X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Le Labo is so full of shit it's almost offensive...but I won't get into that (unless someone wants to hear it). Either way, as I'm sure you know, one person's definition of vegan may not jive well with someone else. Same for "all natural" and "organic". Most of the all-natural perfumes I've seen use mostly isolates, which means the ingredients may have originally derived from a natural source, but doesn't mean they were produced that way.

I've learned all kinds of fallacies over the years when it comes to these claims, and I may just be jaded, but I don't buy any of it anymore...regardless of who's making the claim. There are so many disgusting aspects of this industry, it would make most never want to wear perfume again...but I guess we'd all be naked too if we followed that principle.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• fncyths
      • Apr 2010

Dane > Is there a way to have CDG Wonderwood last longer? I've been pairing it with some essential oils that I wear (mainly neroli and amber) and that seems to be working well when I do that. When I wear it clean by itself it only lasts a few hours at most...

Any advice would be much appreciated!
      Originally posted by Shucks
      it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        Le Labo is so full of shit it's almost offensive...but I won't get into that (unless someone wants to hear it). Either way, as I'm sure you know, one person's definition of vegan may not jive well with someone else. Same for "all natural" and "organic". Most of the all-natural perfumes I've seen use mostly isolates, which means the ingredients may have originally derived from a natural source, but doesn't mean they were produced that way.

I've learned all kinds of fallacies over the years when it comes to these claims, and I may just be jaded, but I don't buy any of it anymore...regardless of who's making the claim. There are so many disgusting aspects of this industry, it would make most never want to wear perfume again...but I guess we'd all be naked too if we followed that principle.

If you've got the time I actually would be interested in hearing any knowledge you can spare about the inner-workings and the facade put on by the fragrance industry, including Le Labo. Fragrance is one of those sectors I'm a bit cloudy on =/. So if you do feel like ranting, don't hesitate to PM me.
        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
          Dane > Is there a way to have CDG Wonderwood last longer? I've been pairing it with some essential oils that I wear (mainly neroli and amber) and that seems to be working well when I do that. When I wear it clean by itself it only lasts a few hours at most...

Lazy answer:

If you want to stick with ML and make it last longer, try spraying where you have hair (not your head). Forearms, back of neck both hold scent longer than chest/wrists...unless you're hairy there. Oily skin holds scent longer, so moisturizing first helps too.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• fncyths
            • Apr 2010

Lazy answer:
            THX

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

how 2 get more life if ur a twink?
              spray on eyebrows?
              please respond

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

put more on. repeat.

Comment

• fncyths
                  • Apr 2010

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Wonderwood is a strange beast, sometimes I spray it and it seems soooo strong and lasts all day (and even the next day and a week later on the jacket I was wearing) and sometimes it just disappears.

I forget where but I remember reading somewhere that one of it's notes is imperceptible to a certain percentage of the population thus the drastically different reviews concerning its longevity. It generally seems really powerful and long lasting to me but every once in awhile it disappears (usually if I've been wearing it consistently). My guess is my nose gets numb to the scent after consistent use, so my suggestion to you is wear it every other day or take a break from it for a few days and see if when you come back it seems to last longer.

music

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

It may be Iso E Super, which is notorious for "fatigue" symptoms. It actually lasts an insanely long time on the skin, but like many musks, it has a tendency to come and go.

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

So I've got some Musc Ravageur on my wrist that has dried down I keep sniffing and trying to figure out what I'm smelling...the best way I can describe it is sweaty/salty chocolate mixed with amber. I have a feeling that I'm just crap at figuring out notes, but are there alternatives for a sweaty chocolate? (i.e. not sweet).
                        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Don't worry about what you're smelling...just enjoy.

Technically though, it's amber (resins, patchouli, vanilla, etc.) Patchouli has chocolate facets. Also, the perfumer (Maurice Roucel) relies heavily on synthetics (and is very good at it), so we'll never know exactly what's in there.

Comment

• nqth
                            • Sep 2006

i remember a lot of cinnamon in musc ravageur, very "dirty" and unusual combination with vanilla and musc. it smelled much better in my female friend's skin than on mine.

Is there a way to have CDG Wonderwood last longer?
                            you can always re-apply it:)

i personally prefer that a scent "refreshes itself" from time to time, when the top and middle notes suddenly come back. it's nicer than smelling the base notes all the time.

Comment

• Denpatou
                              • Jan 2010

i also only get a couple of hours out of wonderwood, but sometimes later at night i'll catch hints of it while removing my jacket or answering the phone. had about the same result with amazingreen. sometimes it sticks around for a couple of hours before subsiding and reappearing occasionally throughout the day, then sometimes i feel like i may as well have no scent at all.
                              SEMI-SORTED. / DRUNKEN HEARTED

Comment

• jogu
                                • Jun 2009

i finally got a small decant of la myrrhe , rite after sprayin it on my arm i hated it , way too soapy and sharp but i was like ok im gonna be patient. after like 20 mins and def by 40 mins i could smell it naturally from the diffusion in the air w/out havin to put my nose to my arm and it was awesome and as more time went by it just got better . the soapiness was still there but not at all like the beginning .

im wearin it rite now and at the 1st half hour mark and onward it reminds me alot of root beer which is also my fav pop , a creamy root beer but not cream as in vanilla just creamy as in the texture . a cold mug of softly sweet and creamy root beer . id love to smell this on someone else to see what the effect is like but holy rootbeers im totally impressed and loving it , the reddish color of the perfume itself is kinda beautiful too

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎