X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coccodrillo
    • Nov 2009

Thank you both for the suggestions!

Castor - have a sample of Timbuktu that I'll revisit and Kyoto is on the list of samples to come. Have sniffed on papir but am thinking that I need to try all of the Incense series on my skin.

Dane - samples of Amouage Jubilation XXV + the attars are on their way. Am already thinking if I fall in love with Jubilation XXV - I can justify buying 100 mls as the price difference for 50 mls is about + 20% - making 100 mls a veritable bargain!

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I bought my bottle from Les Senteur in London. Even after shipping, it was still over $100 cheaper than buying locally. Mind you, my local retailer over charges.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• coccodrillo
        • Nov 2009

Found a 100 ml for £170 - and James @ Les Senteurs is a walking encyclopedia of fragrance. James + Les Senteurs.

He's taught me to try things I would otherwise avoid given their ingredients lists.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
          • Oct 2009

@Dane: patchouli based fragrances? Looking at l'artisans patchouli patch atm.
          Opinions?
          Thx
          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Patchouli Patch is excellent. Dior's Patchouli Imperial, Lutens' Borneo, and Chanel Coromandel are favs of mine if you want something more baroque.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
              • Oct 2009

Thx man! Might go for patch, also tried cedre sandaraque.
              Very nice too...
              "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

One more - Nombril Immense by Etat Libre. More economical than the rest. You can't go wrong with PP tho really.

Comment

• keilani
                  • Jan 2012

Currently I'm in love with all the byredo fragrances, anyone else have any?

Comment

• Castor
                    • Nov 2009

Coromandel. Patchouli refinement. All the others are raw or loud or both IMHO. Coromandel is the fragrance of royalty. Decadent and luxurious without being bourgeois.
                    Originally posted by DRRRK
                    The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                      • Nov 2009

Montale's Patchouli Leaves and Parfumerie Generale's Intrigant Patchouli are also worth checking out.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

Hmmmmmm.......

Does anyone have any idea where I can find some:

L'Artisan "Tea for Two"? I ran out and just realized it seems to be "out of stock" everywhere. Was it discontinued? Anyhow, it's one of my favorite scents.

As an alternative, does anyone else have suggestions for ginger-based scents? Like raw ginger, not gingerbread, for instance.

Also, does anyone here wear L'Artisan Navigateur? I know it's discontinued, but curious about your thoughts. Looks like a pretty epic layered scent.

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

t42 got discontinued 2 yrs ago , theres some decants of it on ebay tho . this mite sound like a weird alternative to it but i always thought tobacco vanille reminded me alot of tea for two more than anythin , tho me personally i hATE it . ugh just thinkin about tobac vanille makes me wanna frow up but others seem to really love it and i can understand why

oh for the patchouli stuff maybe also sample portrait of a lady ? dont let the name scare u , mbd gave me a sample of it and i like it alot

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

^^Good call, jogu! Portrait of a Lady is one of the best scents out there. I get more compliments on it than almost anything I wear. It's also got this really unusual opening that can't be described. The Turkish rose is unmatched and this scent will last like 24 hours, and I'm a fan to scents that stick. Obviously I'm obsessed with Dominique Ropion scents though.....

Comment

• coccodrillo
                              • Nov 2009

darkbydesign - Have you tried Gincense by Oliver & Co?
                              Last edited by coccodrillo; 01-13-2013, 09:39 AM. Reason: missing intro

Comment

• neparlepas
                                • Jan 2013

Anyone here still wearing "Body Kouros" YSL ? I have ran out and it seems its discontinued. Maybe an alternative exist?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎