Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • resolution653
    • Nov 2013

Would just like to add, Bapteme De Feu (Serge Lutens) has won me over. Listed as "burnt orange peel" I usually stay far away from any citrus, especially orange as it reminds me of a dish soap. Has a "smoky orange" been done before ? Along with the gourmand elements this is really interesting and well executed. Picking this up for winter.

Quickly, DS/Durga "Radio Bombay" not much wearings but so far it is a beautiful yet linear scent built around sandalwood. I don't get any milky sandalwood either which is really cool, I do like say.. "santal blush" Tom Ford, but that is a really milky sandalwood. Just a nice take on it. With their re branding and price increase, don't know if I would buy a full bottle tho tbh.

Comment

• Shifts
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by resolution653 View Post
      Has a "smoky orange" been done before ? Along with the gourmand elements this is really interesting and well executed. Picking this up for winter.
      Look no further than to another Serge Lutens fragrance for burnt mandarin peels: Mandarine-Mandarin. It never seem to get much love from anyone, but I appreciate it a lot. Will try to add a bottle of it to my collection this winter.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

anyone purchase the new BBS fragrance? I blindly purchased one, but apparently theres an issue with international shipping where since its considered a flammable I couldnt have it sent internationally so I sent it to a hole of mine in america, anyone have any similar experience, or experience with the BBS fragrance?

for the meantime I bought a Kawa Coffeum candle and Cuir de Russie n°XVII from Mad Et Len to hold me over until I figure out how to get the BBS to me.

anyone have any experience with the Kawa Coffeum? from the descriptions online I am reading its an absolute coffee scent.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• newp
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
          anyone purchase the new BBS fragrance? I blindly purchased one, but apparently theres an issue with international shipping where since its considered a flammable I couldnt have it sent internationally so I sent it to a hole of mine in america, anyone have any similar experience, or experience with the BBS fragrance?

for the meantime I bought a Kawa Coffeum candle and Cuir de Russie n°XVII from Mad Et Len to hold me over until I figure out how to get the BBS to me.

anyone have any experience with the Kawa Coffeum? from the descriptions online I am reading its an absolute coffee scent.
          Same here, bought it the first day it was available and now it's waiting for me in the hotel in Greece which I am to visit on 24th of September because it couldn't be delivered to my country.
          I am not good with perfume review though.

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post

I got a chance to smell it at their launch party at the NY store. Really nice fragrance. Has something of an underlying pine note to it but can't totally place it. I'd say it's something of a unisex fragrance with a hint of masculinity.
            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• resolution653
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
              Look no further than to another Serge Lutens fragrance for burnt mandarin peels: Mandarine-Mandarin. It never seem to get much love from anyone, but I appreciate it a lot. Will try to add a bottle of it to my collection this winter.
              This one seems to be harder to get a hold of, especially a sample. Noted and saved to "the list" regardless. Thank you.

Comment

• agentred
                • Jul 2009

Ahoy a slightly different question for the fragrances thread - what do you guys do when you travel? I don't want to lug around a big/heavy 50ml or 100ml bottle when I travel, but keep running out of little sample bottles.

Is there a small refillable atomizer anyone would recommend? Preferable light/simple so airport security does not assume I am pulling a fast one,

Comment

• Shifts
                  • Jul 2013

It all comes down to the spray mechanism and even if some atomizers look the same, they are not necessarily so. Saying that I have been happy with one of these (who knows, maybe they just look the same): https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Metall.../dp/B000B45BUE

Use one atomizer per fragrance, don't fill it with something else once it runs empty.

Comment

• Anton
                    • Oct 2014

@zen dog: Thanks for the advice, I'll check those out!
                    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• zen dog
                      • Jan 2014

My pleasure, let me, or us, know how things turn out :-)

Comment

• eleves
                        • Sep 2012

Anyone know the price point on the BBS fragrance? Are there multiple sizes?
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• vah
                          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                          Anyone know the price point on the BBS fragrance? Are there multiple sizes?
                          Antonioli stocks it. See here: https://www.antonioli.eu/en/GB/men/products/perfume

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                            I got a chance to smell it at their launch party at the NY store. Really nice fragrance. Has something of an underlying pine note to it but can't totally place it. I'd say it's something of a unisex fragrance with a hint of masculinity.
                            If a girl was wearing this perfume i would bet she also has ballz. Its very masculine.
                            That said i really think its a very well produced perfume. I know they really took the time to work on it. Its not just another "product" on which a designer puts his name and basta. Clearly had the BBS dna in it.

Comment

• k3mist
                              • Apr 2013

hopefully SZ is gonna do a review of some sort of it? I've been using CDG incense kyoto/avignon over the last 3 years, maybe a time for change?!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
                                hopefully SZ is gonna do a review of some sort of it? I've been using CDG incense kyoto/avignon over the last 3 years, maybe a time for change?!
                                Working on it.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎