Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Recently got a sample of this and I'm in love. It's much smokier than I expected and very long lasting, I like it a lot more than Malle's "Vetiver Extraordinaire" which I find overly sanitized. Seems perfect for fall.
    music

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

^^Wear this all the time and love it. Serious dose of smokey vetiver.

Comment

• darkbydesign
        • Sep 2010

^^Also, if you like that - try Profumum Roma - Fumidus which is like super concentrated whiskey/tobacco/vetiver - a different vibe but I like Veritas and Fumidus for similar reasons.

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

I e-mailed the BBS boutique in NY regarding the new fragrance. I asked about price, concentration and note break down, as well as if samples are available. I'll report back if they get back to me. May just blind buy this one if I can't get hold of a sample.

Going to London next week, really want to try the new Comme des Garcons Blackpepper, which is currently a Selfridges exclusive.

Comment

• vah
            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Law View Post
            Going to London next week, really want to try the new Comme des Garcons Blackpepper, which is currently a Selfridges exclusive.
            Making my premiere post after lurking for ages... but! DSM London have it in store as well. I was there and checked it out the weekend it launched. Fantastic scent, would do great as a layering combo to Wonderwood and bring out more spice from it.

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by vah View Post
              Making my premiere post after lurking for ages... but! DSM London have it in store as well. I was there and checked it out the weekend it launched. Fantastic scent, would do great as a layering combo to Wonderwood and bring out more spice from it.
              Thanks for the feedback. I was actually thinking before I've even sampled it that it sounds like something which could be layered with Wonderoud too, to add a bit more dimension to it.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vah View Post
                Is it any different from 'Black' though? More woody, less leathery?

Comment

• Law
                  • Dec 2013

Got a prompt and friendly reply from the BBS NY store. They'll be receiving the fragrance in the next few weeks and will be officially launching it in September. No samples available as of yet unfortunately.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
                    Got a prompt and friendly reply from the BBS NY store. They'll be receiving the fragrance in the next few weeks and will be officially launching it in September. No samples available as of yet unfortunately.
                    Buy it blind. It's really good.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Buy it blind. It's really good.
                      Yeah, I probably will end up doing that, provided it isn't too cost prohibitive.

Comment

• Shifts
                        • Jul 2013

Some people say CdGs Amazingreen and Floriental were very good too (they are not). I would never recommend doing a blind buy, unless you think you can sell it easy if you are unhappy with it.

Don't do blind buys, it will become a hard earned lesson.

Very curious about the BBS scent though, can't really imagine (and haven't seen any notes list) what they would decide to do. Similar to the scented candle collab? On the topic of CdG, the original EDP works in my mind well for a brand like BBS.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Actually, I liked both Amazingreen and Floriental, haha. Law, maybe if you look in this thread and see my fragrance opinions, it may help.

It is, as you might expect a masculine scent, but it was not done with Mad et Len. I no longer remember the details, but it seemed akin to the earthy Mad et Len scents. Anyway, it's just a few weeks until the release, and rest assured that SZ will get a first crack at the review.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I've been really into Mad et Len fragrances. I love Terre Noire and Graphite, my latest acquisitions. I had Lechen before that and also love it. I can't quite put my finger on why I like them besides the earthy scents. They seem refreshingly uncomplicated.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• vah
                              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                              Is it any different from 'Black' though? More woody, less leathery?
                              My memory fails me of the exact details of Black at the moment, but Blackpepper is first and foremost a bunch of pepper, with some patchouli and woody base notes. Not so much leather - more stingy, aromatic pepper layered with the wood. A really nice perfume, but then again I've been only wearing Wonderwood for the past 4 years so a bit biased I guess.

Comment

• Shifts
                                • Jul 2013

Haven't sampled Blackpepper yet, but will try to this weekend. Sounds like it could be a cousin to Marc Jacobs Bang (which was no bad effort in the genre) by Ann Gottlieb. I see it commonly described as super dry woods and pepper in the opening, which is exactly how I perceive Bang. Seems odd with the tonka been closing the drydown which I've read about, but maybe it will work well.

Antoine Maisondieu seems to be behind Blackpepper and his track record is a tad better than Gottlieb's, so my hopes are up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎