jul 2009

Sup brahs, quick question about harnden shoes stretching:

I'm usually a strict 41 or size 8. I just tried on a pair of slip on suede-y from fw16/17 in size 7L. The length is perfect but owie zowie do they pinch around the middle of the foot.

So the question is, will they stretch? Does it depend on the model/leather? I was already wearing very thin socks and wouldn't wear them without socks. It was also quite the struggle with a shoe horn to get them on.

This is at persuade in Bilbao (which is a fantastic store) and I'm only here for a few days so it's not like I can return them. Could try l'eclaireur but who knows if they have the model.

Should I get them or try to find a regular 8?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Technically, any shoe could be stretched by a cobbler. I've had it done on several occasions. But, proceed at your own risk. And what the hell are you doing in Paul Harnden?! Did you trade your bike for a horse and a plow?! :-)
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• agentred
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Technically, any shoe could be stretched by a cobbler. I've had it down on several occasions. But, proceed at your own risk. And what the hell are you doing in Paul Harnden?! Did you trade your bike for a horse and a plow?! :-)
                              I'm as shocked as anyone!! Must be a reverse mid life crisis of some kind, gracias for the advice,

Comment

• Anwar
                                • May 2012

The key word here is BLACK, I've sold my donkey version of this jacket for $3.2k, it was a size 46.

Originally posted by im_parfait View Post
                                Thanks for the information! It's kangaroo - is this lower or higher part of the range?
                                Originally posted by Lendar
                                The price is a bit high, but the leather is very quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎