Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magic
    • Feb 2009

I have seen thread broken on the opening area.. But thats something that couldnt avoid.
    Focusing on object details

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
      I took a look at the 'eyelets', tried by feel and it seems like there isn't any reinforcement between the outer and lining. Anyone heard of issues related to them tearing?
      Hmm then I advise to protect them and condition the leather. You may want to avoid to wear them in wet weather which will dry the leather out. I have seen shoes where the leather teared apart at the eyelets. Dried out leather and constant pressure with tight lacing and walking might not be the ideal combination. Especially with this lazercut leather which seem already fragile to me.
      Grailed link

Comment

• Coming
        • Sep 2013

Both those pairs of CCP colour 1 boots like more cream than white

Is it just the camera/my monitor? or are they really like that?

One of the things that puts me off ordering white versions of their leather products

Comment

• unwashed
          • Dec 2008

It could be the camera, it could be your monitor/screen, it could be the leather used, it could be the dye-batch (I've got 3 pairs of color 12 and all are different shades between black and dark green.)
          Grailed link

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Coming View Post

One of the things that puts me off ordering white versions of their leather products
            mine are straight up 35 bright yellow (like big Bird) not cream, not "piss" , just yellow.
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

^the picture on your instagram is way more yellow than the one you posted here. Like electric yellow. I'm curious how you will style it
              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• GucciAmen
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Coming View Post

My pair are a blend of cream/bone colour and some patches of true white, but, as they wear, they will definitely become yellowish.

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

I agree, but they tell you it can be as soon as a few weeks. Then continue to tell you that CCP has no time frame and its out of their control. I fail to believe that the manufacturer can't give at least a reasonable ballpark figure. Just tell you what you want to hear to get that deposit. Then it's fuck you and the object dyed horse you rode in on.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Y'all are nuts. No piece of clothing is worth that.
                  Last edited by Peasant; 05-13-2015, 11:56 PM. Reason: grammar - iphone thinks it's always right.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                    • Feb 2014

I just put down a deposit on these by dipping into my trust fund.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                      • May 2014

shame about that vibram

Comment

• rickandjulius
                        • Feb 2014

I'm going to get it redone.

Comment

• guardimp
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                          I agree, but they tell you it can be as soon as a few weeks. Then continue to tell you that CCP has no time frame and its out of their control. I fail to believe that the manufacturer can't give at least a reasonable ballpark figure. Just tell you what you want to hear to get that deposit. Then it's fuck you and the object dyed horse you rode in on.
                          Perhaps this is better suited to a different thread, but I'm confused by CCP special orders. How does it work, do people seriously pay the store and not get any kind of contract or guarantee of delivery in a given time frame?

The described story, a store saying delivery would take a few weeks and then having it take up to two years, seems absurd especially given the high cost. What makes CCP so special that the wait is worth it, especially given that nothing has really changed in the past 5 years. It seems like a store would have find a way to expedite it and charge a hefty premium, yet instead everyone has become OK with not knowing when their item is going to show up. WTF is up with that?

Comment

• jap808
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                            I just put down a deposit on these by dipping into my trust fund.
                            nice one!

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
                              What makes CCP so special that the wait is worth it, especially given that nothing has really changed in the past 5 years. It seems like a store would have find a way to expedite it and charge a hefty premium, yet instead everyone has become OK with not knowing when their item is going to show up. WTF is up with that?
                              Nothing makes it special enough to wait months up to years. I'll rather wait till stores have stock and if not then so be it.

If you can place enough special orders throughout the years it's like online shopping but with delivery times from the middle ages, back when people made deliveries by boat and horse :)
                              Grailed link

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

I have seen people got the wrong idea of special order, they thought the numbers one the tag are special that only 1OF1 in the world too.

I have done special order before, as most stores did not stock the item I want, and waiting time was still good at 6 to 9 months.
                                Last edited by magic; 05-14-2015, 05:38 AM. Reason: typo
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎