• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by byte View Post
    I've almost run out of L'eau d'Issey which I like well enough, I suppose, but I've been lusting for a new scent. Not living near any boutique or retailer that stocks fragrances makes shopping quite frustrating and I'm looking into samplers I can buy on the internet if anyone has a suggestion for that.
    agreed it's time for a new scent.

anything in particular you like? ie - spices, woods, fruits, etc. I won't bother recommending anything like the Miyake because they all smell the same.

As far as ordering samples, depending on your location, you can try:

-aedes.com
    -luckyscent.com
    -theposhpeasant.com (all US)
    -lessenteurs.com (UK)
    -ausliebezumduft.de (DE)
    -theperfumeshoppe.com (CA)
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• coro
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      I still wear that one.

If you can't find a bottle, Santa Maria Novella's "Muschio" does a pretty good job at replicating it.
      Thanks Dane,
      i know you mentioned it a couple a month ago, i try to get a sample from it.
      Do you know the name of the other scent he made back then?
      was in a darker bottle...

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Cuiron
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• coro
          • Dec 2008

Thanks again!

so, is there a scent which comes close to this one?

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Nothing overly similar...but Knize Ten has the basic foundation (leather) and even if not identical, is still very good and worth trying if you haven't already.

Comment

• byte
              • Nov 2012

agreed it's time for a new scent.

anything in particular you like? ie - spices, woods, fruits, etc. I won't bother recommending anything like the Miyake because they all smell the same.

As far as ordering samples, depending on your location, you can try:

-aedes.com
              -luckyscent.com
              -theposhpeasant.com (all US)
              -lessenteurs.com (UK)
              -ausliebezumduft.de (DE)
              -theperfumeshoppe.com (CA)

Thanks I'll check those websites out. I like citrus scents the most--anything that's very modern and clean, really. If there are any specific fragrances to try I'd be grateful for the recommendation.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Dane, and anyone else who might have insight on this, do you perchance know any good fragrance brands that also happen to be vegan? I know that CB I Hate Perfume and Le Labo are, and that Puig doesn't test on animals coupled with Comme Des Garcons use of only synthetic ingredients would make them vegan (right?). I'm not sure if that extends into all Puig labels in terms of only using synthetics...
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

I've been obsessed with this lately:

Wears all day, deep and long.
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                    it's kinda like millesime imperial with coconut and lime, i would prefer something similar, but less candylike..
                    maybe also try batucada from l'artisan ? funny cos i just sampled it from barneys recently . its pretty limey and coconuty . or maybe even coney island from bond no9 . i wish i could like more of the creeds but the ones ive tried just havent done it for me , the guy at the store was like here try aventus , ugh god i thought it was awful but he was like nooooo its refined and classy

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

thanks, i really should look for an alternative because the spray card for island water turned into a spoiled teenage girl the second day.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Thanks I'll check those websites out. I like citrus scents the most--anything that's very modern and clean, really. If there are any specific fragrances to try I'd be grateful for the recommendation.
                        Mugler's Cologne is great...sorta citrus-y & fresh. Bvlgari Homme (not Man) is a more sophisticated rendition of shower clean. Otherwise maybe vetivers are worth trying, Guerlain's in particular.

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                        Dane, and anyone else who might have insight on this, do you perchance know any good fragrance brands that also happen to be vegan? I know that CB I Hate Perfume and Le Labo are, and that Puig doesn't test on animals coupled with Comme Des Garcons use of only synthetic ingredients would make them vegan (right?). I'm not sure if that extends into all Puig labels in terms of only using synthetics...
                        Interesting question. I wouldn't assume anything based on heavy use of synthetics...those could still be tested on animals. I'd also be sceptical of anything Le Labo says.

As far as animal ingredients, they are extremely rare anymore, as all/most have been synthesized (ambergris, musk, castoreum, civet, etc.)

Basically, like cosmetics, you rarely know what you're getting. Even the companies themselves can be falsely informed...they're buying ingredients just like we're buying product.

I wish I had a better answer for you.

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                        maybe also try batucada from l'artisan ? funny cos i just sampled it from barneys recently . its pretty limey and coconuty . or maybe even coney island from bond no9 . i wish i could like more of the creeds but the ones ive tried just havent done it for me , the guy at the store was like here try aventus , ugh god i thought it was awful but he was like nooooo its refined and classy
                        consider yourself lucky you're not impressed with the creed line...it means you have good taste.

I haven't tried Batacuda yet...and the Bond line is a big mess of confusion for me...I just can't keep up with what's what.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

dane you could charge 10 cents per question and then you'd be balling on ccp price range lol

anything like mechant loup but that lasts longer? i think it only lasted like 2-3 hours on me lol

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

just because I respond doesn't mean it's the right answer. ;)

merchant loupe is pretty unique, so I don't think you'll find anything quite like it. you may want to try some of the perfumer's other creations though (Bertrand Duchaufour is his name). His scents for Eau d'Italie come to mind...ditto Dzonkha & Timbuktu for L'Artisan...maybe even CDG Kyoto, which may not smell similar at first, but does have some elements in common.

If you want to stick with ML and make it last longer, try spraying where you have hair (not your head). Forearms, back of neck both hold scent longer than chest/wrists...unless you're hairy there. Oily skin holds scent longer, so moisturizing first helps too.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

You might like CDG Amazing Green. Most of us were disappointed by it's lack of originality compared to other CDG fragrances, but it is fresh and aquatic and a bit more adventurous than L'eau d'issey. You might also Serge Lutens L'eau Froide.

I've almost run out of L'eau d'Issey which I like well enough, I suppose, but I've been lusting for a new scent. Not living near any boutique or retailer that stocks fragrances makes shopping quite frustrating and I'm looking into samplers I can buy on the internet if anyone has a suggestion for that.
                              music

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Interesting question. I wouldn't assume anything based on heavy use of synthetics...those could still be tested on animals. I'd also be sceptical of anything Le Labo says.

As far as animal ingredients, they are extremely rare anymore, as all/most have been synthesized (ambergris, musk, castoreum, civet, etc.)

Basically, like cosmetics, you rarely know what you're getting. Even the companies themselves can be falsely informed...they're buying ingredients just like we're buying product.

I wish I had a better answer for you.
                                Thanks for responding! Yeah, I was worried that there is a lack of clarity in fragrances as I've heard that it's possible for a company to test on animals after the fact of having the fragrance made by someone else who doesn't =/.

Concerning Le Labo: they do explicitly say vegan on their website. In an interview it was also stated that both founders Fabrice Penot and Eddie Roschi are vegan, as are Fabrice's wife and children. But as you said, companies can be misinformed...though I do feel I can probably trust them more than others based on their personal commitments. All I got is trust =(.

I guess the only chance of a truly transparent fragrance is if Bruno Pieters makes one...but not through someone else haha.
                                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎