Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carcass
    • May 2010

My gf loves CdG Black. It reminds me of fog machine smell quite a bit.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Carcass View Post
      It's my winter scent.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bukka View Post
        I have the terre noire which smells fantastic, I admit it. But it really lacks power to perfume the room when you light it. Byredo does the job better imho, perfume is less attractive though. And I completely agree about the packaging, can't be beat.
        Originally posted by unwashed View Post
        I have the same with my mad et len, scent isn't really present and my candle cannot fill a small living area unfortunately. You really have to be close to notice the scent. Unlike dyptique. I just bought the Feu de Bois and this is so damn good... I combine it with mousses.

I also just discovered CdG Black, this is also soo good! Why haven't I found this before!
        Strange, that's not the experience I have with the scents I own. Especially Figue and Spirituelle Vert are very strong.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I also just discovered CdG Black, this is also soo good! Why haven't I found this before!
          Because you don't read StyleZeitgeist magazine online

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

I'd recommend checking out Le Labo's 'Gaiac 10' as well, similar scent, that bit of pepper. Smells really wonderful. I've gotten nothing but compliments when wearing it.
            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
              I'd recommend checking out Le Labo's 'Gaiac 10' as well, similar scent, that bit of pepper. Smells really wonderful. I've gotten nothing but compliments when wearing it.
              But you love your CDG Black, right? RIGHT?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                But you love your CDG Black, right? RIGHT?!
                I wear it everyday! (as does my other boss)

At this rate though, all of SZ will smell the same! XD
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Law
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                  I wear it everyday! (as does my other boss)

At this rate though, all of SZ will smell the same! XD
                  I like Black, but I've always been reluctant to pull the trigger due to performance issues. What kind of longevity do you get on this one? Seems to dissipate rapidly from me in a matter of mere hours.

Have you tried the new The Noir by Le Labo. Quite nice, peppery amber rose.
                  Moves in the same territory as Rose 31.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Everything dissipates on me quickly. A lot depends on your skin chemistry. When I spray it I make sure part of the spray ends up on my shirt and then it lasts for a while. Honestly, longevity is not an issue for me as I only want the person hugging me to know what I smell like.:-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shifts
                      • Jul 2013

Dry winter skin is a good fragrance killer. Moisturise!

Comment

• unwashed
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Carcass View Post
                        Yes, I see what you mean with the fog machine smell and I love it haha.
                        Grailed link

Comment

• unwashed
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Because you don't read StyleZeitgeist magazine online

http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2013/04/c...garcons-black/
                          I'm waiting on volume 6 hardcopy
                          Grailed link

Comment

• Shifts
                            • Jul 2013

Before going to my regular fragrance shop today, I had promised myself only to only give myself some first impressions. After many expensive lessons I have learned that buying on the spot is very unwise. Or actually, I haven't learned anything…

…because here I am, with my dirty f*cker Peau de Bête from Liquides Imaginaires now.

Comment

• trentk
                              • Oct 2010

Is there anyone on SZ into oud oil? Haven't smelled any straight up oud yet, but am probabaly ordering some soon. Have smelled some fragrances which contain real oud (Xerjoff Zafar, Xerjoff Gao, SHL 777 Oumma) + burnt high quality agarwood incense (shoyeido refinement, five clouds, infinity, and translucent path). Crazy how different people's perceptions of smell can be, as reading reviews of fragrances containing real oud, some people absolutely hate it. I think it smells amazing.

Also, highly recommend that people into eg francincense and myrrh in perfumes order some copal - an interesting resin incense that you won't find in perfume. I like copal negro more than palo santo resin. Copal negro is a tad like francincense, but more piney and (surprisingly, in a good way) pickle-like. Haven't smelled copal blanco yet but am soon. Here's a good resource for people curious to explore resins: http://www.eaincense.com/resins--gums.html .

Regime Des Fleurs Dove Grey is utterly amazing - pick your favorite SZ-appropriate look containing light grey, and this will prob fit the mood amazingly well. Its also inspired by Deeda Blair http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/t-...onviction.html

"Some of Deeda’s signature pieces might at first be mistaken for clerical garb, but then an open seam reveals a flash of chiffon-veiled skin, or a silk tulle petticoat reveals a surface animated by ostrich filaments or gilt metal sequins. She would be accused of being a sybarite if it weren’t for the conceptual rigor she applies to her aesthetics.”"
                              "Most scientists are astonished by Deeda Blair’s style, and the style mavens are surprised by her scientific expertise. That is obvious to even the most casual observer of her life. If one penetrates those disparate worlds, however, one soon finds that neurobiologists credit her with helping them think through difficult questions, and that fashionistas must employ metaphors from 18th-century France to describe the impeccable way she dresses and entertains. The word “elegant” is in regular use in both fashion and science; it can describe a certain understated self-assurance manifest in a choice of shoes or an arrangement of furniture — and, equally, the underlying structures of the universe or the transcription of RNA. It perfectly describes Deeda."
                              Last edited by trentk; 12-18-2015, 06:56 PM.
                              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• neongud
                                • Mar 2013

Anybody tried the Wonderwood scented candle? Do they capture the essence of the perfume well?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎