X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by onijo84 View Post
    Can someone recommend me a Japan proxy that you have used recently? I am looking to make an offer for an item listed on Yahoo Auctions; would like the proxy to communicate it to the seller. FJ, Tenso and Zen just don't provide this. Is Sutocorp reliable?
    Highly recommend Sutocorp. I think they have a thread here as well somewhere.

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

RO Mainline Silk/Viscose Tee - is it worth upgrading to from the DRKSHDW cotton code "R"? I need a layer to worn under mainline cashmere and merino turtlenecks, and the DRKSHDW cotton seems too "plain" to me... Not saying it's bad - the fabric is amazing, real dark and thick, but i feel like these two need something more "special".

So basically the question is, how nice is the silk/viscose blend compared to the drkshdw "R" cotton? Which one is better for layering under light knits? Does the mainline tee feels luxurious enough to justify the price? I see pics online and honestly i can't help but think of Uniqlo Heattech tees lol.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
        Highly recommend Sutocorp. I think they have a thread here as well somewhere.
        have had pretty bad experiences with Sutocorp recently, unfortunately. took them ages to ship items (over 2 weeks from ordering), and after over a month they haven't refunded me an excess amount I sent them.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
          RO Mainline Silk/Viscose Tee - is it worth upgrading to from the DRKSHDW cotton code "R"? I need a layer to worn under mainline cashmere and merino turtlenecks, and the DRKSHDW cotton seems too "plain" to me... Not saying it's bad - the fabric is amazing, real dark and thick, but i feel like these two need something more "special".

So basically the question is, how nice is the silk/viscose blend compared to the drkshdw "R" cotton? Which one is better for layering under light knits? Does the mainline tee feels luxurious enough to justify the price? I see pics online and honestly i can't help but think of Uniqlo Heattech tees lol.
          The silk/viscose blend is soft and feels nice on the skin. Due to the high armholes and the nature of the fabric it does become smelly faster, at least that’s the feeling I get compared to the cotton Rick shirts I own. If you only want a shirt to wear underneath the turtleneck (and if you don’t want to take the turtleneck off) I’d recommend a undershirt, for example a "dry cotton" one by Mey. It will certainly hold up washes better and feel nice as well (if you get a good one).
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• delicious_not
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
            The silk/viscose blend is soft and feels nice on the skin. Due to the high armholes and the nature of the fabric it does become smelly faster, at least that’s the feeling I get compared to the cotton Rick shirts I own. If you only want a shirt to wear underneath the turtleneck (and if you don’t want to take the turtleneck off) I’d recommend a undershirt, for example a "dry cotton" one by Mey. It will certainly hold up washes better and feel nice as well (if you get a good one).
            I'd go with a basic tee if it wasn't visible, but the way i wear rick turtlenecks is that i always roll it up a bit, so there's an additional layer to the outfit (like this). So i'm wondering what would be the best fabric to pair with fine cashmere and merino wools, apart from the regular DRKSHDW cotton.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
              • Sep 2008

I received a Gore-Tex jacket in the mail, but unfortunately it came out very wrinkled.
              Does someone know if there is any way to get these out, since you can't iron this fabric? Or will it go away over time by itself?

Comment

• haydn
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                I received a Gore-Tex jacket in the mail, but unfortunately it came out very wrinkled.
                Does someone know if there is any way to get these out, since you can't iron this fabric? Or will it go away over time by itself?
                Gore-tex can be washed and ironed, but with extra care. A warm (not hot) iron can be used, but not directly on the garment. Put it between a towel and you should be fine.

Lots of Gore-Tex FAQs out there for reference, as it's a stubborn material but should last for ages.

Comment

• eloquent
                  • Sep 2016

Anyone ever cut the length of their RO tees? Have this darkdust sheer one and was thinking of experimenting with it, it just doesnt drape so nice on my body :(

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by haydn View Post
                    Gore-tex can be washed and ironed, but with extra care. A warm (not hot) iron can be used, but not directly on the garment. Put it between a towel and you should be fine.

Lots of Gore-Tex FAQs out there for reference, as it's a stubborn material but should last for ages.
                    Cheers, will give the towel/iron thing a shot tonight!

Comment

• 13we2
                      • Sep 2015

Anyone deal with project314 recently? How fast do they respond to emails? They are not answering me at all right now and were extremely slow when they did. Anyone know a faster way or is there anything I've missed on the retailer feedback thread? Thanks!

Comment

• JFsO
                        • Aug 2013

Would a size 1 in Julius boot fit a size 9/42?

Comment

• curiouscharles
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by JFsO View Post
                          Would a size 1 in Julius boot fit a size 9/42?
                          typically a 2 is best for 9/42.

-

Comment

• richard_cao
                            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by eloquent View Post
                            Anyone ever cut the length of their RO tees? Have this darkdust sheer one and was thinking of experimenting with it, it just doesnt drape so nice on my body :(
                            Never tried it with RO tees but I have cut a Damir Doma tee, it worked well. I think it should be ok for RO sheer tee because I have seen the raw cut edge version.
                            Never dress down.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Can anyone who has a Rick shearling tell me if it will loosen up a bit with wear? I just got an amazing shearling and it's a bit snug, got my normal rick size (which is a size up from my actual size) and I guess from the extra bulk it's a bit tighter than my other Rick jackets (also it's side zip so the front doubles over when zipped). It's only a little bit snug when zipped so I think sizing up would fit sloppy, never owned a shearling so wondering if it will conform to the body like other leathers.
                              music

Comment

• tapchung
                                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by eloquent View Post
                                I cut my unstable tees before when those start stretching really bad so that those don't reach mid-thighs.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎