Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zen dog
    • Jan 2014

I've recommended Lucky Scent and their brick and mortar store in L.A., The Scent Bar before- and still do. The Scent Bar is a fun, welcoming place to try out scents.

I want to give a shout out to www.twistedlily.com - b and m in Brooklyn. Right now they have a special- spend $130 and get 10 free samples (your choice). This is a great way to try scents you're curious about and look into ones you've just discovered on the site. I still haven't gone through all of mine since the last time they made this offer

Comment

• agentred
      • Jul 2009

How long does blackpepper last on skin? In my experience with peppery scents like poivre 23 they have a great initial hit but basically disappear within the hour....

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zen dog View Post
        I've recommended Lucky Scent and their brick and mortar store in L.A., The Scent Bar before- and still do. The Scent Bar is a fun, welcoming place to try out scents.

I want to give a shout out to www.twistedlily.com - b and m in Brooklyn. Right now they have a special- spend $130 and get 10 free samples (your choice). This is a great way to try scents you're curious about and look into ones you've just discovered on the site. I still haven't gone through all of mine since the last time they made this offer
        I was just talking about it to someone this morning. Great little store, impressive for Brooklyn.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• vah
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by casem View Post
          Recently got a sample of this and I'm in love. It's much smokier than I expected and very long lasting, I like it a lot more than Malle's "Vetiver Extraordinaire" which I find overly sanitized. Seems perfect for fall.
          Thanks for posting this - been thinking about getting Malle's one for a while but hunted this one down yesterday and it's indeed nicer than Malle's. Smokier and a little spicier than Malle's.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Law View Post
            I e-mailed the BBS boutique in NY regarding the new fragrance. I asked about price, concentration and note break down, as well as if samples are available. I'll report back if they get back to me. May just blind buy this one if I can't get hold of a sample.
            Originally posted by Law View Post
            Got a prompt and friendly reply from the BBS NY store. They'll be receiving the fragrance in the next few weeks and will be officially launching it in September. No samples available as of yet unfortunately.
            Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Buy it blind. It's really good.
            second that!
            I had the chance to try it last week at the Barcelona store (second visit for me this summer). they told me it's made by Geza Schoen from Eccentric Molecules.... I only know the molecule 01 from them and it reminded me a bit that scent + strong leather notes (which was the intention). It really smelled good on my skin, and lasted quite a long time, like whole day (which was hot like hell in BCN) ...

they told me the 100ml will be around 145 €, really accessible !
            I know for sure it's on my future purchase list ;)

Comment

• newp
              • Feb 2013

Antonioli is one of the stores which is going to get BBS perfume.

Comment

• scanner
                • Mar 2015

Issara by Dusita has been my go-to recently. The presentation is extremely luxurious and the scent is a bit Tobacco-ey with hints of leather and bourbon. A future classic.

Shop for Issara Extrait de Parfum by Dusita at Luckyscent, Find Issara Extrait de Parfum by Dusita

Comment

• Anton
                  • Oct 2014

For years I've been using the generic CK b, and it's been great. Yet recently I feel like it's time for an upgrade, as i want something of quality and to have a more distinct smell.

I'm looking for 3 things, first it cannot smell sweet, no sweet smells. Second it needs to be constantly available(no limited runs) and third it needs to last throughout the day. I like smells that are not overwhelming, and fit for most occasions, whether at work or going out at night. I've heard numerous recommendations here on Le Labo, they have quite a few scents there, any specific recommendations?
                  I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                  My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Shifts
                    • Jul 2013

Nomadic Planet: Thanks for more information on the BBS fragrance.

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                    …Geza Schoen…
                    Uh-oh. Interesting smells and concepts he can do, but great fragrances not so many. Well, depending on what you want to get out of a fragrance of course.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                      For years I've been using the generic CK b, and it's been great. Yet recently I feel like it's time for an upgrade, as i want something of quality and to have a more distinct smell.

I'm looking for 3 things, first it cannot smell sweet, no sweet smells. Second it needs to be constantly available(no limited runs) and third it needs to last throughout the day. I like smells that are not overwhelming, and fit for most occasions, whether at work or going out at night. I've heard numerous recommendations here on Le Labo, they have quite a few scents there, any specific recommendations?
                      Just a preliminary note - I doubt you'll find a scent that lasts all day. Le Labo is fine, but sounds like you'd be better off with one of the Mad et Len scents, because they rely on one prominent note. I recommend Graphite or Terre Noire.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Anton
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Just a preliminary note - I doubt you'll find a scent that lasts all day. Le Labo is fine, but sounds like you'd be better off with one of the Mad et Len scents, because they rely on one prominent note. I recommend Graphite or Terre Noire.
                        Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely check them out. Regarding the all day thing, I expect it to last for at 6-8 hours...if that's possible.
                        I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                        My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• newp
                          • Feb 2013

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely check them out. Regarding the all day thing, I expect it to last for at 6-8 hours...if that's possible.
                          Buy a travalo atomizer and refresh the scent during the day if necessary.
                          Do not go overboard with it though.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I developed this exclusive scent together with Mad et Len. Limited edition of 20 candles will be available at our pop-up shop in New York.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shifts
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
                              Antonioli is one of the stores which is going to get BBS perfume.
                              I saw today that now they have it up on the website.

Comment

• zen dog
                                • Jan 2014

Hi Anton, first I second newp's suggestion of carrying an atomizer- just the thought of being able to refresh a scent may help you not have such a heavy hand in the morning. I thought Lucky Scent had a spray that extended a perfume's lasting power- couldn't find it for you- an email to them would help to see if it is still around.

In Le Labo, I like Santal 33. Andre Putman's "L'Original" starts out with a wet stone scent, goes herbal and ends up like a restrained Comme des Garcons "Avignon" (their "Ouarzazate" might work for you). Speaking of wet stone I also like D. S. and Durga's "Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake." Durga also has "Bowmakers"- wood, varnish,leather,etc. Oud is a heavy, long-lasting scent. It has been tamed and you should be able to find something that works for you, with a number of makers to choose from.

I'm a big fan of samples. Sure, you could get and go with a recommendation, but I think half the fun is trying a number of scents, seeing how they last, how they change during the day. It is a much more involved pursuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎